R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-16-2010, 09:51 AM   #9181
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,581
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Are these racers concerned about buying a 25.5T motor; we allow customers returning 21.5s to replace them with 25.5s for 46.00. You can also upgrade a SS Pro 21.5 to a Ballistic 25.5, which may be a better solution for racers wanting to compete in spec events requiring different winds (by installing the other stator.)

All of our BL escs are designed for optimum performance with the 30 degree factory timing in our motors. All of the BL motors that we have (ever) made have been set at this 30 degree timing mark; we do not recommend changing it. Once changed, there is no way for a user to re-set it to 30 degrees---it would have to be returned to us. Replacing a rotor or wound stator also changes the factory timing slightly.
If we could only swap our SS21.5s for Ballistic 25.5s at that $46 price! Good info on the leaving the timing at factory settings.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:06 PM   #9182
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I'm hoping that this is not a problem at my track. I'm making it a FDR rule for both motors with the understanding that the 21.5 would be slightly slower then the 25.5

21.5 kv rating 1800 25.5 kv rating 1550

tire dia PI fdr kv volts avg " per minute " hour " per ' ' per mile MPH
2.6 x 3.141592 / 4.8 / 1800 x 8 = 24504.4176 x 60 / 12 / 5280 = 23.20494
2.6 x 3.141592 / 4.0 / 1500 x 8 = 24504.4176 x 60 / 12 / 5280 = 23.20494


so if you make the 21.5 4.9 fdr then they should be slower for the class and give the new tech the advantage. people need to have the understanding that this allows them to run without having to buy new equipment and still allows those that play by the new rules to have the slight advantage.
Anyone want to take a swing at an FDR for a 27 turn brushed motor to match the 21.5 and 25.5 motors geared as outlined above?
woodys3b is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 05:22 PM   #9183
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

whats more popular 21.5 or the new 25.5
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 06:37 PM   #9184
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 272
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

well being that it's past Sept 1 the 25.5 motor.
__________________
J. Barton
Associated B5M
Associated RC8B3E
smokefan is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #9185
Tech Apprentice
 
flat4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Dayton Ohio
Posts: 78
Send a message via Yahoo to flat4
Default

some of us are still using the 21.5 untill the out door season is over. Yes I am buying a slower motor for next season..
__________________
mo6/ae sc10/2wd slash
flat4 is offline  
Old 09-16-2010, 08:17 PM   #9186
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
Anyone want to take a swing at an FDR for a 27 turn brushed motor to match the 21.5 and 25.5 motors geared as outlined above?
one of the guys that came up with the had it figured at 7.95 when the 21.5 was 4.2 but with 27t motors you have difference in a rpm vs torque blank. like the roar stock has more rpm and the co27 has more torque just figure out how many rpm it turns at 8 volts and back track that in the equation. it's harder to find that happy medium in that range of the design being brushed as a real good prepped 27t will beat a 17.5 with no speedo timing. I would say start in the 9.0fdr yes way the fit up there. and that should be about right.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline  
Old 09-17-2010, 05:40 AM   #9187
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
one of the guys that came up with the had it figured at 7.95 when the 21.5 was 4.2 but with 27t motors you have difference in a rpm vs torque blank. like the roar stock has more rpm and the co27 has more torque just figure out how many rpm it turns at 8 volts and back track that in the equation. it's harder to find that happy medium in that range of the design being brushed as a real good prepped 27t will beat a 17.5 with no speedo timing. I would say start in the 9.0fdr yes way the fit up there. and that should be about right.
Ok, thanks.

Has anyone actually tested a 21.5 against a 25.5 with the recommended FRD's? I ran VTA last year with a 21.5. We allowed timing but no boost. I was using 30 degrees of timing and was geared at about 5.1. I was surprised to see that with no timing, I need to gear it up to 4.9 to equal a 25.5 at 4.0. If this holds true, the 25.5 should be faster than I thought it would be as I thought my 21.5 at 5.1 was pretty quick.

We have adopted these rules for this season.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 09-19-2010, 11:08 AM   #9188
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,568
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 3rd Annual Music City Championsip - Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010

START YOUR CHARGERS!!!!!...time to get that last minute preparations together for one of the largest VTA(with TC/RCGT) races for the last 2 years..the 3rd Annual Music City Championsip - Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010 (MCC#3)...

We are very hyped about this years race with a change in the race format and all the new local on-road racers coming to this event. I believe we have a chance at beating last year and year before entries by a good margin.

Here is the short of the event:

Race is next Sunday Sept 26th
Track and pits open at 8am
Registration between 9-10am
Paint contest at 10:30am
Drivers meeting at 10:45am
Race #1 at 11am

Best 5 out of 6 scoring

BBQ and drinks for all paid entries
Entry fee is still just $15....bring the Family and get lunch for $5 per person
Trophies 1st-10th in each class

Local and National sponsors are giving away prizes.

The BEST trophys anywhere.

Im looking forward to seeing alot of support from my local VTA and TC racers as well as some of the out of town guys Ive raced with over the last couple of years.

Also I would like to thank Tim Moore for putting this event together for the 3rd year as well as all the other things here does for our r/c family.

Thanks Tim

you can see the trophies and pics from last year here...

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009090301/
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 11:13 AM   #9189
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

If you want to condense this, I can post it on Facebook; if you already "like" TeamNovak, you could post it on our FB page yourself.....

TeamNovak Facebook

On Sept 8th, I posted other upcoming USVTA races.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
START YOUR CHARGERS!!!!!...time to get that last minute preparations together for one of the largest VTA(with TC/RCGT) races for the last 2 years..the 3rd Annual Music City Championsip - Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010 (MCC#3)...

We are very hyped about this years race with a change in the race format and all the new local on-road racers coming to this event. I believe we have a chance at beating last year and year before entries by a good margin.

Here is the short of the event:

Race is next Sunday Sept 26th
Track and pits open at 8am
Registration between 9-10am
Paint contest at 10:30am
Drivers meeting at 10:45am
Race #1 at 11am

Best 5 out of 6 scoring

BBQ and drinks for all paid entries
Entry fee is still just $15....bring the Family and get lunch for $5 per person
Trophies 1st-10th in each class

Local and National sponsors are giving away prizes.

The BEST trophys anywhere.

Im looking forward to seeing alot of support from my local VTA and TC racers as well as some of the out of town guys Ive raced with over the last couple of years.

Also I would like to thank Tim Moore for putting this event together for the 3rd year as well as all the other things here does for our r/c family.

Thanks Tim

you can see the trophies and pics from last year here...

http://www.hpiracing.com/news/2009090301/
NovakTwo is offline  
Old 09-20-2010, 12:37 PM   #9190
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default

We have re-linked our USVTA page to our TeamNovak home page for those who may not have seen it earlier this year when we designed the program:

TeamNovak and US Vintage Trans-Am

We also placed the dealer information in a box on the left so that it is easier to locate.
NovakTwo is offline  
Old 09-22-2010, 11:05 PM   #9191
Tech Regular
 
revo523's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NOLA!
Posts: 466
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
A few pages back someone asked about FDR with a TC3. Under the current rules, the easiest way to get max FDR of 4.2 using a TC3 or TC4 is to go with an 84 spur & 50 pinion.

84/50 (1.68) x 2.5 (Gearbox ratio of TC3/TC4) = 4.2 FDR

You will have to dremel out the area below the pinion on the TC3 tub chassis if you want to use a pinion larger than 47.
Is this 48 or 64 pitch?
__________________
Xray T2 009 EU Tekin RS PRO Novak 13.5 SMC 5200
Team Magic G4JS O.S.12 skyline 12plus
Spektrum DX3S

What came first the chicken or the egg?
revo523 is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:15 AM   #9192
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Weight.

I'm using a Tamiya TA-05 v2. It has some bits on it to reduce weight but it's still a bathtub chassis that's built like a tank. The only carbon fiber part on it is the rear shock tower. I put it on the scale at the track last night and it was way lighter than the 1550 limit. With a 4200ma lipo, I was around 1420mg. If I'm this much below the limit, I can only imagine what the carbon fiber chassis cars will be. I noticed that ROAR publishes rules for VTA and their weight limit is 1450. I'm thinking that as much as I hate to stray from the USVTA rules, that we will go with the ROAR limit at our track. I'd like to know what others are doing at their track.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 05:21 AM   #9193
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,008
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
I'm using a Tamiya TA-05 v2. It has some bits on it to reduce weight but it's still a bathtub chassis that's built like a tank. The only carbon fiber part on it is the rear shock tower. I put it on the scale at the track last night and it was way lighter than the 1550 limit. With a 4200ma lipo, I was around 1420mg. If I'm this much below the limit, I can only imagine what the carbon fiber chassis cars will be. I noticed that ROAR publishes rules for VTA and their weight limit is 1450. I'm thinking that as much as I hate to stray from the USVTA rules, that we will go with the ROAR limit at our track. I'd like to know what others are doing at their track.
i know we just add weight to the cars to make them legal...

go back to all the stock parts on your TA05 and see how close you are - also, a 5000 pack will put you a littl more closer as wel
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 06:05 AM   #9194
Tech Master
 
RC-ProSpeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 1,066
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo523 View Post
Is this 48 or 64 pitch?

64 pitch... You cN try with the 81 / 50 and 81/53 from Robinson Racing

You will need to cut the webbing in the chassis right below the pinion.
__________________
RCRNV (www.rcrnv.com) / *Keep On-Road alive!*
- Nitro Touring - Kyosho EVO 2 WC
- Electric - TC6 (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
- F1 - F103RM (Out of the Box! No upgrades needed)
RC-ProSpeed is offline  
Old 09-23-2010, 07:51 AM   #9195
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,581
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
I'm using a Tamiya TA-05 v2. It has some bits on it to reduce weight but it's still a bathtub chassis that's built like a tank. The only carbon fiber part on it is the rear shock tower. I put it on the scale at the track last night and it was way lighter than the 1550 limit. With a 4200ma lipo, I was around 1420mg. If I'm this much below the limit, I can only imagine what the carbon fiber chassis cars will be. I noticed that ROAR publishes rules for VTA and their weight limit is 1450. I'm thinking that as much as I hate to stray from the USVTA rules, that we will go with the ROAR limit at our track. I'd like to know what others are doing at their track.
EVERYONE is using USVTA Rules!
Keep in mind, ROAR comes second for this class. As a governing body for RC racing, they added the class to their rules set. USVTA rules existed before this adoption. ROAR will not spec a motor or ESC either as that shows brand favoritism, which they as a governing body can not do. The ROAR rules are updated too slowly and have not taken into account this years VTA rules changes. Stick with the current series rules.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:12 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net