Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2010, 08:28 AM   #9271
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
So, how did the FDR limits work out in Nashville. Curious to find out if you experienced the same thing that we did.
nothing yet...I didnt run...I got your pm...I will pass it on to our RD
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 10-05-2010, 12:24 PM   #9272
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

my view was 4.9 21.5 seemed to slow down the fast guys and speed up the slow guys made the field closer. still no 25.5s at my track other then batboy.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:53 PM   #9273
Tech Regular

I'll be down there to race on the 17th. I'll bring my 25.5 so we can compare. I think you'll see that it's quite a bit slower when geared at 4.0. It seems happier in the 3.7 range. See you then.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:54 PM   #9274
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

cool I'm really interested in finding out numbers wise it should be right there. might get my ta car ready with my 21.5 and run it with you.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM   #9275
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side

I've got to figure out why my car is faster. WE were practicing with 21.5 novak ballistic and ss's. We had gtb, xtb, tekin rs (spec mode) lrp sphere's. Eveyone was equal except me. I was way faster.

I bought the motor used, could fixed timing adjustment account for this difference? If not should I try a different esc first or motor? Thanks
Old 10-05-2010, 04:18 PM   #9276
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

What controller were you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Side View Post
I've got to figure out why my car is faster. WE were practicing with 21.5 novak ballistic and ss's. We had gtb, xtb, tekin rs (spec mode) lrp sphere's. Eveyone was equal except me. I was way faster.

I bought the motor used, could fixed timing adjustment account for this difference? If not should I try a different esc first or motor? Thanks
Old 10-06-2010, 09:33 AM   #9277
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
What controller were you using?
Tekin RS in Spec mode. There were about 4 of them running. 2 LRP's and 4 Novak's. All equal except for me. In fact one driver had the same car esc and motor, only difference was battery. I had a 5000mah 50c. He had a 5000 35c.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:43 AM   #9278
Company Representative

Locally, can you guys run our Kinetic 2s and Havoc Pro SC in our non-timing, Sportsman mode?

Quote:
Tekin RS in Spec mode. There were about 4 of them running. 2 LRP's and 4 Novak's. All equal except for me. In fact one driver had the same car esc and motor, only difference was battery. I had a 5000mah 50c. He had a 5000 35c.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:17 AM   #9279
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Locally, can you guys run our Kinetic 2s and Havoc Pro SC in our non-timing, Sportsman mode?
Yes, if an esc has a spec mode, I will allow it.

That's what makes this speed thing an issue is when the track operator comes out with a faster car it really makes the eyebrows raise
Old 10-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #9280
Tech Regular

As a Tech Inspector, what exactly should I be looking at on the ballistic motor to make sure the timing is per the rules?
Old 10-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #9281
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to g12314 Send a message via Yahoo to g12314

Quote:
3 variables to test, so change out 1 at a time and see where the difference may be. Easiest to swap batteries with one of the other drivers first, then motor, then ESC.

If you are still faster and they are still slower then its all down to driver skill and car setup.

Jimmy
Old 10-06-2010, 11:51 AM   #9282
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
As a Tech Inspector, what exactly should I be looking at on the ballistic motor to make sure the timing is per the rules?
All of our Ballistic motors have a timing label; this label shows either "N" or "30" in the label's center---this is our factory pre-set 30 degree timing.

For complete info about Ballistic motor timing, see the link on the left of this Ballistic page:

Ballistic Spec motors
Old 10-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #9283
Company Representative

All of the PC programmable/AT escs should exhibit the same performance when the "non-timing" setting is selected.

Thanks for including our new escs in your area.

Quote:
Yes, if an esc has a spec mode, I will allow it.

That's what makes this speed thing an issue is when the track operator comes out with a faster car it really makes the eyebrows raise
Old 10-06-2010, 12:07 PM   #9284
Tech Fanatic

is there a big difference (if any)..in the ballistic 25.5 motor timing vs the ss 25.5 motor.....if both was cranked all the way up.......from what i was told is that the ballistic motor has more timing then the ss motor.....if this is the case...wouldnt this make VTA still unfair..(not a true spec class)
Old 10-06-2010, 02:21 PM   #9285
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
is there a big difference (if any)..in the ballistic 25.5 motor timing vs the ss 25.5 motor.....if both was cranked all the way up.......from what i was told is that the ballistic motor has more timing then the ss motor.....if this is the case...wouldnt this make VTA still unfair..(not a true spec class)
All of our BL motors (from the beginning) have been set here at the factory to 30 degrees (see info linked above); both the SS Pros and the Ballistics are set the same. The SS Pros were not designed to allow timing adjustments, although racers changed the factory timing anyway.

Our escs are optimized to run with our BL motors----you do not need to adjust the motor timing.
Closed Thread