R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM   #10171
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Instead of a pissing match I would much rather see Tekin fight back with a 100% USVTA approved full Spec ESC that can be puchased for less than $100. I don't really care that Novak has cornholed this class with their motor, the motor works just as well as any.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:53 AM   #10172
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
If you read this thread even occasionally, you know who those guys are, especially robk. The fact that you don't tells me you're in here just for the ESC debate, not to discuss USVTA.
Thank you
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:57 AM   #10173
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedybill View Post
I am disappointed that many of you harbor ill feeling to Tekin [&V208] it has repeatedly appologized for many times,

I am losing respect for those that continue that assualt, I am NOT sponsored by nor have ever been sponsored by Tekin or any of its 'affilates'
Hey Bill, I don't think MOST people are attacking Tekin. I certainly don't harbor specific ill will toward them over the v.208. That said, I DO believe that episode has opened a lot of eyes as to SOME of the nature of what we face. When I say I support eliminating that class of esc from stock classes of racing it affects ALL the mfr's, not just Tekin. Even my beloved KO's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairy View Post
I am sure that this will not go over well but, Would you guys mind indentfiying who you are and what you affilation is,since the conversation has taken such a serious tone?

Scottrik (espically since your signature is so inflamatory)
RobK
KevinK

I don't ask Tekinprez, it is self identifiying
Sure thing, "HAIRY". My name pretty much IS Scottrik...that's what everybody (except my mom) has called me for, oh, almost forty years...since one of my cousins hung it on me when we were kids. Take a guess what my mom calls me. AND I have identified pretty much exactly where on planet Earth I can be found.

Unlike you, the THREE of us are identified by our given names AND our actual locations where you could come and race with any of us. YOU, on the other hand, show up as a troll hiding behind a handle and a vague sense of location. Then want OTHERS (who already have) to "identify" themselves.

Nice.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 01-17-2011, 09:00 AM   #10174
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Hey Bill, I don't think MOST people are attacking Tekin. I certainly don't harbor specific ill will toward them over the v.208. That said, I DO believe that episode has opened a lot of eyes as to SOME of the nature of what we face. When I say I support eliminating that class of esc from stock classes of racing it affects ALL the mfr's, not just Tekin. Even my beloved KO's.

Sure thing, "HAIRY". My name pretty much IS Scottrik...that's what everybody (except my mom) has called me for, oh, almost forty years...since one of my cousins hung it on me when we were kids. Take a guess what my mom calls me. AND I have identified pretty much exactly where on planet Earth I can be found.

Unlike you, the THREE of us are identified by our given names AND our actual locations where you could come and race with any of us. YOU, on the other hand, show up as a troll hiding behind a handle and a vague sense of location. Then want OTHERS (who already have) to "identify" themselves.

Nice.
my name is in my signature and hairy is what I have been called for over 20 yrs. Sorry that I offended you I know I am just part of the great unwashed part of society.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #10175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Unhappy

Scottrik

as I sit back & read & watch it appears different to me, and I support the 'Blinky' mode esc's in "STOCK" TC which has no venue here, sorry

I won't clutter this VTA thread any longer with my opinions,

Thankx, Bill
ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
Old 01-17-2011, 09:09 AM   #10176
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

I didn't see anyone hating on Tekin. The people discussing the shortcomings of v208 are explaining to a few thick-skulled individuals who haven't read anything here in this thread and refuse to recognize that there are issues with programmable ESCs that will ALWAYS prohibit them from being legal in a spec class.

Having said that, I will repeat what I have been saying since this ESC rule was imposed—when Tekin brings out a zero timing, small footprint, non-programmable SPEC speedo that is under $100, I'll be on the list of "early adopters."
Old 01-17-2011, 09:12 AM   #10177
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Well Mike, allow me to appologize. I hadn't noticed your name in the sig, but sure as heck there it is.

Also, looking at your sig, we've (like a LOT of folks online) got more in common than separates us. I actively race a 3.2R in 1/12 (I just like 'em) and LOVE the Tamiya Minis (desperately wish folks here would cave in and race 'em). Here's the sticking point...do you race VTA with your Xray or are you just here for the esc "debate"? I know you are active (may even have started?) the "debate" the last few days on the dedicated "wtf is ROAR doing" (I obviously summarize) thread so is that your sole impetus to be here in the VTA thread? Not that it's not 100% your right to follow any thread you choose, but let's get ALL the cards on the table while we're at it.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 01-17-2011, 09:13 AM   #10178
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

why are we still talking about 208? thats over and done with. 212 is a different story. beating a dead horse is bringing up 208.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM   #10179
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy11 View Post
why are we still talking about 208? thats over and done with. 212 is a different story. beating a dead horse is bringing up 208.
It's a dead horse other than the fact that unless you hook up EVERY Tekin-shod car to a computer, there is no way to know if a racer is still using v208 or not—that is, until they blow by you down the straights.

The reality is that because of Tekin's v208, no programmable software download will ever be trusted. This is the main reason why ESCs like the RS will never be legal in the USVTA. This has NOTHING to do with v212.

What's so hard about this to understand?
Old 01-17-2011, 09:27 AM   #10180
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Beating a dead horse is showing up on this thread and looking for answers on why you can't run any number of programmable speed controls. Beating a dead horse is asking that question and then wondering why 208 is brought up.

I don't know what to do. Everyone keeps bringing this stuff up, even though the matter is settled.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 01-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #10181
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Does anyone remember the point of this "discussion" ?? I think "pissing match" seems to be covering it. This is stupid. VTA is stable and successful. Isn't that enough !!! Let the detractors go their own way into another class if that's what they wish. The obvious majority are enjoying a good thing. I have no clue what anybody is trying to accomplish with all this. It no longer seems directed at VTA for the most part. If thats the case, make a new thread or something........It's really not amusing anymore
Old 01-17-2011, 09:38 AM   #10182
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

9 pages.......
Old 01-17-2011, 09:40 AM   #10183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squarehead View Post
It's a dead horse other than the fact that unless you hook up EVERY Tekin-shod car to a computer, there is no way to know if a racer is still using v208 or not—that is, until they blow by you down the straights.

The reality is that because of Tekin's v208, no programmable software download will ever be trusted. This is the main reason why ESCs like the RS will never be legal in the USVTA. This has NOTHING to do with v212.

What's so hard about this to understand?

I was going to answer Mr. Squareheads post, but with respect to you Rob, I won't

Keep the thread on VTA, not ROAR & TC

Thankx, Bill

ROAR member #5-120259
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
Sweep Racing Tires
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #10184
Tech Elite

Scottrik you have a p.m, it is not filled with hate or sarcasim
Old 01-17-2011, 10:17 AM   #10185
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Ok, let's change the direction of this thread...

I have it on really good information that there are THREE new VTA bodies on the way from HPI (2) and another well-known R/C body manufacturer (1) that has not yet entered the vintage class yet. I want to know what you guys think the next three new bodies will be for our beloved Vintage Trans Am, or at least, what would you most like to see next...

Closed Thread