R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-20-2010, 12:36 PM   #9061
Tech Master
 
pejota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Vero Beach, FL
Posts: 1,022
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

As of yet, i don't think so.

But once people see the speed and peformance with a no-boost ESC they might start replacing Silver Cans as the spec motor of choice.

If that's the case, stock up on your tiny spurs and large pinions now.
pejota is offline  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #9062
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 276
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Camaro, Mustang bodies

The only place that had some Pegasus Camaro and Mustang bodies left was a place in South East Wisconsin I think it was Franklin Wisconsin. I found it on the web, If I remember they where on sale for 16.99. Pegasus bodies was bought out by some one. I hope this helps.
super lates is offline  
Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #9063
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: columbus oh
Posts: 887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
As of yet, i don't think so.

But once people see the speed and peformance with a no-boost ESC they might start replacing Silver Cans as the spec motor of choice.

If that's the case, stock up on your tiny spurs and large pinions now.
i wish it happends sooner then later...i dont race any silvercan motor classes..cause of the magic ppl put in them...but if they went with a spec brushless motor(25.5) to replace the silvercan that would be awsome
starrx is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #9064
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by super lates View Post
The only place that had some Pegasus Camaro and Mustang bodies left was a place in South East Wisconsin I think it was Franklin Wisconsin. I found it on the web, If I remember they where on sale for 16.99. Pegasus bodies was bought out by some one. I hope this helps.
RC Slots?
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 AM   #9065
Tech Champion
 
liljohn1064's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Deerfield, WI
Posts: 5,582
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Are the 25.5 motors popular for other types of RC? I see that Trinity has a new Duo3 coming in a 25.5 but says for crawler. Out here, they don't limit motor brand, at least, they didn't last year and I doubt they will this year, and the duo 1 was quite popular.
Brand for TA has always been Novak, last year the Ballistic was added.
__________________
John Higgins former student of The Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driving School. The "Team Principal".
liljohn1064 is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 11:02 AM   #9066
MD
Tech Elite
 
MD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,943
Trader Rating: 119 (100%+)
Default

A Main Hobbies has the Pegasus bodies in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...gasus&x=10&y=2
MD is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 04:17 PM   #9067
2xs
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 198
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Where is everyone getting the driver figures? Tower just discontinued the associated one and I am having a hard time finding a source for the Mcalliser drivers.
2xs is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 04:27 PM   #9068
Tech Master
 
dodgeboy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: nj
Posts: 1,174
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to dodgeboy Send a message via Yahoo to dodgeboy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
Where is everyone getting the driver figures? Tower just discontinued the associated one and I am having a hard time finding a source for the Mcalliser drivers.
order them directly
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page13.html
__________________
http://www.bodiesbybean.com/gallery.cfm?partyid=30
Email [email protected]
www.sixfoottiger.com race team
Pm or email for info
dodgeboy is offline  
Old 08-21-2010, 07:59 PM   #9069
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Brand for TA has always been Novak, last year the Ballistic was added.
i think he is talking about his local race program...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 08-22-2010, 05:28 AM   #9070
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD View Post
A Main Hobbies has the Pegasus bodies in stock.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...gasus&x=10&y=2
Thanks!

Just ordered a 70ss. Good price on the lid but shipping is outrageous!
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-23-2010, 05:01 PM   #9071
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
Thanks!

Just ordered a 70ss. Good price on the lid but shipping is outrageous!
The lids just are that cheap. They have to be to compete with the HPI shells. Which they dont. The HPI shell at $24-28 a pop is a better value. I just wish HPI made the body styles that Pegasus has available.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #9072
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 25.5 vs Tamiya Silver Can?

If any of you guys that have been running the new 25.5 also have experience with Silver Can motors, could you please compare the two? I would love to get our two Silver Can classes converted over to brushless sometime in the future. I don't want the cars to be faster, just more consistent. Please try to compare to the average guy running an average Silver Can. Our Silver Can classes are Tamiya M chassis cars and Tamiya TT-01.

Thanks
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 05:12 AM   #9073
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodys3b View Post
If any of you guys that have been running the new 25.5 also have experience with Silver Can motors, could you please compare the two? I would love to get our two Silver Can classes converted over to brushless sometime in the future. I don't want the cars to be faster, just more consistent. Please try to compare to the average guy running an average Silver Can. Our Silver Can classes are Tamiya M chassis cars and Tamiya TT-01.

Thanks
Sadly, you're talking about 2 classes that are normally run according to TCS rules - and the majority of guys are hesitant to run those classes outside how you'd run them at a Tamiya race

Probably once Tamiya and the TCS switch those classes to BL, they might actually change . Normally those are advertised as spec or beginner classes and there's no easier way to get a 'beginner' into racing then telling them that the motor and speedo that comes with the kit they bought works - so zero added expense to get someone out racing. It's also a great way to get guys interested in running another class when you tell them they don't need to drop a few hundred on a speedo/motor combination plus the new kit
For racing
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #9074
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 289
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
Sadly, you're talking about 2 classes that are normally run according to TCS rules - and the majority of guys are hesitant to run those classes outside how you'd run them at a Tamiya race

Probably once Tamiya and the TCS switch those classes to BL, they might actually change . Normally those are advertised as spec or beginner classes and there's no easier way to get a 'beginner' into racing then telling them that the motor and speedo that comes with the kit they bought works - so zero added expense to get someone out racing. It's also a great way to get guys interested in running another class when you tell them they don't need to drop a few hundred on a speedo/motor combination plus the new kit
For racing
I suppose.....

But we don't do TCS. Most of the guys at our track have no idea what TCS is. While I agree that it's hard to tell a beginner that he needs to trash a motor/speedo that comes with the kit, it's equally hard telling an experienced guy that he needs to continue to invest money in obsolete technology. I don't think of these classes as beginner classes. I think of them as spec classes that are a good place for a beginner to start. Just like VTA. If the motors in question are close enough, we could allow both to run together. That way a beginner could use the OEM electronics while his skills improve and upgrade to a BL system as needed or as he can afford it. The experienced racers will want to run BL right away because of the obvious advantages.

Recently, my son and I tested our TA-05s on the track together. They were very similar except that he was running a Tamiya Black Can motor and I was running a 21.5 with no boost or timing. We were both amazed at how close they were. If the 25.5 system is as close to the silver can as a 21.5 is to a black can, they could easily be thrown on the track together. This is what I'm trying to find out without going out and buying a 25.5 system to see for myself.

Sorry if this isn't VTA specific. I posted here because I know some of you guys have some pretty good experience by now with the new 25.5.
woodys3b is offline  
Old 08-26-2010, 07:59 AM   #9075
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

when I went to a race in Huntsville,AL...they ran a combo of silver/black can and 21.5...they were close...the silver was a little slower...so I think that would be very close with the 25.5...imo
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:23 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net