Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
dude? 20inch screen and Im still strolling side-to-side...lol
It's not the size of your screen that matters It's the resolution
Old 02-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #10502
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Is there a new body release coming up shortly ?? Isn't Parma announcing something soon ??
Old 02-12-2011, 05:47 PM   #10503
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs up

There are at least 3 new VTA bodies from HPI and Protoform on the way shortly.
Old 02-12-2011, 06:00 PM   #10504
CBR
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Same here..... on a 23" widescreen. LOL!
Old 02-12-2011, 07:25 PM   #10505
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR View Post
Same here..... on a 23" widescreen. LOL!
I have a 20 screen and no side scrolling.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #10506
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to dodgeboy Send a message via Yahoo to dodgeboy

Quote:
hit the Ctrl button on your keyboard and roll the roller on your mouse it will change the size of your screen
Pm or email for info
Old 02-12-2011, 09:59 PM   #10507
Tech Initiate

I've been looking all over and I haven't had much luck searching, so I thought I'd ask here.

My LHS runs a VTA class, allowing 17.5 brushless or 27T brushed. I have an HPI Sprint 2 Sport and a Novak 17.5. I've been having a real bear of a time trying to get this thing geared to the target 3.5 FDR.

Right now, I have a 69T Spur (AE) and a 48T pinion (Robinson) in it, which gets me EXACTLY 3.5, but I'm having a problem with both belts rubbing against the motor and wearing through after about 5 minutes. If there's a way to adjust the belts, I haven't found it.

I was wondering - what gears are generally accepted as best/correct, and if what I have is good, how do you keep the belts from rubbing?

Thanks!
Old 02-13-2011, 06:07 AM   #10508
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
Seems relatively one-sided coming from one of the manufacturers. You completely avoided noting the positives for the SP and negatives for the Novaks. Not a real unbiased comparison, by any stretch of the imagination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
I posted a side by side spec comparison here.
Hey Doug - did you notice that the llink he posted did not even address the question i asked??? what I got linked to was a post where he said the gtb/motors were available in the store - nothing about a side-by-side comparison..

however, you are right...something like this posted by a manufacturer (or R/C magazine for that matter) is/will always biased, no matter what they say

I was asking for racer's prospective - not a manufacturer...every manufacturer always says their stuff is the best/blah blah blah...but I only know of 1 that actually backs up their claims

So from a racer's side - anyone actually get a chance to try the Speedpassion speedo? I know Rob said he did some testing, but I'm more curious about using it all the time
Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM   #10509
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Does anyone have a weight of the various HPI bodies trimmed and painted? I don't have a body painted up or mounted yet, and I am trying to figure out how close the car is to being on the target weight.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 AM   #10510
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Doesn't matter what you do on the body side, you'll have to add a ton and a half of lead to any modern touring car (past 3-4 years). Frankly it's a bit ridiculous. My Phi weighed in at 1436 g quite well balanced. It was definitely a challenge to get it up to 1550.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Old 02-13-2011, 08:35 AM   #10511
Tech Elite

Right, which is why I am asking how much a painted and trimmed body weighs. I'm trying to add weight and balance the car as it sits, before the body is done...
Old 02-13-2011, 08:53 AM   #10512
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The comparison info I posted was developed for an OEM; we always focus on specs---especially RDS-on, which determines performance. Most Chinese mfgs fail to list any of the important numbers because they do not want their customers to have this info; this is why we have to do the testing here. If you can locate their specs, feel free to add a link. Small and cheap can be important---we have met "cheap" ---next project will be "small". Think Mongoose.... But, sometimes CS and repairability are important, too.

I did not claim that our items are better; I post the numbers so that customers can make their own decisions based on real info, not marketing. The number, and quality, of MOSFETs (on-resistance) used in an esc determine performance and the rating of the BEC is crucial. We also sink our Mosfets to the cooling plate/fins for maximum cooling, which increases performance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Hey Doug - did you notice that the llink he posted did not even address the question i asked??? what I got linked to was a post where he said the gtb/motors were available in the store - nothing about a side-by-side comparison..

however, you are right...something like this posted by a manufacturer (or R/C magazine for that matter) is/will always biased, no matter what they say

I was asking for racer's prospective - not a manufacturer...every manufacturer always says their stuff is the best/blah blah blah...but I only know of 1 that actually backs up their claims

So from a racer's side - anyone actually get a chance to try the Speedpassion speedo? I know Rob said he did some testing, but I'm more curious about using it all the time
Old 02-13-2011, 02:04 PM   #10513
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

How do you contact the rule makers for the U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Association????
Of the allowed Novak speedo's only 2 out of the 7 on the list is currently in production!!!! Does anybody know if they plan on updating the Novak speedo list??
Thanks for any further information
idbdoug
Old 02-13-2011, 02:08 PM   #10514
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Thanks for posting an updated link, NovakTwo I thought I was going nuts earlier when I was missing the info you talked about

My biggest complaint about the gtb?? It didn't fit on my chassis at all (cyclone tc) and the damn cap was big and annoying to find a mounting point... The SP fits decently where I needed it so it works

Does the gtb2 have a lower profile then the gtb? Even with a fan??
Old 02-13-2011, 02:20 PM   #10515
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
Does anyone have a weight of the various HPI bodies trimmed and painted? I don't have a body painted up or mounted yet, and I am trying to figure out how close the car is to being on the target weight.
Some paint thicker than others. Still I guess it would get you in the ball park.