R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:10 PM   #11281
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Skottrik - I can not tell you enough how much I appreciate you saying that. I would like to say for the record that I hope to get to a full field of Officially legal cars and I dont want to be slow in doing that. However this track is going to be out in an area where there will be a lot of people that are brand new to RC that is not from Walmart. The other guy that has put a lot of time into this wants to allow older VTA legal cars in. I am ok with 4/27 cars but not the 21.5 set. We have both agreed that 21.5 cars could be run in a separate class if they show up, but I really dont expect that to happen. I also expect the 4/27 cars to get waxed their first time out and for those guys to come back with Gen3 rules cars.

Monkey since you have misquoted me on several accounts I can only assume that you misunderstood me. Yes I have pondered differrent ideas for a TC based themed race including new sports car bodies on VTA legal chassis. I have thought about something that is a mix between VTA and USGT, but I never said that I would do that under the VTA flag. I really think that if a track says they are going to run VTA then they should do their best to run the official rule set. If not then call it something else. And I told you that if I did that then I would call it something else.

I have no problem with people coming out and not helping. I did get extremely frustrated on ONE PARTICULAR DAY when we had a work day and everyone showed up with RC cars and chairs. So not only were we not going to get anything done that day as a group, but I could not get anything done as an individual because of everyone playing on the surface. I especially remember trying to blow off the track with a blower and cars kept coming through stirring it all back up. So it is only that I felt like I had wasted a day of work and made no progress on the track I want so badly. That is what had me upset. Again, one time one day, not a consistent thing. Feel free to visit while we are out there.

Also Monkey I realize that you are injured and can not contrbute labor to the effort. I also do not take lightly the means by which you sustained those injuries and I appreciate the decision you and others like you have made to defend this country. I have not and will not forget that. (Cue Lee Greenwood here, then play There She Stands by Michael W Smith)

I still really believe this is going to be a super cool project, and I hope that you will choose to be a part of it. And I hope you have a blast. Its already one of the best looking tracks I have ever seen. Not that I get out much.
Old 04-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #11282
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How cool is this! I'm told that my name came up on this forum and "BAM"! there it is for all to see. I'm George by the way. Now, I have a VTA car. Never used since VTA went away here. As of now snoop and I are in this track together. Snoop cannot upgrade yet because we are putting a lot of our $$$'s and time towards getting this track ready. Same with my car. I cannot speak for snoop or the other VTA guy in this area about the money needed for the upgrade. I will not mention him here. When I did talk to him I was still under medication and don't remember everything he said. I was happy to hear from him and he has cars for other classes as well. As for me, I will not run my car as is on raceday. After the race...maybe. On off days, probably. Every one knows why I said it and I will never believe it was a bad thing to do. But it was an error on my part about bending the rules for the older cars. I have a hard time telling somone they cannot race because of a rule I was ignorant of and that is my weakness. I like to see people having fun at one of my tracks, always have. To protect myself on this I talked a long time to the highest authority in the land for this problem. Not the people who rule VTA but someone even more important. Someone that told me that if one rule is ignored then every VTA club in the country will shut down and and will race nothing but RC10's with touring car shocks until this is resolved. And no I will never tell You guys it was "Chad Sharp" that laid the law on me. VTA will be what it is. Nothing else...until the next rule change. If you are not doing this for fun you are here for the wrong reason. Just kidding Chad...but you know that.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM   #11283
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sweet, we got a new anacronym out of this discussion..... "Gen3 cars".

But aren't the 25.5 cars really Gen2? Gen1 was 4/27&17.5, with 21.5s being Gen1.5?
Old 04-25-2011, 10:37 PM   #11284
Tech Champion

To the best of my recollection the first set of rules was 27 turn stock motor and a four cell pack. Thats the Gen 1 set of rules. Then they wanted to allow brushless tech into VTA so they opened it up to 21.5 on 2S lipo or 4cell with either 27t or 17.5. That would be a Gen 2 rule set. Now and I hope for a very long time, we are on our third incarnation of the rule set. Gen 3. I simply refer to the cars according to the rule set for which they are legal. So I guess a 4/27 car could be gen 1 or 2. Hope that is not confusing.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #11285
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Every one knows why I said it and I will never believe it was a bad thing to do. But it was an error on my part about bending the rules for the older cars. I have a hard time telling somone they cannot race because of a rule I was ignorant of and that is my weakness. I like to see people having fun at one of my tracks, always have.
If this is you saying that we can go with straight rules, then I can't tell you how glad I am to hear that.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:22 AM   #11286
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Someone that told me that if one rule is ignored then every VTA club in the country will shut down and and will race nothing but RC10's with touring car shocks until this is resolved.
Baby Jesus cries when you don't follow the rules to the letter.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 04-26-2011, 05:12 AM   #11287
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
And Tom Cruise shows up and jumps on your couch, I mean your pit table. No wait....There he goes.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:18 AM   #11288
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Ay yi yi...and who wants THAT on their soul...???

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 04-26-2011, 06:42 AM   #11289
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default VTA rules

The problem you guys have is an easy fix.

Just place the rules on all other cars that aren't VTA legal to be slower than the rest of the VTA legal field. I bet they will be VTA legal after a weekend or two. Let them all race together 21.5 and all. Just restrict the FDR on the 21.5 until they are at a disadvantage. Tweak it from week to week until the VTA legal cars are always up front. Once the guys who are running a 21.5 realize they can't win with it they will change. Then you may have some that just enjoying running VTA without spending more money, they are fine with running 5 place or so. Each track should welcome anyone wanting to race.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 AM   #11290
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgraham37128 View Post
The problem you guys have is an easy fix.

Just place the rules on all other cars that aren't VTA legal to be slower than the rest of the VTA legal field. I bet they will be VTA legal after a weekend or two. Let them all race together 21.5 and all. Just restrict the FDR on the 21.5 until they are at a disadvantage. Tweak it from week to week until the VTA legal cars are always up front. Once the guys who are running a 21.5 realize they can't win with it they will change. Then you may have some that just enjoying running VTA without spending more money, they are fine with running 5 place or so. Each track should welcome anyone wanting to race.
Thats kind of what I had in mind the whole time. If you really "Just want to run." then that will work. Right now it looks like I have a green light for straight rules. And it is a beautiful day in the neighborhood. Aside from the fact that it looks like I lost one friendship.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #11291
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default VTA racing

Remember we're adults racing toy cars. It's not that important.

In a year no one will even remember this. If it's sooner than a year the better for everyone.

I've treated people the way they didn't deserve to be treated, and I've been treated in a way I didn't deserve to be treated. That's life, move on and now let's race!

JG
Old 04-26-2011, 08:36 AM   #11292
Tech Master

Look at it this way, this is your hobby. Its what is supposed to be a place/pastime to pursue to de-stress, have fun and relax.

At the track, you should try to get away from bickering and dealing with egos like you do at work.

When a new class rule comes in, understand that not all guys have the money to immediately comply. Just inform them (like we do at our Cub Scout Pinewood Derby) that if their car isn't legal, and they win, they will get DQ'd. If its illegal, but doesn't go fast anyway, no biggie right? That seems to work 99% of the time.

We are all looking forward to racing this weekend, but there are many who can't wait to wake up early and watch The Royal Wedding on Friday. Glad I'm not in that bunch! LOL

USVTA #144
Old 04-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #11293
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think I had my eyes closed during my whole wedding...what happened?
Old 04-26-2011, 10:47 AM   #11294
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

not VTA but,
at my track and most i have been to: 4-5 cars makes a class.

get 5 cars with the same stuff and/or that agree to race together no fussing and you have a class with whatever motor esc body you want....21.5 VTA 17.5 VTA whatever
Then maybe those 5 guys can buy full vta stuff in a few months etc but get to race and give the track money

VTA:
We do have a rule dictator, love ya n, for VTA and it is really the only way to go as the class is all about close racing and that is how you get it
Old 04-26-2011, 01:24 PM   #11295
Tech Champion

Quote:
I think I had my eyes closed during my whole wedding...what happened?
Looks like the dust has settled. Havent heard from Monkey since last night. So I dont know if he just hasnt had a chance to check in or if he is still ticked and/or decided not to play anymore. I am ready to move on, preferably with him onboard but however it has to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
Then maybe those 5 guys can buy full vta stuff in a few months etc but get to race and give the track money
I plan on losing money when it is all said and done. Entry fees coming in will be great, but we have plans for a better scoring system, better barriers, nicer drivers stand, etc. So in the end we want a nice track and the money will continually go back into it.