R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #9196
Tech Legend
 
Cain's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: West Fargo, North Dakota
Posts: 29,527
Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)
Default

at the tracks out here that will be doing VTA, they allow any 21.5 motor, but I believe will run the limits on speed controls, as well as allowing in things like the Tekin RS but in there non-timing mode option.

I don't think they will be doing the inner body figure rule either.
__________________
Member - Red River Radio/Control Car Club
< Tekno EB48SL / SCT410.3 | Tekno EB410 x 2 | Yokomo YZ-2 DTM x 2 | LC Racing EMB-1 Buggies and Truggies >
Cain is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #9197
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,007
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
at the tracks out here that will be doing VTA, they allow any 21.5 motor, but I believe will run the limits on speed controls, as well as allowing in things like the Tekin RS but in there non-timing mode option.

I don't think they will be doing the inner body figure rule either.
for the time being, that's how we're doing it in NJ as well.

21.5 (either ballastic or SS), no boost/no timing - tekin's in v208 spec mode only

and we haven't enforced the inner body rule.......yet
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:41 AM   #9198
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
for the time being, that's how we're doing it in NJ as well.

21.5 (either ballastic or SS), no boost/no timing - tekin's in v208 spec mode only

and we haven't enforced the inner body rule.......yet
Last night, I practiced with Novak 21.5 ss, Tekin RS in v208 and FDR of 4.9 as discussed earlier. Really nice combination. Plenty of speed on our 40x80 carpet track and motor temps were hardly worth checking. I haven't had a chance to compare this to a 25.5 with 4.0 FDR, but if this is what they are like, VTA will continue to grow in popularity. Can't wait for our first race!

When you say inner body, are you talking about a driver figure? If so, we are doing the same thing.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 AM   #9199
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,007
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
When you say inner body, are you talking about a driver figure? If so, we are doing the same thing.
yup - that's what i meant
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 AM   #9200
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,586
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

If you ran a driver figure or interior, you'd make weight a lot easier...just sayin'...
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:05 PM   #9201
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 78
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I wish they still ran the 21.5s in VTA here, lots of people quit VTA and went to USGT(a variation of RCGT) with open esc and 21.5 motors. I think allowing either motor and just making FDR rules would have made the VTA class bigger.
slashman4x4 is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 08:02 PM   #9202
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 884
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashman4x4 View Post
I wish they still ran the 21.5s in VTA here, lots of people quit VTA and went to USGT(a variation of RCGT) with open esc and 21.5 motors. I think allowing either motor and just making FDR rules would have made the VTA class bigger.
i kinda agree....they should of just kept the 21.5 motor & change the esc rules as it is now.....(the spec programs)...like sportsman...........but rules are rules & i still love vta
starrx is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 09:55 PM   #9203
Tech Master
 
Victory Side's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Richfield PA
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Victory Side
Default

At our track I'm keeping the 21.5 so many guys do not have to buy motors. We already use 21.5 in our spec sct class and its nice to have a cross over if guys would want to switch from one to the other. I cant believe the interest in this class here, I am grateful to have found out about it and glad so many guys want to race it!
__________________
WWW.RICHFIELDRACEWAY.COM
"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." ~Albert Einstein
"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.'
Victory Side is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:18 PM   #9204
Tech Elite
 
hotrodchevy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,443
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrx View Post
i kinda agree....they should of just kept the 21.5 motor & change the esc rules as it is now.....(the spec programs)...like sportsman...........but rules are rules & i still love vta
I am hoping they do that around here, too. With the economy the way it is I find $90 for a motor hard to take right now. just adjust the gearibg and run the 21.5 s and 25.5s together.
hotrodchevy14 is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:24 PM   #9205
Tech Apprentice
 
flat4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 78
Send a message via Yahoo to flat4
Default

yeah I cant say I am to happy about having to get anther motor for next season. the cars are slow enough eny way. just add more weight to the cars to slow them down.

My .02 cent...flame on
__________________
mo6/ae sc10/2wd slash
flat4 is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:32 PM   #9206
Tech Master
 
kwkride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 1,114
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

While we were transitioning to the new rules over the summer we ran this FDR combination for a few weeks.
25.5 = 4.0 & 21.5 = 5.2

It worked well for us and we had some close racing.
__________________
Jim
-

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
kwkride is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #9207
Tech Elite
 
hotrodchevy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,443
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
While we were transitioning to the new rules over the summer we ran this FDR combination for a few weeks.
25.5 = 4.0 & 21.5 = 5.2

It worked well for us and we had some close racing.
Well hopefully this can be implimented around here as well.I like the vta class and it took most of the summer just to get the 21.5 i have.
hotrodchevy14 is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:02 PM   #9208
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wauconda, Illinois
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The NEW rules about switching over to the 25.5 motors were announced late last year so that everyone would have over 9 months to get the new motors and ECS if needed.
Complaining about it now is a mute point!!!
Sorry that you can't get a 25.5 at this time, but RobK gave more than enough time to comply.
You CAN use the 21.5 in the new class for the Hurricane series and racing at "THE TRACK" with an open ESC or a 17.5 with a restricted ECS.
Bob O
bob o is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:13 PM   #9209
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Wauconda, Illinois
Posts: 642
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Also about adding weight to slow them down;
The current Chicagoland Asphalt Assault VTA winner, who is also last years Hurrican series VTA winner, and the winner of the 2010 VTA nationals was using a TC5 that is 8 grams over the NEW WEIGHT regulation. So I am not buying into the more weight = slower car concept. We found that the car handled BETTER with the additional weight.
Bob O
bob o is offline  
Old 09-24-2010, 01:26 PM   #9210
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,586
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob o View Post
Also about adding weight to slow them down;
The current Chicagoland Asphalt Assault VTA winner, who is also last years Hurrican series VTA winner, and the winner of the 2010 VTA nationals was using a TC5 that is 8 grams over the NEW WEIGHT regulation. So I am not buying into the more weight = slower car concept. We found that the car handled BETTER with the additional weight.
Bob O

Bob is correct. When evaluating the new rules, I kept putting weight on the cars and they got better.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:59 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net