R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #8086
Tech Addict
 
Sohlman113's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Long Island
Posts: 662
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I like the new camaro and the 69 of course. But I think the rules should eventually allow the pantera. I think it would add a lot more variety if you could increase the year to say 75 I think that would be a good cut off. Other than that I think the rules are awesome. No boost and timing advance was definitely a good decision, I hope RCGT will do the same.
__________________
Jonathan Sohl aka Chicken Little
SMC-Racing/PT Racing Oils/TQ Racing Wire/
Sohlman113 is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #8087
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Then again, we already had 3 Camaros available to us too...one of which is a '69. No doubt HPI's '69 is WAY nicer than the Parma, but for the same effort in tooling they could have had a Firebird. So now we have (count 'em) FOUR Camaros, three Mustangs, and two Baracudas. No Ramblers, though there's a guy in Seattle that has a Camaro painted up like the Penske Javelins and it looks pretty convincing out on the track. No Cougars, no Challengers, no...
Is HPI going to continue to produce the one piece shell currently used in VTA and what year does that shell represent? Or does the 69 Z28 replace the shell currently available? Where did AndyH go?
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:10 PM   #8088
Tech Fanatic
 
andyh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 856
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Is that a bucket for the light or is it a decal?
That's a paper decal.... the final body will have decal option and light buckets front and rear.

And yes we will continue to produce the 1 piece Camaro, it's a 68.
andyh is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:16 PM   #8089
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohlman113 View Post
I like the new camaro and the 69 of course. But I think the rules should eventually allow the pantera. I think it would add a lot more variety if you could increase the year to say 75 I think that would be a good cut off. Other than that I think the rules are awesome. No boost and timing advance was definitely a good decision, I hope RCGT will do the same.
It's kinda unlikely being RCGT came AFTER boost and timing and has always been allowed. We really should keep some fast classes.
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:20 PM   #8090
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
..yeah we have a few Camaros....(...yeah yeah yeah not Vintage..but a Camaro)

Dooood! More pics!
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:23 PM   #8091
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyh View Post
That's a paper decal.... the final body will have decal option and light buckets front and rear.

And yes we will continue to produce the 1 piece Camaro, it's a 68.
You have the best job ever!
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #8092
Tech Master
 
trerc's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,821
Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
Dooood! More pics!
Post #468

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...em-off-32.html
__________________
If it smells burnt up.. it's more than likely hot.. you don't have to touch it..
trerc is offline  
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #8093
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
Soooo HOT.
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 05:37 AM   #8094
Tech Adept
 
CHARLIE BROWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MARYLAND fo sho!!
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trerc View Post
I read something about that 2010 Camaro on HPI Europe I believe it is a brand new car (chassis/body )
__________________
SCT, Monster trucks, Rally
www.rctrack.com www.hobbyworks.com CHEVY THUNDER BABY!!!! Slashie,XXT, Slash 4x4(S4)
CHARLIE BROWN is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM   #8095
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Chicago Illinois USA
Posts: 9,106
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Solara Send a message via AIM to Solara
Default

Only thing that is better then that 2010 HPI Camero body is a picture of Megan Fox on the passenger side window.....YUM.
Solara is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #8096
Company Representative
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SoCal
Posts: 2,891
Default Novak Motor Exchange

We now have inventory of our 25.5 motors, both SS Pro and Ballistic, to begin the motor exchanges for any USVTA members wishing to exchange other wind Novak BL motors for this series wind.

Please follow directions posted on this page:

Novak Service Option Motor Replacements

If any of you have questions about the exchange, please post them in this thread; suggestions about our over-all program in conjunction with the USVTA series are always welcome.
NovakTwo is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #8097
Tech Champion
 
snoopyrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tunnel Hill GA
Posts: 5,046
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohlman113 View Post
I think the rules should eventually allow the pantera. I think it would add a lot more variety if you could increase the year to say 75 I think that would be a good cut off.
I understand your sentiment and why you feel that way. But in here its a dead horse. I too would like to see more classes that represent real races in scale, similar to the VTA but emulating some other form of racing. RCGT is the first thing that comes to mind but I would like to see something that looks like streetable machines and maybe even slower than VTA. Like an RC SCCA. Or RC Autocross.

Andy I love the 69 Z28 but IDK I think I like the 68 shell better. Plus you gotta love the mold that splits in half to make a one piece with undercuts. But Yes I will be ordering one of each of the Camaros that you have posted lately. Geez you guys are releasing them faster than I can paint.

By the way can I just get a subscription? Like one new shell a month? What would that cost me a year. Hmmmmmm....
__________________
www.battlefieldraceway.com Racing videos at http://www.youtube.com/snoopyrc
snoopyrc is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 12:08 PM   #8098
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,211
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Oh great just what we need a body of the month club!

jiml is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #8099
Tech Adept
 
CHARLIE BROWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MARYLAND fo sho!!
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solara View Post
Only thing that is better then that 2010 HPI Camero body is a picture of Megan Fox on the passenger side window.....YUM.
__________________
SCT, Monster trucks, Rally
www.rctrack.com www.hobbyworks.com CHEVY THUNDER BABY!!!! Slashie,XXT, Slash 4x4(S4)
CHARLIE BROWN is offline  
Old 02-09-2010, 01:21 PM   #8100
Tech Adept
 
CHARLIE BROWN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MARYLAND fo sho!!
Posts: 227
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I understand your sentiment and why you feel that way. But in here its a dead horse. I too would like to see more classes that represent real races in scale, similar to the VTA but emulating some other form of racing. RCGT is the first thing that comes to mind but I would like to see something that looks like streetable machines and maybe even slower than VTA. Like an RC SCCA. Or RC Autocross.

Andy I love the 69 Z28 but IDK I think I like the 68 shell better. Plus you gotta love the mold that splits in half to make a one piece with undercuts. But Yes I will be ordering one of each of the Camaros that you have posted lately. Geez you guys are releasing them faster than I can paint.

By the way can I just get a subscription? Like one new shell a month? What would that cost me a year. Hmmmmmm....
hmmm
__________________
SCT, Monster trucks, Rally
www.rctrack.com www.hobbyworks.com CHEVY THUNDER BABY!!!! Slashie,XXT, Slash 4x4(S4)
CHARLIE BROWN is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:47 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net