Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing >

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Old 08-20-2010, 11:36 AM
  #9061  
Tech Master
iTrader: (12)
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,022
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

As of yet, i don't think so.

But once people see the speed and peformance with a no-boost ESC they might start replacing Silver Cans as the spec motor of choice.

If that's the case, stock up on your tiny spurs and large pinions now.
pejota is offline  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:17 PM
  #9062  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Camaro, Mustang bodies

The only place that had some Pegasus Camaro and Mustang bodies left was a place in South East Wisconsin I think it was Franklin Wisconsin. I found it on the web, If I remember they where on sale for 16.99. Pegasus bodies was bought out by some one. I hope this helps.
super lates is offline  
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 PM
  #9063  
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 898
Default

Originally Posted by pejota
As of yet, i don't think so.

But once people see the speed and peformance with a no-boost ESC they might start replacing Silver Cans as the spec motor of choice.

If that's the case, stock up on your tiny spurs and large pinions now.
i wish it happends sooner then later...i dont race any silvercan motor classes..cause of the magic ppl put in them...but if they went with a spec brushless motor(25.5) to replace the silvercan that would be awsome
starrx is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:46 AM
  #9064  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by super lates
The only place that had some Pegasus Camaro and Mustang bodies left was a place in South East Wisconsin I think it was Franklin Wisconsin. I found it on the web, If I remember they where on sale for 16.99. Pegasus bodies was bought out by some one. I hope this helps.
RC Slots?
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 09:48 AM
  #9065  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (17)
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,919
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Cain
Are the 25.5 motors popular for other types of RC? I see that Trinity has a new Duo3 coming in a 25.5 but says for crawler. Out here, they don't limit motor brand, at least, they didn't last year and I doubt they will this year, and the duo 1 was quite popular.
Brand for TA has always been Novak, last year the Ballistic was added.
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 10:02 AM
  #9066  
MD
Tech Champion
iTrader: (136)
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 5,723
Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)
Default

A Main Hobbies has the Pegasus bodies in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...gasus&x=10&y=2
MD is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 03:17 PM
  #9067  
2xs
Tech Adept
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Where is everyone getting the driver figures? Tower just discontinued the associated one and I am having a hard time finding a source for the Mcalliser drivers.
2xs is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 03:27 PM
  #9068  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
dodgeboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 1,175
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2xs
Where is everyone getting the driver figures? Tower just discontinued the associated one and I am having a hard time finding a source for the Mcalliser drivers.
order them directly
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page13.html
dodgeboy is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 06:59 PM
  #9069  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,625
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
Brand for TA has always been Novak, last year the Ballistic was added.
i think he is talking about his local race program...
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 08-22-2010, 04:28 AM
  #9070  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MD
A Main Hobbies has the Pegasus bodies in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...gasus&x=10&y=2
Thanks!

Just ordered a 70ss. Good price on the lid but shipping is outrageous!
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 04:01 PM
  #9071  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by woodys3b
Thanks!

Just ordered a 70ss. Good price on the lid but shipping is outrageous!
The lids just are that cheap. They have to be to compete with the HPI shells. Which they dont. The HPI shell at $24-28 a pop is a better value. I just wish HPI made the body styles that Pegasus has available.
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 03:53 AM
  #9072  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 25.5 vs Tamiya Silver Can?

If any of you guys that have been running the new 25.5 also have experience with Silver Can motors, could you please compare the two? I would love to get our two Silver Can classes converted over to brushless sometime in the future. I don't want the cars to be faster, just more consistent. Please try to compare to the average guy running an average Silver Can. Our Silver Can classes are Tamiya M chassis cars and Tamiya TT-01.

Thanks
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:12 AM
  #9073  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (30)
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,021
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by woodys3b
If any of you guys that have been running the new 25.5 also have experience with Silver Can motors, could you please compare the two? I would love to get our two Silver Can classes converted over to brushless sometime in the future. I don't want the cars to be faster, just more consistent. Please try to compare to the average guy running an average Silver Can. Our Silver Can classes are Tamiya M chassis cars and Tamiya TT-01.

Thanks
Sadly, you're talking about 2 classes that are normally run according to TCS rules - and the majority of guys are hesitant to run those classes outside how you'd run them at a Tamiya race

Probably once Tamiya and the TCS switch those classes to BL, they might actually change . Normally those are advertised as spec or beginner classes and there's no easier way to get a 'beginner' into racing then telling them that the motor and speedo that comes with the kit they bought works - so zero added expense to get someone out racing. It's also a great way to get guys interested in running another class when you tell them they don't need to drop a few hundred on a speedo/motor combination plus the new kit
For racing
k_bojar is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:09 AM
  #9074  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 291
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by k_bojar
Sadly, you're talking about 2 classes that are normally run according to TCS rules - and the majority of guys are hesitant to run those classes outside how you'd run them at a Tamiya race

Probably once Tamiya and the TCS switch those classes to BL, they might actually change . Normally those are advertised as spec or beginner classes and there's no easier way to get a 'beginner' into racing then telling them that the motor and speedo that comes with the kit they bought works - so zero added expense to get someone out racing. It's also a great way to get guys interested in running another class when you tell them they don't need to drop a few hundred on a speedo/motor combination plus the new kit
For racing
I suppose.....

But we don't do TCS. Most of the guys at our track have no idea what TCS is. While I agree that it's hard to tell a beginner that he needs to trash a motor/speedo that comes with the kit, it's equally hard telling an experienced guy that he needs to continue to invest money in obsolete technology. I don't think of these classes as beginner classes. I think of them as spec classes that are a good place for a beginner to start. Just like VTA. If the motors in question are close enough, we could allow both to run together. That way a beginner could use the OEM electronics while his skills improve and upgrade to a BL system as needed or as he can afford it. The experienced racers will want to run BL right away because of the obvious advantages.

Recently, my son and I tested our TA-05s on the track together. They were very similar except that he was running a Tamiya Black Can motor and I was running a 21.5 with no boost or timing. We were both amazed at how close they were. If the 25.5 system is as close to the silver can as a 21.5 is to a black can, they could easily be thrown on the track together. This is what I'm trying to find out without going out and buying a 25.5 system to see for myself.

Sorry if this isn't VTA specific. I posted here because I know some of you guys have some pretty good experience by now with the new 25.5.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:59 AM
  #9075  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 9,625
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

when I went to a race in Huntsville,AL...they ran a combo of silver/black can and 21.5...they were close...the silver was a little slower...so I think that would be very close with the 25.5...imo
DARKSIDE is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.