Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:25 PM   #6301
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Scottrik does have a point. I do think the hobby has lost something with all the RTR guys that have come in.
Scottrik ALWAYS has a point!!

I agree re: the screw through the head. I shouldn't think it would be THAT difficult to make a little bracket up off the chassis top deck to hold the interior tray. Or if the trays were wide enough to tape 'em up there like we USED to do back when interior trays were required on pretty much everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INFERN0 View Post
It would be great if someone were to put a bug into someones ear at HPI to bring out a general fit interior tray for the "muscle car era" bodies that we could trim to fit each body as I am sure they will not be too different inside.
I thought I saw Andrew mention/ask about interest in interior accoutrements at some point not a real long time ago. I think it would be GREAT to have something like that available from HPI...and maybe mandating them would be the stimulus they need to start making one.

There was somebody a couple years back now that made his own vac-formed driver figure and tray from a Wild Willys driver. At the time he indicated he was going to try to produce 'em but I never heard anything more about it.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #6302
Tech Champion

I just dug out the info on the guy who was trying to make the drivers/interiors. Look toward the bottom of the page and his post has a couple pics. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ml#post3561439

Guy went by the handle wallyburger but it doesn't look like he's posted in about a year and a half now.

But it DOES show what's possible with some ingenuity.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:02 PM   #6303
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just want to say, lets make drivers head and interior an option. I love this class, its why I stay in touring racing. The general rules that are in effect now are good rules. Our club did change one of the rules, we did allow any 21.5 motor due to the fact some of the guys that run our oval with pan cars in the Nastruck already had extra 21.5 motors. I personally run a Novak 21.5with my LRP SPX in a Pengiun TC3 with a 68 Camaro body. I am alittle diappointed that they aren't running the class at the first Gran Slam series in Cleveland.
Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 PM   #6304
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
There was somebody a couple years back now that made his own vac-formed driver figure and tray from a Wild Willys driver. At the time he indicated he was going to try to produce 'em but I never heard anything more about it.
I love the oversized head with the angry and slightly insane expression on Willy's face.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:39 PM   #6305
Tech Elite

Hey, just thought of a new slogan for the USVTA.....

"USVTA, Head and Shoulders Above the Rest".....

(Sorry, I'm bored.....Hahaha)
Old 09-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #6306
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
hey Snoop...you ready for Sunday...got a couple of pm's this morning..looking better everyday....

are you going to do some video as well?
I have no power. Nothing when I hit the gas. I have a used TCspec and a used hacker 17.5. Im not sure which one is not working because this is the first time I have used either one. Not crazy about the idea of running 4cell 27t. I know I'm not the fastest guy around but I'm just tired of being the dog as soon as I put the car on the track.
Old 09-24-2009, 09:09 AM   #6307
Tech Champion

Default Music City Championship 2009

bring what you have and I'll have an extra 21.5 and GTB you can use if needed...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 09-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #6308
Tech Champion

also, we had about 10 guys at the track last nite, talking about the driver "rule"...and all think its cool as ice, but also think it should be an option.

most want one anyway...and now they know where to get them...but I think its not something that we as racers should have to do...and thats my take on it and I have drivers...

but more bodies to the list would be great Im told...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 09-24-2009, 10:06 AM   #6309
Tech Champion

The great thing here is that the official USVTA rules still serve as a beacon for this type of racing. Even if your track is completely relaxed on the body rules or some other rule, the USVTA is there so you can say we run this, but we have this or these exceptions. So a person that likes to do this knows to have a pure USVTA car ready. There might be a track here that lets you run any 21.5. There might be one there that lets you run Corvette or Pantera bodies. You might even find a track that doesnt require number stickers. (Yes I went there. No offense, its just for those that remember.)
You still know you can run at them all with a straight rules car. And everyone knows that for the best versatility at all tracks and the least amount of hassle, the best thing to do is to have a straight rules car.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:29 AM   #6310
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54157

Also it looks like Tamiya is going to bring out an interior kit as well.....$17 bucks not bad.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:34 AM   #6311
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I guess at first I thought it should be an option also.. but the more I think about I'm IN! Its VTA lets be different. I just hope these are readily available for hobby shops to get. I see Rob trying to keep the feel and flavor or VTA and not trying to let this turn into TC with different bodies and tires. That I can get behind.

Tamiya TRF417X (Lion's Automotive GTR)
Tamiya TRF416X
Tamiya F104W MP6/4 converted to F104X1 (Renault R30)
Old 09-24-2009, 10:36 AM   #6312
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=54157

Also it looks like Tamiya is going to bring out an interior kit as well.....$17 bucks not bad.
Unfortunately it's for right-hand drive though maybe just the thing if you're running a Japanese Camaro.

Also note that it says "not currently available" which is Tamiya speak for a couple things, usually meaning that it's an obsolete part and very likely not to be available again but we're still showing it in our online catalog.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:37 AM   #6313
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by padailey View Post
I guess at first I thought it should be an option also.. but the more I think about I'm IN! Its VTA lets be different. I just hope these are readily available for hobby shops to get. I see Rob trying to keep the feel and flavor or VTA and not trying to let this turn into TC with different bodies and tires. That I can get behind.
+100!!

Thanks Rob.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:38 AM   #6314
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Unfortunately it's for right-hand drive though maybe just the thing if you're running a Japanese Camaro.

Also note that it says "not currently available" which is Tamiya speak for a couple things, usually meaning that it's an obsolete part and very likely not to be available again but we're still showing it in our online catalog.
duh...I was thinking right side drive when looking at the car.....yeah its been a long day. But its soon to be released at the hobby show in Japan in October but that doesnt help the fact that its on the wrong side of the car.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 AM   #6315
Tech Addict

Where can the clear interiors be found?
Bob Oaks
Closed Thread