Old 01-16-2011, 09:27 AM   #10141
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Jonesy112

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
Thats debatable too, just ask a "hobbyist"

lol trevor.

RC America - X-Ray - Team EA Motorsports - RockStar Paint - Apex RC Proshop - ProOne Tires
Old 01-16-2011, 01:18 PM   #10142
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
This right here is RCTech GOLD!!!!

Well Played NovakTwo....well Played.....
Yes it is gold. Although I think it demonstrates something completely different than you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
When I have a little more time, I plan to compose a lengthy post about the unfairness of robk not allowing either our Kinetic or Havoc Pro SC in his USVTA series. Then I will have our team drivers chime in about this wretched "unfairness."
I absolutely think that would be an excellent idea. In fact you might be obligated to defend what you are preaching now that it is not just the USVTA you are pushing it at. It would also be interesting to see if your team drivers actually do agree. Their lack of public support for your position may indicate they don’t, or they are under a gag order.

The dictatorship answer of “if you do not like it go away” is not going to satisfy the broader RC racing group. Those promoting the idea should be obligated to present their case with specific issues and concerns instead of just dancing around in a circle insulting those that will not just lay down and accept it. This may be a done deal in the USVTA but it is not over for everyone else.

I think it should be a very public debate including the promoters of the idea. If you really believe in your position and can defend it, lets hear it. Maybe we just do not understand and are missing some key point that will change our mind. I am even willing to start the debate and put myself out there with line by line issues in this hostile environment so it does not seem I am just egging anyone on.

I challenge someone official from this side to present their argument on the ROAR forum for some official debate and a dedicated thread on the topic here for all of the public to be involved. I am also willing to engage in this thread where you have all your support. Are you game?

I like the cheap shot in the next post also. Some obvious comebacks are available if we are going to be funny. I can think of a few additional names based on recent mistakes and technical problems you have suffered. This could be fun… stay tuned.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin

Last edited by Tekin Prez; 01-16-2011 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:23 PM   #10143
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs down

Take it to another thread. Most of us are tired of seeing it here.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:58 PM   #10144
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekin Prez View Post
The dictatorship answer of “if you do not like it go away” is not going to satisfy the broader RC racing group. Those promoting the idea should be obligated to present their case with specific issues and concerns instead of just dancing around in a circle insulting those that will not just lay down and accept it. This may be a done deal in the USVTA but it is not over for everyone else.

Jim Campbell
President
Tekin
The most Ironic thing on RCtech in YEARS....When will you just come out and say what really happened with V208???.....to quote you "instead of just dancing around in a circle". You claim to be the leader in ESC tech....yet you make a "mistake" that leads to you being caught with your fly down....some leader you turned out to be. Yet because of this you still do not understand why things are the way they are. Really are you just that dense or do you not care and just want to get your way?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:44 PM   #10145
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to AudioStylz

Make em STOP! MAKE EM STOP!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 04:27 PM   #10146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Somewhere in here is the Vintage Trans Am thread. can somebody help me find it ?? I seem to be stuck in this one and I'm sure I have no real interest since the VTA rules clearly spell out the currently allowed motors and esc's AND as many have reminded others.....Ain't worth talkin about cause that's the rules and we likes it that way !!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #10147
Tech Elite

USVTA: 0.030", 'cause fenders are for rubbing!
Old 01-16-2011, 06:42 PM   #10148
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioStylz View Post
Make em STOP! MAKE EM STOP!!!!
Thank you sir, may I have another?
Thank you sir, may I have another?
THANK YOU SIR, MAY I HAVE ANOTHER!?!?!?
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
Old 01-16-2011, 06:57 PM   #10149
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
USVTA: 0.030", 'cause fenders are for rubbing!
and don't forget the mandatory application of shoe-goo to protect said fenders
Old 01-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #10150
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I just find in interesting that this little single class has manufacturers fighting over a piece of the pie.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
Old 01-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #10151
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok...let me speak/type...Im going to be looking into all of this...from a outside source...and inside, to make some very strong decisions that might make me go back on my word....

so Im asking Tekin and Novak to show me(us) racers, not just USVTA...that for all purpose of mistakes and correction...that my Tekin RS on v212 and my Havok Pro are the same....In other words lets kill it all....both companies are very good at what they do...and have very, VERY loyal racers that will argue this till the end of time.....but all we will do in the end is a put distance between racers and classes for on-road that doesnt need to be there....

Tekin...show us there isnt any difference, or produce a USVTA legal esc, that your loyal Tekin racers will be proud to race in VTA...

Novak....prove the Tekin RS/Pro v212 is better performance wise against the GTB2/Havoks..ect...

and while we at it...hey Speed Passion...you aint off the hook...$50 bucks to be legal in USVTA and a warranty...show me the graph....

in short, I have no problem with the way things are..as stated before, Ive got alot of esc's...but the ultimate goal is to grow VTA....more so my goal, and everyday I see racers aguring why why why...well those are possible racers that are loyal Tekin users that either dont have the money or refuse to purchase a new esc, when the one in the car works just fine....

so my horse is dead...and Im asking Novak and Tekin to help with this situation...help us grow VTA and on-road r/c racing as a whole...

Thanks Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard....LOYAL TO VTA
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 01-16-2011, 07:16 PM   #10152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
When I have a little more time, I plan to compose a lengthy post about the unfairness of robk not allowing either our Kinetic or Havoc Pro SC in his USVTA series. Then I will have our team drivers chime in about this wretched "unfairness."

Or, maybe I will just make sure that Novak offerings for this series comply with the existing rules. We re-designed our GTB (and targeted a low "street price") specifically for various spec series, such as USVTA.

On another point: ROAR did nothing to approve the escs added to its Sportsman Division Approved ESC list; the organization simply added whatever escs the Manufacturers asked them to list.
Quote:
We could call these new guidelines:

"V208 Software Fiasco Memorial Rules"

Robk announced his 2010 rules last January; we had our USVTA store on line sometime in February---8-9 months before the series began. Therefore, all mfgs who wanted to have Rob approve escs for the upcoming 2012 season have had a year to get them into production.
Posts like this break my heart. I expect this kind of thing from the regular forum trolls and keyboard cowboys, but to see a respected member of the industry lowering himself to the level of jumping on the bandwagon of bashing Tekin publicly is sad.

I am prepared to be shouted down as just another Tekin fanboy, which I admittedly am, but I am also a longtime user and fan of Novak products, their customer service, and their USA-based company.

Novak is treading on thin ice openly mocking another manufacturer's software mistake in light of the epic, ongoing Kinetic debacle. Jim was kind not to just shoot right back, and I hope for all of our sakes it stays that way.

With the ROAR rules thread now somehow spilling over into the once-respectable USVTA thread I have such a bad taste in my mouth over the whole ordeal I don't even feel like going racing.

I spent the weekend flying instead. So therapeutic -- everyone involved in this debate should get a Super Cub and go fly for a day. You'll come back refreshed and ready to hold hands and sing Kumbayah. You can even run whatever motor you want.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:22 PM   #10153
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
ok...let me speak/type...Im going to be looking into all of this...from a outside source...and inside, to make some very strong decisions that might make me go back on my word....

so Im asking Tekin and Novak to show me(us) racers, not just USVTA...that for all purpose of mistakes and correction...that my Tekin RS on v212 and my Havok Pro are the same....In other words lets kill it all....both companies are very good at what they do...and have very, VERY loyal racers that will argue this till the end of time.....but all we will do in the end is a put distance between racers and classes for on-road that doesnt need to be there....

Tekin...show us there isnt any difference, or produce a USVTA legal esc, that your loyal Tekin racers will be proud to race in VTA...

Novak....prove the Tekin RS/Pro v212 is better performance wise against the GTB2/Havoks..ect...

and while we at it...hey Speed Passion...you aint off the hook...$50 bucks to be legal in USVTA and a warranty...show me the graph....

in short, I have no problem with the way things are..as stated before, Ive got alot of esc's...but the ultimate goal is to grow VTA....more so my goal, and everyday I see racers aguring why why why...well those are possible racers that are loyal Tekin users that either dont have the money or refuse to purchase a new esc, when the one in the car works just fine....

so my horse is dead...and Im asking Novak and Tekin to help with this situation...help us grow VTA and on-road r/c racing as a whole...

Thanks Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard....LOYAL TO VTA
ygpm
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 01-16-2011, 09:09 PM   #10154
Team Tekin

I do apologize for bringing it here and I realize it annoys many of you that are active posters. It is not about the USVTA right now. As soon as I have gathered the real issues and put them in order of importance so they can be dealt with I will be merrily on my way. Rest assured we will be back at some point with a product that will make you smile regardless of how this plays out. It is what we do.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:14 PM   #10155
Team Tekin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
The most Ironic thing on RCtech in YEARS....When will you just come out and say what really happened with V208???.....to quote you "instead of just dancing around in a circle". You claim to be the leader in ESC tech....yet you make a "mistake" that leads to you being caught with your fly down....some leader you turned out to be. Yet because of this you still do not understand why things are the way they are. Really are you just that dense or do you not care and just want to get your way?
So that is your argument for the ban is that we have not provided enough technical detail?

We at least agree 208 has caused this problem. It would have come up sooner or later anyway. Point made and we will take the blame. All we can do now is decide what to do because of it. That is the debate, lets give it a try.

Many feel this has guaranteed blinky modes will be equal now and forever. Do you not agree?
Do you not believe the system worked ?
Do you not agree the end result was acceptable to everyone?
Do you not agree all spec modes and nonboosting esc’s are equal now?
If you answer no then we debate why and the possible solutions including a ban on programable esc’s.

If do agree the system worked and everything is currently fair then what is your next point of concern?
That it will happen again?
Do you not believe we are motivate to police ourselves?

DARKSIDE – Thank you for a reasonable voice.

Exactly! We are on the same side and all want to grow racing. If a ban proves to be the best solution lets do it. I do not think we have even gone thru the process of identifying the problem before we provide the solution.

So we have concerns of equal performance.

What are the ways we can verify performance levels?
Is there any indication the performance levels are not equal currently?
Closed Thread