R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 11:57 AM   #10546
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

I would say go with whatever is the least expensive for you, unless you are wanting to go the route of deans plugs.

Still, I almost always shorten the battery wires for the car to make the wiring look as clean as possible, so even if you put a deans plug on the end of it, I would end up cutting it and resoldering it back on.

I would rather not pay any extra for a plug that I have no need for (i.e. traxxas)

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM   #10547
Tech Master
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

This is my opinion and take it for what it is. As I rewire every esc I have ever used I would rather it no wires at all on the motor or the esc. I spend alot of time routing the wires on my cars so it's functional minimalist and looks great.

But there are lots of people here that are thankful that the novaks come prewired.

I'd like a option during purchase to have the unit clean. For testing I would have a setup that you just plug the esc's connection board into a slot that has contacts at the right locations and presto no fuss no muss
Old 02-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #10548
Company Representative

Maybe we should add a Build-A-Controller™ option to the store to complement our Build-A-Ballistic™ 540....

Have it your way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdeadman View Post
This is my opinion and take it for what it is. As I rewire every esc I have ever used I would rather it no wires at all on the motor or the esc. I spend alot of time routing the wires on my cars so it's functional minimalist and looks great.

But there are lots of people here that are thankful that the novaks come prewired.

I'd like a option during purchase to have the unit clean. For testing I would have a setup that you just plug the esc's connection board into a slot that has contacts at the right locations and presto no fuss no muss
Old 02-15-2011, 01:05 PM   #10549
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
I don't know anyone that runs Traxxas connectors either.
I would guess that it's at least 95% Deans plugs.

You could make it simpler and just put no connector on it.
It would just save us a step before we solder on the Deans plug.
I run em and love them. They are rated higher than a deans and you have a connector to pull on when taking apart. Your pulling on wires when taking deans apart. I do not like deans at all. There are better connectors out there you just have to jump off the bandwagon and look around.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:54 PM   #10550
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by redron123 View Post
I run em and love them. They are rated higher than a deans and you have a connector to pull on when taking apart. Your pulling on wires when taking deans apart. I do not like deans at all. There are better connectors out there you just have to jump off the bandwagon and look around.
I wouldn't necessarily say "better" I would just say other connectors. Deans are perfect for our application, Now in a 6s Heli... Deans are the original no loss connector and are a STRONG favorite over any other connector on the market. Also as long as you know how to create a decent solder joint you should NEVER have a problem pulling on the wires to undo the connector. I have used Deans for years and have never pulled a wire off the solder tab when unplugging them.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:14 PM   #10551
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
What I really want to know is " Where the hell is Dale Epp from Protoform !!?" he said Feb. 15 and I want it now !!
Hopefully, something will go up soon...I can't wait to see it myself!!

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 02-15-2011, 02:34 PM   #10552
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I was told last week they were having "overspray film" applied and the painter had a sample for the photo/promo shoot. . Distributors should have also made pre-orders as well.
Old 02-15-2011, 02:43 PM   #10553
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
I cant stand it. I cant stand it. Help me Jesus. Help me Tom Cruise!
Old 02-15-2011, 02:48 PM   #10554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Apparently Tom will be of no use. He's still trying to figure out his own.....direction.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM   #10555
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You got that right.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #10556
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
What I really want to know is " Where the hell is Dale Epp from Protoform !!?" he said Feb. 15 and I want it now !!
+1
Old 02-15-2011, 05:58 PM   #10557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
I wouldn't necessarily say "better" I would just say other connectors. Deans are perfect for our application, Now in a 6s Heli... Deans are the original no loss connector and are a STRONG favorite over any other connector on the market. Also as long as you know how to create a decent solder joint you should NEVER have a problem pulling on the wires to undo the connector. I have used Deans for years and have never pulled a wire off the solder tab when unplugging them.
I still dont like pulling on the wires.I think the traxxas connectors get a bad rap just because they are made by traxxas.

Last edited by redron123; 02-15-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #10558
Tech Fanatic

I was just on the Protoform site and there was no VTA body or anything new for that matter. This happens all the time; these guys from these companies like Protoform and HPI post on these threads that they are coming out with a new body and that it will be shown "very soon", and then months go by and nothing! I wish they would just wait till they actually have the body to show before they post these "teasers"
Old 02-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #10559
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
ok! ok! so i raced sunday @ the big rug in indy...100 x 40..(something like that)...& a couple of buddies of mines...got the stator...(25.5)...to trade out for their ballistic 17.5 stator...they was geared @ 4.0..all 4 of us...(2 back track im the only 1 that brought the 25.5 motor it self)....

their cars was sooooo fast...i mean they was blowing by ppl on the back streight like they was standing still...i was wondering why they was sooo fast...could it been that the stator was new....could it been the 17.5 motor has a diff rotor then the 25.5 motor....or could it been that the stator was hand wind....

when i stay fast i mean their 25.5 look like 21.5 going down the streight awaythe only thing they cant drive that well...but if they could..MAN!!!
They were running 21.5s
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 PM   #10560
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Lotus View Post
I was just on the Protoform site and there was no VTA body or anything new for that matter. This happens all the time; these guys from these companies like Protoform and HPI post on these threads that they are coming out with a new body and that it will be shown "very soon", and then months go by and nothing! I wish they would just wait till they actually have the body to show before they post these "teasers"
I have it on good authority it is in existence, but maybe the photos are not ready yet. I doubt it will be "months"

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Closed Thread