Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
The challenge, and it's a BIG challenge, is that the break lines for the buck HAVE to follow existing "lines" on the body or it introduces non-proper lines in the vac'd product.
You are talking about that line across the front fender of the HPI 68 Camaro. That shell has nice undercuts and the butt does not have to be tacked on.

Originally Posted by Scottrik
That hood would be a MAJOR BEAR to do in vac form other than MAYBE doing the scoop separately.
I would go for an injection molded scoop in this case. Maybe that ups the price of each shell too much. Does that shape represent a differrent car without the scoop?

On another note was there ever a convertible that raced with a roll cage? I would love to see something that has a plastic roll cage with a full interior pan. I have been thinking about using parts from the crawlers that make interior trays and I think one of the roll cages could be cut down to fit in a VTA car. It may or not be period correct.

Originally Posted by Tekin Prez
I will be contacting you directly to make sure I absolutely understand the box our esc must fit into. We might be able to fit 2….
I would make one as big as a house (Metaphorically speaking). And I would put cheap fets in it since it wont need to handle any power. I would call it the Cheap A$$ big as a house club spec Tekin Brushless ESC. You can put all of that on there cause I would make it big and cheap. Then I would make another one representing what Tekin is known for. Nice FETS and smooth power. Even without boost, Tekin has plenty of other features that would make it desirable. The Tekin Premium Club Spec. This will be all done in Tekin style. Club legal just smoother, smaller, and more efficient. Ahhh sign me up.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by squarehead
Ok, let's change the direction of this thread...

I have it on really good information that there are THREE new VTA bodies on the way from HPI (2) and another well-known R/C body manufacturer (1) that has not yet entered the vintage class yet. I want to know what you guys think the next three new bodies will be for our beloved Vintage Trans Am, or at least, what would you most like to see next...

OK THIS SAYS IT ALL, what did the "Little Birdie" tell you.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Maybe this should be in the VTA pics thread, but what is everyone using for interior trays? Rally or what. I know this has been talked about before but new stuff comes out all of the time and as I mentioned above, there is a lot of stuff for crawlers that might work if the size is right.

Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AudioStylz
I hope 1 of those 3 is a 1971 Dodge Challenger!! Preferably a body that already has an attached front and rear bumper! What's with the detached bumpers that you have to figure out how to mount??

Before anyone says "Well there wasn't a dodge challenger in VTA back in the late 60's or early 70's." There indeed was. Here is the link to show it too. http://www.historictransam.com/Drive...Challenger.htm

He was the ONLY driver that ever used the 71 Challenger R/T.

PS. Anyone that would like to paint their body to make a replica VTA from back in the day here is a list of every driver from back then, Just click on the driver and a photo of them along with a couple photos will appear of their VTA cars paint sceme.

http://www.historictransam.com/Roster.htm
Sorry man but that is NOT a 71 Dodge Challenger R/T. That, my friend, is a 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (Tran-Am) only built in 1970 to race in the US Trans Am Series. Sister car the the Plymouth AAR (All American Racers) Cuda. A fine candidate for a body.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
OK THIS SAYS IT ALL, what did the "Little Birdie" tell you.
You're just going to have to wait and find out.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GP40X
Sorry man but that is NOT a 71 Dodge Challenger R/T. That, my friend, is a 1970 Dodge Challenger T/A (Tran-Am) only built in 1970 to race in the US Trans Am Series. Sister car the the Plymouth AAR (All American Racers) Cuda. A fine candidate for a body.
Yeah I got the memo a bit earlier, thanks for the reminder. After doing a little more research I did find all that info out and that I was a little off on my info. I may not be as smart as 90% of the people here but I can try, though I might stop posting period.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

You know I have been looking for convertibles in the Historic Trans Am pictures but I dont see anything that matches the legal cars we run. Closest I can find is the Vette.

I thought it would be cool to build a 69 Camaro with the top cut off and an interior tray and roll cage, but I am not sure that anything like that ever existed.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah I got the memo a bit earlier, thanks for the reminder. After doing a little more research I did find all that info out and that I was a little off on my info. I may not be as smart as 90% of the people here but I can try, though I might stop posting period.
Don't let anything stop you from posting here. You can asks as many questions as you please.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:03 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2010-2011 Midwest Grand Slam (Indoor Carpet Series)

I posted this in the racing thread...but thought it might get seen here quicker

to be sure, this is what is being run for the BIG RUG in Feb 18-20th?

Vintage Trans-Am: 2010 rules at www.usvintagetransam.com
(Exceptions: Driver Figure not required, ROAR Spec ESC)

and are you guys using your IndyGT class?

what all do I need to bring...table,cords,chairs, ect.....thanks in advance
Old 01-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default USVTA

FIRST I would like to say thanks to ROB. Thank You.

After reading this thread for a long,long time. (681 pages) after seeing that there might be some added bodies to the class my vote is for some change

1967 Mercury coger
1963 Ford Falcon
1966 Chevy II nova

just would like to see several diffrent bodies on the track at one time
Thank you
Old 01-18-2011, 03:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
I posted this in the racing thread...but thought it might get seen here quicker

to be sure, this is what is being run for the BIG RUG in Feb 18-20th?

Vintage Trans-Am: 2010 rules at www.usvintagetransam.com
(Exceptions: Driver Figure not required, ROAR Spec ESC)

and are you guys using your IndyGT class?

what all do I need to bring...table,cords,chairs, ect.....thanks in advance
As far as I was told no IndyGT just classes that are listed. Just bring your normal r/c gear and plan on having a good time
Old 01-18-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Champion

Ok...so, I normally just bring my pit bag and radio, and of course my wonderful charm. Lol

And as far as bodies go. Look at what we had, and then look what hpi put out.

68 camaro to 69 camaro z28

65/66 mustang to a 66 mustang coupe

70 cuda aar to? ????? Mopar product, challenger

Can't wait
Old 01-18-2011, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Ok...so, I normally just bring my pit bag and radio, and of course my wonderful charm. Lol

And as far as bodies go. Look at what we had, and then look what hpi put out.

68 camaro to 69 camaro z28

65/66 mustang to a 66 mustang coupe

70 cuda aar to? ????? Mopar product, challenger

Can't wait
the amount of charm that you have takes up no space along with your driving ability so it should be all good on space

Last edited by nashrcracer; 01-18-2011 at 07:48 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry man, I was not trying to bust your chops and did not mean for it to come off that way. It's just I used to own one many years ago (for about three weeks before I totaled it).
Old 01-18-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
the ammount of charm that you have takes up no space along with your driving ability so it should be all good on space
lol...lol....lol....you going

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.