Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 12:06 AM   #571
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham1972 View Post
Hi
First let me say! Great Class you got going here.

Just a Question or two.

Can one Run a 1/10 scale Pan car in this class like the Gen X 10 200mm Car?

If so could one run the HPI Wheels and tires or pan car foams foams. I no one can not put Touring tires on a pan car ok, But I can. and what would be the motor setup for this kind of car with BL motors.

Thanks.

C.C.
http://USVintageTransAm.com
And check the rules page. and you will see "Four Wheel Drive touring car chassis only"
IMO___Pan cars would make the speeds just to fast and uncontrolable..

Patrick
ROAR # 11-118753 / MATT #11-118754
MECH # 11-118755 / RYLEE #11-118756
RIP :Loretta Plueard 2017
SUPPORTING NORTHWEST HARVEST --- WWW.NORTHWESTHARVEST.ORG THE HUNGER STOPS HERE
Old 03-12-2008, 12:26 AM   #572
Ike
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham1972 View Post
Hi
First let me say! Great Class you got going here.

Just a Question or two.

Can one Run a 1/10 scale Pan car in this class like the Gen X 10 200mm Car?

If so could one run the HPI Wheels and tires or pan car foams foams. I no one can not put Touring tires on a pan car ok, But I can. and what would be the motor setup for this kind of car with BL motors.

Thanks.

C.C.
As of now there's just no way to slow them down enough to make a pan car work with TC trans am cars. Even a 21.5 is till going to be faster. MAYBE a 3.7v Lipo could help, but it would be tricky. Also, as of now there is no way I know of to get the T/A wheels on a 200mm pan car.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:33 AM   #573
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
As of now there's just no way to slow them down enough to make a pan car work with TC trans am cars. Even a 21.5 is till going to be faster. MAYBE a 3.7v Lipo could help, but it would be tricky. Also, as of now there is no way I know of to get the T/A wheels on a 200mm pan car.
You need to start an R/C US GT10 Class. If you prove it can work at your local track (grass roots) it will grow. Keep costs down, keep rules simple and specific, and bodies that racers can identify with. At least that seems to be the successful formula of the T/A class.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #574
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

Well I know that there is a discussion on a GT10 Class and Im sure that somebody would not mind taking this on and trying this out at their track that would be a start.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:52 AM   #575
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26mugenmrx07 View Post
Anybody here using a tc3 with brushless motor can you tell me what spur gear are you using and how many tooth?
A good starting point for any 17.5 in a T/A car is about 3.7 FDR. So, get the smallest spur you can find (I think PRS makes a 76t 64p spur) and bolt up a 51t pinion. 76/51 x 2.5 internal tranny ratio = 3.725 FDR. Go up and down from there depending on your track size and layout. Some guys are running fast above a 4.0 FDR and some guys have found good luck around 3.4 FDR. It all depends on your driving style and track size.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:34 AM   #576
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

One more key thing about the success of the T/A class is that the type of tire that can be used is a specific brand and type of tire and rim. There are no questions as to what tires\inserts\rims can be used. Everyone uses the same tires and inserts the only difference being the rims you choose to run.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #577
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
One more key thing about the success of the T/A class is that the type of tire that can be used is a specific brand and type of tire and rim. There are no questions as to what tires\inserts\rims can be used. Everyone uses the same tires and inserts the only difference being the rims you choose to run.
The fact that they'll probably outlast the tires on your real car helps also
Old 03-12-2008, 08:46 AM   #578
Ike
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
You need to start an R/C US GT10 Class. If you prove it can work at your local track (grass roots) it will grow. Keep costs down, keep rules simple and specific, and bodies that racers can identify with. At least that seems to be the successful formula of the T/A class.
I know there are a few guys at Trackside that are wanting to do it beisdes myself and I'm certainly going to push for it because my love of pancars. I would like to do 10.5/19T and 4 cell. I think it will catch on with a lot of the vintage T/A guys that want to go faster and have a second class to run where they can use their T/A batteries.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:35 AM   #579
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike View Post
The fact that they'll probably outlast the tires on your real car helps also
Not quite, but close. I finally wore out a set. They lasted for six races with countless laps of practice and screwing around. This was with lipo and 13.5 brushless on asphalt. Probably more than three hours track time. Can't complain about that.

Dave
Old 03-12-2008, 10:36 AM   #580
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)
Default creating more classes

One of the problems in r/c is the ever increasing list of classes. At our local track, the mini class started to grow and we were getting 7 or 8 minis, then transam started to grow and the guys that were running mini all started to run transam. This will continue if another class springs up. The only classes that have remained the same are 1/12 stock/17.5 and tc stock/17.5 and 13.5. Everything else is in a state of flux. If you want the class to grow, stop creating alternatives to it. And if you think that guys will run another class to use their 4 cell packs from transam, most transam guys at our track run 1 class only.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:39 AM   #581
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Is that why your wheels keep coming off ?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
Not quite, but close. I finally wore out a set. They lasted for six races with countless laps of practice and screwing around. This was with lipo and 13.5 brushless on asphalt. Probably more than three hours track time. Can't complain about that.

Dave
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 03-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #582
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimPotter View Post
Is that why your wheels keep coming off ?...
Although he denies it, I think Jayme was screwing with my car when I wasn't looking.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:39 AM   #583
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Well, if that is what it takes to keep you out of the top spot...We can keep on paying Jayme to discretely "Adjust" your car...

Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 03-12-2008, 04:10 PM   #584
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skruger View Post
http://USVintageTransAm.com
And check the rules page. and you will see "Four Wheel Drive touring car chassis only"
IMO___Pan cars would make the speeds just to fast and uncontrolable..

Patrick
This is what got me, I frist read this and went wow I'll dig out the old
RC10DS and have a ball...but it is not to be, one of the few touring cars that should be in a class called Trans-Am and they will not allow it, must be afraid of it . The 4wd cars will still sit on the shelf and I will look at a mini to get back into racing.
Old 03-12-2008, 04:53 PM   #585
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yeah thats the bummer, its not a rwd class.
Closed Thread