R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 03:06 PM   #11236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Should be some fast local VTA racers this weekend at Indy (ROAR race).

As far as the facility, there are plenty of tables/chairs/power strips so no need to bring any. Although the chairs are the standard metal fold up type so a cushion might be a luxury.

Last weekend R/Car hosted THE TOUR oval championship and it ran very smoothly. They are setup well to host large events.

Looking forward to seeing some different VTA racers this weekend.
Old 04-15-2011, 03:17 PM   #11237
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
Although the chairs are the standard metal fold up type so a cushion might be a luxury.
Lol,
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 PM   #11238
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
Looking forward to seeing some different VTA racers this weekend.
Great Concession Stand too! You won't be hungry unless you want to be!

USVTA #144
Old 04-15-2011, 06:41 PM   #11239
CBR
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What is the address? Leaving in a couple of hours.
Old 04-15-2011, 06:49 PM   #11240
CBR
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR View Post
What is the address? Leaving in a couple of hours.
Found it:
7300 E. Troy Ave
Indianapolis,IN 46239
Old 04-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #11241
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR View Post
Found it:
7300 E. Troy Ave
Indianapolis,IN 46239
Make sure you find it on mapquest- if you're not familiar with that part of town, it can be tricky to find. You might want to mapquest "Marion County Fairgrounds"
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
Old 04-17-2011, 05:39 PM   #11242
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Had a great weekend in Indy. ROAR Region 5 Champs was a lot of fun
It was my first ROAR event and with VTA on the menu it was worth the trip. Thanks to the Indy crew at R/CAR. You guys are great. Can't wait to race with you again.

Congratulations to Jason on the TQ and win
To Brian for pulling in 2nd with the AE shaft car. I'll catch you next time
Lol

Goto love VTA and all it stands for

1st XRAY 009 Speed Passion
2nd AE TC 4 GTB
3rd AE TC 5 Havok

Cya soon
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 04-17-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:33 PM   #11243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is a link for the results for all classes this weekend (including VTA). - http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/attach...7&d=1303071910

It was an interesting weekend for me in VTA. I had to work on adding back all the mechanical grip I took away for the USVTA Nats. I definately saved my best & most consistent run for the A-main on Sunday.

It was looking bad for me after round 3 (sorry to anyone I hit in round 3), as I was qualified around 12th. I pulled together a decent run in the 4th round to move up to 7th overall. Since I had nothing to lose, I made some major setup changes for the main (roll-centers, kickup, & anti-squat) which helped a lot. I got a great start and managed to work my way up to 4th on lap 1, 2nd on lap 2, and 1st by lap 3. I lead for 13 laps before I was overtaken by Jason Graham (who lead the rest of the race).

Myron had a few bad laps early, which was a bit too much to overcome on Sunday. He was definately catching me at the end of the race, but made a few 1/2 second mistakes which gave me some breathing room.

The FT TC4/GTB combo has been pretty good to me when I get the setup right. I have yet to find a good setup for The Track @ Harbor Hobbies, but the TC4 is pretty good for me everywhere else I've gone.

With the weather finally getting nice, I'm looking forward to some VTA racing outside.

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 04-17-2011 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:14 AM   #11244
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

How heavy is a typical VTA TC3, or XXX-S, or TA-05 or 009, 416 etc without a driver but balanced L/R? I know the official rules are 1550, but I am curious how much weight the average older car requires after what is required to balance it. I only have a 009 in VTA trim and I am at 1440 balanced with the heavy lipo locator but not driver yet. Is adding +/- 100g after balancing pretty normal?
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
Old 04-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #11245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I added a steel bar weighing 50 grams to my TC3 that doubles as a battery spacer. The TC3 isn't a light car to begin with and I'm using all steel hardware. Even so, it just makes the 1550 cut off and comes up a few grams short without my transponder. So I think the possiblity of adding 100 grams to a lighter chassis is pretty realistic.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #11246
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I dont have any extra weight to my TC3...and its balanced ...my TC5r dosent either, and with the driver and body I was at 1552 at Indy....my other TC5 for some reason has a lipo tray and thats all the weight it needed....my TC6 is perfect balance with the Reedy 5500 lipo...no weight at all....

Ive seen guys have to add weight as much as 100, a easy way may be to get detailed...when I built my TC5r...I weighed everything incl rims,servo,rx,different bodies,tires,esc,wires, and lipo...it was dead on after that and required no extra....Ive always ran a driver figure and sho goo in my bodies so that helps....
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 04-21-2011, 09:50 AM   #11247
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
How heavy is a typical VTA TC3, or XXX-S, or TA-05 or 009, 416 etc without a driver but balanced L/R? I know the official rules are 1550, but I am curious how much weight the average older car requires after what is required to balance it. I only have a 009 in VTA trim and I am at 1440 balanced with the heavy lipo locator but not driver yet. Is adding +/- 100g after balancing pretty normal?
sounds about 'normal'

i had to add around 100g on my cyclone TC - which is older, but not that old
Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #11248
Tech Initiate

Default Any tricks to mounting up the required tires?

Newbie, so excuse the question but are there any tricks to mounting up the HPI rubber and rims in as far as getting them to run true? I have them mounted now but the outer portion of the tire doesn't seem fit equally around the rim edge on all of them. Thought maybe to let them sit a day or two to *adjust* to the rim, then hit with CA. Oh and do you just do the outer rim or both?

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 PM   #11249
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasracer View Post
Newbie, so excuse the question but are there any tricks to mounting up the HPI rubber and rims in as far as getting them to run true? I have them mounted now but the outer portion of the tire doesn't seem fit equally around the rim edge on all of them. Thought maybe to let them sit a day or two to *adjust* to the rim, then hit with CA. Oh and do you just do the outer rim or both?

Thanks!
Mine I had to curl up that tire wall and put CA under it with the thin applicator tube. Then, I make a "ring" with my thumb and index finger to squeeze the tire and hold it tight until the CA sets. A lot of guys use rubber bands, but I can never find them in my house when I need them. Not sure what other guys do, but that's what I do.

Helpful:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
USVTA #144
Old 04-21-2011, 01:38 PM   #11250
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chasracer View Post

Thanks!
I leave the backside of the tire out of the "lock" pushing against the inside of the rims beadlock to hold the front sidewall against the ridge, if that makes any sense. , then glue the back after the front has set.