Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
....and the racing will be closer.
hmmm good point kinda like what NASCAR did with the restrictor plates this year
Old 02-10-2010, 01:41 PM   #8133
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
You need to talk corporate into releasing a Sprint2, with a VTA legal body and wheels. No electronics. Just a roller. The VTA starter kit.
Genius!! just what i needed but what if some people (newbies) want a inexpensive way to get into VTA then how about an RTR with a 27-turn motor
Old 02-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #8134
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
That's a paper decal.... the final body will have decal option and light buckets front and rear.

And yes we will continue to produce the 1 piece Camaro, it's a 68.
Andy, Will the 2010 Camaro body come with some sort of optional wing? It is by far the best looking body I've seen yet, but it looks like it might need a wing for better downforce, especially if your running it in RCGT. Am I right?
Old 02-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #8135
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

BTW, I found an interesting discovery today on the Historic Trans Am. Funny coincidence, really. Check the sponsor on the third place finisher, Tony DeLorenzo on page 2, Winner Milt Minter on page 6, and there may be others.

http://www.historictransam.com/results/1972.pdf

also an interesting eBay find:

photo
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
Old 02-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #8136
Tech Adept

That is weird good catch but what does it mean Team Associated is not that old hmmmm
Old 02-10-2010, 04:20 PM   #8137
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHARLIE BROWN View Post
I don't see it either my adobe is bad or something but i don't see it
gotta look at the column that shows all the sponsors both the guys mentioned had a "team assoc. camero" listed
Old 02-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #8138
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtremehybridxx View Post
Andy, Will the 2010 Camaro body come with some sort of optional wing? It is by far the best looking body I've seen yet, but it looks like it might need a wing for better downforce, especially if your running it in RCGT. Am I right?
Especially if a camaro (mine) looks like thishttp://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtribolet/4326806142/
Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 PM   #8139
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_bojar View Post
gotta look at the column that shows all the sponsors both the guys mentioned had a "team assoc. camero" listed
hmmmmm nah it couldn't mean.. well it might gotta look into that thanx
Old 02-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #8140
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Wasn't there 2 (or more) classes within TA at that time and up until it's end?? I don't think the Porsche or Pantera ran in the same class as the mustangs and such. I think this discussion has come up before though. The idea of running 2 different "classes" of TA together. Maybe Cup Racers and existing VTA cars. Not a good idea in my mind and I'd choose the current program long before muddying the waters with another distraction. Lets head toward the new rules and keep things running smooth. Keep in mind that Andy has already stated another VTA body is in the works.
In the EARLY days of Trans Am they ran O2 and U2 classes (over 2-litre and under 2-litre) out on the track at the same time. In fact a U2 car won the very first TransAm race ever (an Alfa GTV driven by Jochen Rindt, 1970 F-1 World Champion). The early 911's were great cars for the U2 class with their (then) 2-litre flat six engines.

Somewhat later ('71-'72 for sure, maybe '70 as well) they ran "Trans Am" and the "Trans Am 2.5 Challenge) for cars under 2.5 litres. I believe they mandated 4-cylinder engines (to keep the 911's with their vestigal "rear seat" out) and the 2.5 litre max allowed Pintos and Vegas (not that they were run much). In this era the small cars ran in a separate race from the "big" cars.

By the end of '72 it was pretty clear that the original concept for Trans Am had pretty much collapsed under it's own mass (along with the pony car market and the economy in general) so the series was re-tooled to include cars that also raced in FIA Gp. 4 (where the Pantera came from) and in the then new IMSA series. In came the 2-seat cars like Corvette, etc. By this time the Mustang was pretty much out of it although I know Charlie Kemper had a pretty hotted up Mustang II in IMSA and may have gone TA with it too. IMSA created the US GT class to get some competition for the Porsches which saw the genesis of the mega-Monzas, etc.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 02-10-2010, 04:43 PM   #8141
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
Actually....unfortunately the ones on the large decal sheet is incorrect (incorrect fit for the body). So please use the one's on the smaller attached sheet. We have since corrected the sheets for future productions.

Also..FYI if you or anyone else needs extra HPI Vintage Body Decal sheets (for extra sponsors etc) let me know at [email protected].

I did most of the 1/10 scale vintage body decals (except the Camaro...)

We also have this extra sheet that we've included with some of the Nitro 3 kits, it has extra sponsors and race numbers:

Thanks,

AH
If anybody knows how to get these decals please pm me
Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM   #8142
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
That is weird good catch but what does it mean Team Associated is not that old hmmmm
Team Associated (and Parma, and Trinity, and...) date back to the '60's as Gene Hustings and the folks who started those other companies were part of the slot car boom in the mid-60's. Associated has been around a LONG time.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #8143
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtremehybridxx View Post
Clear body will come with a plastic GT wing.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:07 PM   #8144
Tech Adept

ok but will it also come with sponsor decals
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 PM   #8145
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Quote:
ok but will it also come with sponsor decals
The livery for the clear body 2010 is still undecided. We should probably move the 2010 stuff to the RCGT thread and keep it Vintage here.
Closed Thread