R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2011, 08:26 PM   #10876
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Comes with 2 nose sections. Unlike HPI bods, on this one you attach the front nose/bumper and it comes with a duplicate spare.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 03-10-2011, 11:07 PM   #10877
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Is the extra nose identical or is the style an option?
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 05:39 AM   #10878
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

I should have said it comes with 2 identical nose pieces. The nose is designed to be attached via screws (which come with it). I imagine thin servo tape could be used in place of the screws but i have to wonder if it would be worth it. Once a few more get into our hands we'll sort that out.
Must say this REALLY does look much better in person than some of the promo pictures. The dimensions are just plain cool and it doesn't look like many concessions were made to reproducing the real car. Just can't wait to see these on the track.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 05:41 AM   #10879
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Comes with 2 nose sections. Unlike HPI bods, on this one you attach the front nose/bumper and it comes with a duplicate spare.

Design FAIL.
Timbulb is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:07 AM   #10880
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbulb View Post
Design FAIL.
WTF are you talking about?!?!?!

Did you read the reason why the 2 noses?? Or are you too busy thinking you can make a better one
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:14 AM   #10881
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

You don't see the problem in making the nose a seperate piece? The part of the car that takes the most abuse?
Timbulb is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:20 AM   #10882
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

That may be true but now you have the ability to remove a damaged front nose and replace it. With the Shoo Goo and screw attachment it should be plenty strong since that's what many racers do to their HPI bodies now. I'm wondering if additional nose pieces can be purchased separately. I'm going to call Protoform later today and find out. If thats the case, some of these could last a long,long time
Evoracer is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:24 AM   #10883
Tech Elite
 
Timbulb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,054
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Only time will tell.
Timbulb is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #10884
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Oh no, my grill !, its cool I've got a spare.
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 07:56 AM   #10885
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
That may be true but now you have the ability to remove a damaged front nose and replace it. With the Shoo Goo and screw attachment it should be plenty strong since that's what many racers do to their HPI bodies now. I'm wondering if additional nose pieces can be purchased separately. I'm going to call Protoform later today and find out. If thats the case, some of these could last a long,long time
that's the reason, I remember seeing Dale post..and honestly, I believe its a good idea because we all know how beat the nose of these cars get...

ShooGoo and some double-sided tape and it should be close to be rock solid
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 AM   #10886
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

I have said this before, and I will say it again, I have never seen nor heard of a separate bumper piece coming off of a car that had been properly bolted onto the body. Never.

The new Protoform uses a bolt-on front bumper (for proper body lines and proportions on most cars, you need at least one end pulled separately), which is a nice touch to give you the opportunity to get a little more use out of your body when the front end inevitably gets damaged.

If I would have had a spare front end for this HPI 'Cuda, I wouldn't have had to throw it away after the Nationals a couple of years ago...
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-cuda_mess.jpg  
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #10887
Tech Regular
 
Transamman25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 415
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

I doubt they will sell nose pieces seperately as it appears it would require another mold.

To understand maybe they would do a quick video showing how these bodies are made!
__________________
Team AE FT SC10,GTB2,Speed passion 4.5 Brushless,Futaba 9551
Team AE FT RC10GT2, because who doesn't miss the whine?
Just because you are a tool does not make you a mechanic.
Transamman25 is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:30 PM   #10888
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: NY/FL
Posts: 3,376
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Some of you folks might have seen the thread regarding saving on road. I just want to take a second to thank Rob and everybody who made VTA what it is today. The more I got involved with that discussion ,the more i realized how good we have it now. VTA has become my favorite program and if that thread is any indication, there's a lot of people who just don't get the big picture and there's a lot of misinformation going around about where VTA was and where it is now. Shame on them....their missing out.
Evoracer is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #10889
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Some of you folks might have seen the thread regarding saving on road. I just want to take a second to thank Rob and everybody who made VTA what it is today. The more I got involved with that discussion ,the more i realized how good we have it now. VTA has become my favorite program and if that thread is any indication, there's a lot of people who just don't get the big picture and there's a lot of misinformation going around about where VTA was and where it is now. Shame on them....their missing out.
Stopped reading that thread about 4 pages ago. It's not good for my mental health.

Life is good in this thread.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #10890
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
I have said this before, and I will say it again, I have never seen nor heard of a separate bumper piece coming off of a car that had been properly bolted onto the body. Never.

The new Protoform uses a bolt-on front bumper (for proper body lines and proportions on most cars, you need at least one end pulled separately), which is a nice touch to give you the opportunity to get a little more use out of your body when the front end inevitably gets damaged.

If I would have had a spare front end for this HPI 'Cuda, I wouldn't have had to throw it away after the Nationals a couple of years ago...
I love that picture
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:19 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net