R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 02:23 PM   #6286
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 240 (100%+)

anyone got some links for these interiors?
Old 09-23-2009, 02:29 PM   #6287
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default RULES

also we have alot of rules already...that makes things a little hard for some...my vote is an option....lets keep us die-hard VTA guys making all the most real looking rc cars out there...and let the new guys see what we do and it will catch on
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 09-23-2009, 02:32 PM   #6288
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thats cool but that was ur option to race with a driver/inter but i dont think it should be a rule for racing. I do agree that it looks good but not for rules, I think rules should be based on how preformance is to be equal as possible, I seen on here someone posted about 2wd, window net, ect. if u make a rule on inforcing a drive then go for the whole look.

I know that some tracks wont be on board with that rule, so now u limit the ones that dont want to add another thing to thier car to be legal. this makes me want to not travel to race this class.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #6289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

An entrepreneur would see all of this discussion for a driver figure, make a mold, and sell an "un-official" VTA driver figure. Better yet, make a generic 2 piece inner body kit that would allow you to assemble it as a left-hand drive (US/France/Germany), right-hand drive (Japan/England), or rally style with 2 driver figures. This would be a good option for VTA, RCGT, or R/C drifting.

----------

Locally we try to enforce the body rule and I tend to bug drivers when they aren't running numbers or "Vintage" paint schemes. I at least like to see cars with number decals on the monochrome paint schemes.

As long as there are readily available inner body kits or driver figures I think this is a positive idea. However, I define readily available as something I can buy directly from HPI (as an example), something I can get from a major online retailer (Tower Hobbies, Horizon, etc), or something that my local hobby store can easily order for me.

If possible, it would be nice to have a USVTA appearance FAQ listing all available wheels (with pictures), bodies (with pictures), and any other items that make this a unique class that spectators enjoy watching.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:10 PM   #6290
Tech Champion

I really think that once everyone gets an idea where to get the heads and or interior trays, then you wont have all of this fuss. More people will know how to get them and more will be able to help the noobs get set up.

I just want to know if a Snoopy in the drivers position counts as having a driver.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #6291
Tech Champion

thats an idea...Rob/USVTA can post the pics on the official web page..the gallery needs updated anyway...put all the bodies and wheels and tires on the gallery and maybe some of the cleanest rides that have different options like drivers,painted rims and letter tires ect...this would get alot of intrest up
Old 09-23-2009, 03:20 PM   #6292
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

It has already been said, but I agree, it is your choice to run an interior and driver. Don't make it a rule, because not everyone wants to spend alot of money on a VTA car and that would be another expense some would not want. This class already has enough rules!! The only thing I suggest is to open it up to ALL vintage bodies, because this is becoming a CAMARO class, 9out of 10 cars being one.

If you were to make it a rule, I for one would stop running the class all together and go run in the GT class with realistic newer cars.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #6293
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cain View Post
anyone got some links for these interiors?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLDW5

"This is the Z Parts Bag for the Tamiya Super Hornet Buggy.

FEATURES: Molded in white plastic this is the driver figure bust with arms and helmet with facial detail."
Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #6294
Tech Champion

thats the one I use....put a screw in his head and rock it
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-usvta-nationals-2009-073.jpg  
Old 09-23-2009, 04:16 PM   #6295
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I don't know what you guys are worried about...put this in your car and i guarantee you will go .2 per lap faster!

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 09-23-2009, 06:27 PM   #6296
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

That's only if you're running in a Mod VTA class. And at our track, I think there are nearly the same number of Pegasus Mustangs as Camaros now, at least in a typical A-Main of ours.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:42 PM   #6297
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

JEEZUS!!

What a bunch of whiners. They've all come up on kits that damn nearly build themselves (you want a "challenge"? Ask any old-timer who ever built, say, an awd RC500) and now they're worried about taking another 10 minutes to figure out how to install an interior tray. And that 10 minutes might be the difference between them participating in VTA or not? Get real...those guys won't be around next year. Short timers.

And this seemingly incredible expense? PUH-leeze. These same yahoos drop $250 on a Tekin RS for their VTA ride and whine about another $4-5 to enhance THE ONLY THING THAT SEPARATES THIS CLASS FROM T(axi) C(abs)? HELLO!!! RC racing has NEVER been cheaper in real terms. Never. We were paying $60-100 for race quality matched packs of Sanyo SC1200's back in the late '80's. That's $200-250 in today's dollars. And you had to re-match them every month (or more often) if you wanted to be competitive in 1/12 where we STILL ran 8-minute heats with those 1200mah batteries. That RC500 kit plus add-on awd kit cost over $500 back then and you would absolutely DIE if you even SAW that kit today...much less had to build one. A box of vaguely car-shaped parts that you wore out a new Dremel tool re-shaping and fitting together. Hell...you cut your own hinge pins out of steel rod. Then drilled your arms and installed Heli-coils to hold set screws that held 'em all in.

Some folks need a reality check. Honestly... "OH MY GOD...THEY WANT ME TO PUT IN A LITTLE DRIVER FIGURE...THE SKY IS FALLING.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:06 PM   #6298
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike76 View Post
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXLDW5

"This is the Z Parts Bag for the Tamiya Super Hornet Buggy.

FEATURES: Molded in white plastic this is the driver figure bust with arms and helmet with facial detail."
Thats pretty painless right there. I dont know about mounting it from a crew through the roof. I would rather mount to the chassis.

Hey Robk any chance of finding a Reinhart bobble head? On tarmac I think he might be a little faster.

Scottrik does have a point. I do think the hobby has lost something with all the RTR guys that have come in.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:12 PM   #6299
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It would be great if someone were to put a bug into someones ear at HPI to bring out a general fit interior tray for the "muscle car era" bodies that we could trim to fit each body as I am sure they will not be too different inside.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:19 PM   #6300
Tech Master

They have.. see post #320, page 22 under the "RCGT Pics & Paint ONLY! Show them off!" thread.