R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #8506
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
There are no plans for another trophy race this year however on the northside of Indy they are running outdoor(parkinglot) racing all summer It gets a pretty good following plus if you wanted to make a weekend of it we are going to run at the big rug on friday nights thru out the summer and that way you would have saturday to take a look around town and then the parking lot races are on sundays....

I'm pretty sure Cordell will be having a couple trophy races at Hobbytown.
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline  
Old 04-14-2010, 06:52 PM   #8507
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 05:08 AM   #8508
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

hey rob - is there a reason why the newer tread pattern'ed HPI vintage slicks aren't legal?

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102994/

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102993/

i'm asking because I have one person at my track is asking me for a 'technical' reason why they aren't allowed since the are the same compound per HPI, just different tread patterns

thanks!
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 05:21 AM   #8509
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,573
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
There are no plans for another trophy race this year however on the northside of Indy they are running outdoor(parkinglot) racing all summer It gets a pretty good following plus if you wanted to make a weekend of it we are going to run at the big rug on friday nights thru out the summer and that way you would have saturday to take a look around town and then the parking lot races are on sundays....
sounds good..thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
I'm pretty sure Cordell will be having a couple trophy races at Hobbytown.
sounds just as good...keep us informed

also on the tires...I ran a set for testing Sunday and it didnt make much difference on the carpet...the set I have, the side wall is a little stiffer, but the car was slower in my lap times....I dont think its worth the hassel of having another thing to deal with...the tires we run now have worked for years...the performace tires will only add another "dang it" to the class...imo
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 09:05 AM   #8510
Tech Regular
 
xevias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Shanghai, PRC
Posts: 348
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Dang it Rob - If I knew you were going to posterize me I would have grown a moustache.
xevias is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 PM   #8511
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xevias View Post
Dang it Rob - If I knew you were going to posterize me I would have grown a moustache.
Rollie Fingers has that covered....
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:28 PM   #8512
Tech Champion
 
Scottrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 6,212
Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
Rollie Fingers has that covered....
And the Techno-Viking's 'stache has a FEW people covered!!
__________________
Congressmen should wear uniforms like NASCAR drivers so we can identify their corporate sponsors.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Scottrik is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:38 PM   #8513
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,587
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
hey rob - is there a reason why the newer tread pattern'ed HPI vintage slicks aren't legal?

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102994/

http://www.hpiracing.com/products/en/102993/

i'm asking because I have one person at my track is asking me for a 'technical' reason why they aren't allowed since the are the same compound per HPI, just different tread patterns

thanks!
Technically, i don't want to mess up a good thing

The thing is, the tire works now, and there is no need to confuse anyone, or put the FUD principle into play. If the guy who puts these things on his car happens to do well, now everybody at the track is going to rush out and buy them, even if he would have done well with banana peels on his rims...

From what i can tell, the tread is also shallower, which would mean they will go bald faster. This may not matter to everyone, but some races I have been at also require there to be tread remaining on the tire, which makes these shorter life tires for some.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #8514
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

about the same reponse at my track that I tell anyone that wants to get a 21.5 other then novak. I don't want the hassle of making things confussing. just get a novak and get over it.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #8515
Tech Elite
 
hotrodchevy14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,448
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

so after september can i still use a gtb? or is the havok all that will be "legal"?
hotrodchevy14 is offline  
Old 04-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #8516
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

The GTB and the Havok are pretty much the same thing. But the Tekin RS and hot speedos like that will no longer be in play.
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 04-16-2010, 03:38 AM   #8517
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 96
Default

This really gripes me. " Can you give me the technical reason I can' run _____" There is always some clowns that can't stand to be limited by rules. They always want that secret edge. A track has to have some gonads and draw the line in the sand. Here is the specs-Now deal with it.

Just like the short course truck wars going on now. I commend a local track taking the stand.
No this is a Traxxas stock slash class period. I got 40 guys that bought Traxxas and it is not fair to them to allow other trucks. I can't help it you went an bought a different brand..............Find a different track........I have read some tracks are perfectly happy with 21.5 VTA and won't make the switch to 25.5. I am fine with that. I know my local track is wanting to host a national race and will require the motor change.
speedster1919 is offline  
Old 04-16-2010, 03:53 AM   #8518
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 96
Default

This really gripes me. " Can you give me the technical reason I can' run _____" There is always some clowns that can't stand to be limited by rules. They always want that secret edge. A track has to have some gonads and draw the line in the sand. Here is the specs-Now deal with it.

Just like the short course truck wars going on now. I commend a local track taking the stand.
No this is a Traxxas stock slash class period. I got 40 guys that bought Traxxas and it is not fair to them to allow other trucks. I can't help it you went an bought a different brand..............Find a different track........I have read some tracks are perfectly happy with 21.5 VTA and won't make the switch to 25.5. I am fine with that. I know my local track is wanting to host a national race and will require the motor change.
speedster1919 is offline  
Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #8519
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Technically, i don't want to mess up a good thing

The thing is, the tire works now, and there is no need to confuse anyone, or put the FUD principle into play. If the guy who puts these things on his car happens to do well, now everybody at the track is going to rush out and buy them, even if he would have done well with banana peels on his rims...

From what i can tell, the tread is also shallower, which would mean they will go bald faster. This may not matter to everyone, but some races I have been at also require there to be tread remaining on the tire, which makes these shorter life tires for some.
works for me

that's interesting you say about the tread wearing out quick-ish...I believe HPI says they are a longer lasting compound

either way, I figure there's a logical reason why they aren't 'legal' in the big realm of things
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #8520
Tech Champion
 
k_bojar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster1919 View Post
This really gripes me. " Can you give me the technical reason I can' run _____" There is always some clowns that can't stand to be limited by rules. They always want that secret edge. A track has to have some gonads and draw the line in the sand. Here is the specs-Now deal with it.
couldn't agree with you more We took a stand and knocked out timing/boost for this season and it couldn't have made racing better...

i've had to take a stand on motors (why just the novak), bodies, gearing, and now the silly question about the tires...

sticking to a set of rules will only make the track/racing program stronger

the one think we aren't doing in September is the switch to the 25.5 rules - maybe after christmas or after indoor season, just because of the cost factor for most of the guys that only run 1 electric class (VTA) and have no interest in running other electric TC classes and recently bought the tekin speedo....but we'll have a discussion at the end of outdoor and see where we wanna go
__________________
Bodies By Bean | Team Belly
k_bojar is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:06 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net