Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #11086
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

thanks to eric for putting on such a good show, computer glitches all

glad we made the trip and hope to do it again next year

wish I had as good of results as the day went..

thanks to Speed Passion, Protoform, and Novak for all the cool giveaways - i'm looking forward to throwing that new speedo combo in my rock crawler

kaybo
Old 04-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #11087
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Where are you all finding the driver panels at?

HPI
#104815 INNER BODY SET FOR DT-1 TRUCK BODY

Associated
6180 Driver, unpainted, 1:10

McAllister
#423 Stock Interior and Driver
#419 SPRINT CAR DRIVER

I searched Amain, Horizon, Stormer, Tower and associated as well as googled the part numbers and only 1 listed that I found was the HPI one with the 2 people. It looked too small to look right in the body. Plus 2 people wont look right IMO.
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 04-03-2011, 08:41 AM   #11088
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Where are you all finding the driver panels at?

HPI
#104815 INNER BODY SET FOR DT-1 TRUCK BODY

Associated
6180 Driver, unpainted, 1:10

McAllister
#423 Stock Interior and Driver
#419 SPRINT CAR DRIVER

I searched Amain, Horizon, Stormer, Tower and associated as well as googled the part numbers and only 1 listed that I found was the HPI one with the 2 people. It looked too small to look right in the body. Plus 2 people wont look right IMO.
I ran the HPI one and its two pieces. Driver looks the right scale but if you only use one it won't be a complete interior. Depends on if you are just going for a driver or a concourse win.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)

Last edited by padailey; 04-03-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:42 AM   #11089
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

The McAllister interior is available directly from McAllister. That's how I got mine, Gary is really easy to work with. It has plenty of surface area so you can trim it up to fill the cabin of the car and look GOOD. Easily taped directly to the body along the sides, front and back.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 04-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #11090
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
I ran the HPI one and its two pieces. Drivers looks the right scale but if you only use one it won't be a complete interior. Depends on if you are just going for a driver or a concourse win.
yeah ive never seen concourse done around here. Basically just getting the car in the rules is my main concern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
The McAllister interior is available directly from McAllister. That's how I got mine, Gary is really easy to work with. It has plenty of surface area so you can trim it up to fill the cabin of the car and look GOOD. Easily taped directly to the body along the sides, front and back.
Ok ill try them. Anyone know where to find the associated 1? I searched their site and came up empty
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 04-03-2011, 08:53 AM   #11091
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

I was really disappointed to see so many cars at the Nationals without drivers or even car numbers. Slippery slope when we forget what the class means and how is was built. I really don't want to see it slip into just another touring car class with one-color spray bomb bodies and very little scale realism.

Congrats to all participants yesterday. It was great to see old friends and make some new ones along the way. My car was just about flawless all day after never having been run in my hands—I wish I could say the same for the driver, though. More rust than I had expected and not so much consistency throughout the day. Still had a great time.

I can't wait for summer racing outdoors at Leisure Hours on their spectacular pavement track. I'll definitely have a RCGT car ready for that racing, too.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:55 AM   #11092
Tech Regular

The idea of having a driver figure is OK-paying $15 for one is not. The As. #6180 is NLA,it was $2. Isn't this class supposed to be more economical? This also applies to the lipo batteries. Supposedly my recently purchased hardcase Zippy 25c 4000mah batteries aren't legal simply because they don't have a ROAR sticker.(having not been submitted to ROAR I suppose). What a bunch of nonsense! This is how people are kept out of racing-economics! Don
Old 04-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #11093
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS II View Post
The idea of having a driver figure is OK-paying $15 for one is not. The As. #6180 is NLA,it was $2. Isn't this class supposed to be more economical? This also applies to the lipo batteries. Supposedly my recently purchased hardcase Zippy 25c 4000mah batteries aren't legal simply because they don't have a ROAR sticker.(having not been submitted to ROAR I suppose). What a bunch of nonsense! This is how people are kept out of racing-economics! Don
Really? You're complaining about the cost of a plastic driver figure?

One, you race a $200+ touring car with $200+ electronics—if you can't afford to buy, make or creatively improvise a driver figure, you shouldn't be racing anything. Stop complaining about the cost of driver figures. Seriously.

Two, your battery would essentially not be legal in any ROAR-based class at many race tracks. That's YOUR fault for not paying attention to what you were buying before you bought it—VTA legal or not. Sell it here on the boards to someone who plays with toy cars and buy one that is approved for racing.

Calling VTA financially un-friendly because YOU don't want to buy or make a driver figure and YOU bought the wrong battery type is not the fault of the class.

And for the record, this class was NOT intended to be an economical class first and foremost—it is very competitive, low maintenance, high fun factor, widely accepted, slower and then cost-conscious—only because tires last forever, you need ONE motor everywhere, battery technology is limited and spec ESCs keep the electronics wars to a minimum.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:28 AM   #11094
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Thank You Sponsors

In my haste last night to post results I inadvertently forgot to thank all of the sponsors who help make these events possible.

Novak Electronics, Speedpassion USA, Protoform, and East Coast Bodies Tune.

Without them these events would be a larger task to put on.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #11095
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
Ok ill try them. Anyone know where to find the associated 1? I searched their site and came up empty
It strikes me that when I was looking around that the old Associated driver has been discontinued.

I'm curious if the new ProLine interior for SC trucks wouldn't be a good choice. I've got a few on-order for my SC trucks. WHICH LEADS US TO...

+1000 Doug. Amen. On ALL counts. I'm disappointed that the rule for interiors was not enforced--it was declared by Rob K. when asked herein that they would be required, to not have enforced it really penalizes any driver who implemented a driver figure subject to that proclamation. NOBODY shows up at a real race without something the rules clearly state you have to have and expects to race.

And no numbers???!!!

Time was when you had to have a driver/tray in pretty much EVERY class--it was a requirement, you didn't question it you just did it. Drivers are not required in SC, but I think if such an easy-to-implement one is readily available and a mfr (ProLine in this case) will go to the trouble and expense to bring it to market I'm 100% on-board. Classes that are based in realistic facsimiles of "real" racing vehicles (ESPECIALLY VTA and SC, maybe RCGT) should be requiring these. The old rule was that a) ALL windows must be clear, and b) no electronic components or wiring could be visible from outside the car with the body on. Then again, back then 1/12 cars looked like an identifiable GTP car, etc.

Old 04-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #11096
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
I'm curious if the new ProLine interior for SC trucks wouldn't be a good choice. I've got a few on-order for my SC trucks.
This what you're thinking about?

Old 04-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #11097
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

All cars without drivers got to run Hello Kitty stickers on the windshield...Last year it was Hannah Montana...

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #11098
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post
That's the one. Nice work

How did you go about attaching it to the chassis? **never mind. Cleaned glasses and looked again. VERY nice!

Old 04-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #11099
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwazyduck View Post

that looks great! Is it authorized being its new or no? Looks like it fits in the car well and fits body also
Brooksphotodesign.net
Old 04-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #11100
Tech Initiate

If you look close at the body off pic, I had to cut the top corners of the roll bar off to clear the windows, and the guy is a bit big, but I think it does a good job of hiding the electronics, and once you're driving it looks as good as anything running around in my area.
Closed Thread