R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #6841
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

I would guess that there wouldn't be any changes in effect until NEXT year's carpet season starts in Sept/Oct.

I don't use a $75 servo.

My radio is "nice", but it's not latest gen. M11 w/ Spektrum Pro.

That said, I don't have problem one with anybody using better servos or radios. I AM about to attend two race events over the next two weekends that are both 8 hours (assuming clear roads) one way from home and both offering "VTA" rules classes. I'm hoping to run VTA with my usual 1/12 stuff, but if I see esc's that have adjustable timing I'll just run WGT instead. I won't make a fuss, I'll just run something else.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 11-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #6842
Tech Regular

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

can someone point to where i can find info on this WGT class i would like to know more about it thanks for any help
Old 11-28-2009, 07:49 AM   #6843
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://www.worldgtrc.com/ Here ya go..
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 AM   #6844
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here Is a Copy/Paste paragraph I enjoyed from the RCGT rules I think should apply to T/A Again… we’re trying to increase attendance and not increase cost. and one more
Any loophole found will be deemed illegal and will result in a DQ Now what happened to T/A
Old 11-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #6845
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post

also for you guys willing to walk out of VTA cause of some changes one way or another...you and your NEGATIVE ATTITUDE will hurt this class more than any rule change ever will....so anybody that feels the need to type like that, shouldnt be on this thread...most of us on here are doing all we can locally and nationally to keep this class on top and growing...so if you really feel like any rule change is going to "hurt" the class, cause it will never DIE, you should keep it to yourself....or better yet...retire from r/c racing all together. Cause its ppl like you that spoil it for the whole group...and we are a big group...

run what you have and LETS JUST RACE!!!!!!

IM BATTMAN
I know you've done a lot for VTA racing but really? Anyone with a budget issue or an opinion has a negative attitude and should retire from RC racing? Have you been into the holiday booze a little heavily this week? Maybe a piece of your own advice "You and Your NEGATIVE ATTITUDE will hurt this class more than any rule change ever will."

I race VTA with Scottrik at the Magic City RC Club in Billings. You can use that as a positive, I think, well, sort of (just kidding Scottrik). VTA originally started as a slower class for newbies and a "recycler" fun-class for existing RC'ers. I use a 9 year old Losi XXX-S with a 9 year old speed control. My car is one of the fastest couple around the area. I lost the lead on the last lap at the ROAR Regional in Billings and their 2-day, finishing 3rd and 2nd, due to "rubbin's racing" type action. I had a blast, that's exactly what you expect from this class. They had a 16 car A-main with a Grand-Prix start. Qualifying rounds were all invert starts, fast cars at the back. The biggest spectator crowd of the event was the TA class, hands down. After each race, drivers laughing with each other, giving high 5's, talking trash for the next round. I've been racing on-road for over 10 years and the old TA class was the best I've ever seen. I probably wouldn't get $100 for my car on EBAY or RCTECH, yet it competed for the win at the biggest events in the region.

The last race at Magic City RC had 3 TA cars. Enough said as to the result of the recent changes.

I'm a 1/12 scaler that was recycling older gear to the TA car. Now I need a 21.5 instead of a 17.5 or a 13.5. I need a 2s Lipo, not a 1s. I need a balancer that I don't use for 1s. I need a new speed control, can't recycle the GTB 4-cell, etc.

Sorry to disappoint, retiring from RC isn't the choice I'm making. I'll just run a second 1/12 scale class or maybe try WGT. Those classes I can run for a minor investment with my existing "recycler" gear.

Pardon me while I wallow in the miserable realization that by having an opinion and a budget, I may have destroyed the world of RC racing for all of mankind.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:54 AM   #6846
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

ok you win....I not trying to make any issues...and maybe I should have had a little more pull-back, but when ppl see a lot of "disscusion/arguing", its a turn off.....

I agree on older cars and euipment can win....thats the point...either one of my TC3's can win anyday...and Ive posted many times how outta towners bring their Xray 009's and Corrally's ect and they are good drivers...and I send them home trophy-less...thats what got me into this class....I took my RTR TC3 out of the basement and put on some TA tires, painted a solid whit Mustang and threw in a 27t stock motor...and went racing....and that car is still the same now...GTX, Spect servo, 10 mm ride height, and so on...

the thing is we have two groups of racers.....

1. This group likes the rules the way they are. They enjoy all the new tech that comes out , from new chassis, tires, and adv esc's....some buy this stuff to make up for lack of driving skill, some buy it cause the can use it later in other classes...and some pockets are deep enough that they just want the "BEST" out there right now....and of course you have ppl starting out and feel this is what the "fast" guys are running...and if they can afford it they buy it....that doesnt take anything away from them being loyal to the class......it just shows they are running within the rules...they also see the rules solid enough the new guys can come from other classes, like TC and buy a 21.5 and race TA..

2. This group are the ones that see change is needed to get the class back to the way it was intended....they see the class as to fast to get the "driving experience" that VTA has....they see the "ADV ESC" as the main reason for the increase in speeds....they want a spec esc or a rule put into place to slow the cars back down....the 21.5/lipo option is also to blame for this increase as well....they would like to contiue to use the older tech they have and not have to purchase a new esc to keep up....they also see this as a budget class and it turns away new racers when they have to spend $150 or better on an esc....

the class is divided and the only true solution is to make 2 division,....you either run VTA or Pro VTA.....ppl we have to come with some solution...and personally it wont make me or break me from running the class...that what hits a nerve with me that ppl are willing to walk away from a great racing class like this cause of a rule change or no rules change....lets put our heads together and keep everyone happy....rather turn of the boost, Profile [email protected], set all ADV ESC @ 5.5 fdr period...but thats only way to make everyone happy, without any extra money being involved....

come on USVTA "make a Pimp decision"...gives us a final answer, and lets get to racing...you can put it in effect anytime...

Im done with this topic, lets roll on to the more important stuff, where the info on the 2010 USVTA Nats...I want a re-match...and what about the Novak Race?....
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 11-28-2009, 12:44 PM   #6847
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I think a lot of the high end chassis fetish comes from guys that used to run in competitive TC classes that dried up and all they had left was VTA. Those guys will naturally want the newest chassis, battery, and speed control because it's what's been bred into them. I sort of fall into that category and will never blame them.

Last night locally, some of us were absolutely flying. Standing back and watching it's almost absurd how fast we've become. We run 8 minutes, and man, it's white knuckle on the edge the entire way.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 11-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #6848
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

that can be a good thing as well.....I know when we have a stacked "A/Pro" main with 7-8 of us all on the same lap..and any mistake sends you to the back of the pack...I love that.....fast cars or slow cars...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 11-28-2009, 06:54 PM   #6849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak View Post
I think a lot of the high end chassis fetish comes from guys that used to run in competitive TC classes that dried up and all they had left was VTA. Those guys will naturally want the newest chassis, battery, and speed control because it's what's been bred into them. I sort of fall into that category and will never blame them.

Last night locally, some of us were absolutely flying. Standing back and watching it's almost absurd how fast we've become. We run 8 minutes, and man, it's white knuckle on the edge the entire way.
While obviously I don't any of them personally, but doesn't that kind of send a message? VTA was growing while their classes were dieing. Now they are bring the same attitudes to VTA, which will eventual kill it also.

Like I said, I'll keep racing it. Main reason, everyone at THE TRACK has been very nice and understanding when my 6 year old has been out practicing.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 PM   #6850
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
While obviously I don't any of them personally, but doesn't that kind of send a message? VTA was growing while their classes were dieing. Now they are bring the same attitudes to VTA, which will eventual kill it also.

Like I said, I'll keep racing it. Main reason, everyone at THE TRACK has been very nice and understanding when my 6 year old has been out practicing.
That's why we need VTA to get it's feet back on the ground. I've always said VTa wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but it's honestly all some of us have.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Old 11-28-2009, 10:09 PM   #6851
Tech Champion

There will be trans am at the Novak if you guys are interested.

As far as rules, there is nothing to tell. When I'm satisfied we have a workable package that will ***slow the cars***, and keep them that way for a while, you'll know about it. It will also be in conjunction with a long lead time so everybody can be ready for changes, if any. I'm shooting for Fall 2010 for anything to take effect, so don't be worried. I was at the track tonight testing some ideas with the guys.

As far as the class growing, that is the point of making any changes or trying new ideas. There were a lot more guys coming into the class when it was slower. There was a lot of good racing too.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 11-28-2009, 10:39 PM   #6852
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Here is the link to the Novak Race, or US On Road Championships, thread. I believe last year there were 45 or so cars in VTA, it sounds like this year there might be more.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...ovak-race.html
Old 11-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #6853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default VTA cars

This is probably a no no but,,, I just wanted to mention that I have 2 HPI pro2s for sale and a very nice TC4 Camaro. There is more info in the For Sale Section. If you want more info or more photos, pm me. Thanks,,
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-dscn0728.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-dscn0729.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-dscn0754.jpg  

Old Guys Rule!

Bumper tag anyone?
Old 11-29-2009, 12:41 PM   #6854
Tech Champion

Also, before anyone tries to get a hold of one, the Advance ESC is not going to be legal at this time.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 11-29-2009, 02:03 PM   #6855
Tech Master

Has anyone else had any extra lousy experiences with tires lately? I have a set of rears that have 15 runs on them and they still suck.

Maybe we should leave the speed thing to people that make the decisions and we should bitch about tires.

www.summitrcraceway.com
Closed Thread