Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #5641
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound_dogs_01 View Post
youd assume right..... the way people talk about his vintage and driving hes about the best around these parts....

Alex
I beat him at snowbirds and the enduro is at my track. I think my team thunder aka ABM has a good shot also.

also I am the GA top Gun for 2008 in Vta and I did it the hard way 4cell 17.5
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #5642
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

congradulations to you....

Alex
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #5643
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

speaking of Melvin....

August 9th Points Race at Hobby Lobby

Well you know its August by just the change in weather. We had such a lovely mid 70's last outdoor race, we knew we was in for some pay-back. Still not bad ,but mid 90's is more than enough to slow turn-out. We still had enough cars for TA,TCR, and JR TA..and had a special guest racer from the ATL in Melvin Lee. We also had some completly new racers as well as some on-lookers...Oh did I mention that our awesome Race Director made this a FREE raceday...thanks Tim Moore

Rd 1 was a good mix of 8 TA cars...with drivers ranging from 1st timers to top-notch racers...this was a variety of lap times and and laps. Melvin out TQ'd me by 0.231...yikes!..thats just one to many walls to tap..Robert pulled out a 3rd place riding his very nice Vette body

In TCR the racing was tight for most part. Melvin pulled out another TQ spot over Points leader Robert Dirla by a lap. I managed to hold on to 3rd for my best run of the day

Jr TA was the start of some really nice racing by 6 of our Jr's. They came to do battle for the JR TA TITLE and they went to war for it. Daniel ran away with 21 laps, Tomlin with 20 and Spidey with 19

Rd 2 was much of the same for me following Melvin around the track for 6min to only fall to 0.448 behind...we both came out with 34 laps..Bobby pulled in 3rd for this rd.

TCR saw Melvin,Dirla and Brad take top 3..I had 3rd for most of the race but broke spindle changed that up.

Jr TA was spotlighted by a 22 lapper by Daniel showing why he is the current champ. Spidey picked it up to 20 laps followed by Tomlin in 3rd

Rd 3 turned into do or die for the all important TQ point. I felt like I could have finally re-set TQ to get that point, but Melvin had other plans. We both were set on NEW TQ pace but one to many mistakes caused me to fall behind yet again by 1.949..it was back and forward all race. Alex pulled into 3rd

TCR was a change up with Robert Dirla pulling out a win on 36 laps, followed by Brad and Tim. Me and Melvin broke during the race. And the hopes of Dirla could be heard..."I wish this was the main"..lol

Jr TA gave Daniel another TQ run and the extra point of the day.
1. Daniel 22 5:05.145 2 1
2. Tomlin 21 5:02.757 2 2
3. Yung-Spidey 20 5:07.114 2 3

THE MAINS....
Its now or never for me to get a win over Melvin. Both my caster blocks on my TC3 was cracked and I didnt have a replacement. Took some ca glue and hoped for the best.The race was as even as it gets. Melvin gave me all the opprotunity to take the win but I just couldnt hold on to the ball...it was a great race but someone has to win and someone has to lose.

Melvin Lee 44 8:02.392 10.302
Myron Kinnard 44 8:02.676 10.233 0.284

looked at those fractions of a second all day...Melvin improves to 5-0 against me...Bobby Mills won the 3rd place spot.

TCR was a nice run for all the racers..Melvin and Dirla ran strong for the whole 6min, even with Dirla going off the track.I made myself comfy in 3rd until the spindle that I didnt fix in rd 3 came out again...that gave Tim Moore a podium finish with 3rd and Robert in 2nd.

Jr TA was a pick up race..all the drivers improved their laps in this 5min dance. Daniel with 23 Tomlin with 22 and Spidey with 21...all 6 Jr's did very well and all deserved a nice cold FROSTY...

hope to cya on the 23 of August for another great day of racing at HOBBY LOBBY...only 2 more points races to go!

and dont forget the

CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

SATURDAY AUGUST 29, 2009 @ THUNDER RC RACEWAY
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 08-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #5644
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
Melvin Lee 44 8:02.392 10.302
Myron Kinnard 44 8:02.676 10.233 0.284
If you can hang like that with Melvin then I dont want any of you. What was that you said about getting a Frosty? Here let me hold that camera. Ah yea thats nice.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #5645
Tech Rookie

Talking

dont mean to ruin the thread but i am looking to paint a body but need some insperation, any ideas
please post pics
xray T2007
CRC genx 12
Old 08-12-2009, 05:12 AM   #5646
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.c View Post
dont mean to ruin the thread but i am looking to paint a body but need some insperation, any ideas
please post pics
No problem, there is an entire thread devoted to VTA paintjobs.

You can also check out this site for some 1:1 action.

Jim

"If God had meant for us to drive through the front wheels, he never would have allowed us to invent the ring & pinion"
Old 08-12-2009, 03:07 PM   #5647
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
If you can hang like that with Melvin then I dont want any of you. What was that you said about getting a Frosty? Here let me hold that camera. Ah yea thats nice.
it was close all day...but he is an excellent driver that makes very little mistakes..if any!....great learning race for me....and yes if you race with the Jr's you can have a Frosty..lol..
Old 08-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #5648
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwkride View Post
No problem, there is an entire thread devoted to VTA paintjobs.

You can also check out this site for some 1:1 action.

Jim
Ive been asked about the "OG" paint schemes and totally forgot the 1:1 paint jobs...for our up coming 2.4 TA Enduro, teams have to use the same body and similar paint schemes...and looking at that site, I saw some nice ones that can be done..I would love to see a team do one of these

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-enduro-vta.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-enduro-vta-2.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-enduro-vta-3.jpg  
Old 08-12-2009, 11:28 PM   #5649
Tech Champion

Default CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

ok he is some info to pass along..

starting this weekend we will be taking entry fees from TEAMS that want to secure their spot in the Enduro. You can send your $30.00 money order or check to po box 70779 Nashville,TN 37207...and you will be able to pay with Paypal as well..the act info will be available soon. We just want to insure the early birds a spot in this race. The list of teams seem to grow every week, and not to say everyone will or wont show, but things happen.

Like I mention before Robert/Nash/Thunder RC only benifits from the entry..its pays for the use of the track...all the payout is done by sponsors...its paid out regardless of turn-out....

also alot of ?????? have been answered about the race on the Memphis thread, such as bodies, rotation, and wings..goto...
http://www.rctech.net/forum/msra-mem...o-sign-up.html

to get the 411...that keeps me from posting twice..thanks for you time and hope to cya soon...
Old 08-13-2009, 10:59 AM   #5650
Tech Champion

Default CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

paypal
[email protected]

it's $31.5 if they paypal $1.50 for paypal fees

they send money though paypal using [email protected] for $31.50 and I get it they need to put there team name and 3 transponders in the comments section

THANKS
Old 08-13-2009, 01:29 PM   #5651
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here was the VTA main from Indy Slots in Indianapolis/Beech Grove from Friday Aug 7, 2009. This was our first race using the CRC Clik-Trak barriers and the layout was overly simple. The Silver Pegasus Mustang took the win with the Yellow Camaro a close 2nd. I was the dark blue Camaro with yellow wheels and at 2:50 in the video you can see me stopping after I punted the yellow/orange Camaro coming onto the straight.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 AM   #5652
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If Novak phases out the SS series motors, will the Balistic become "the" motor of VTA? Or is it already accepted? I know better than to start a flame war here, but I'm thinking of the future of the class.
Old 08-14-2009, 12:53 PM   #5653
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Also, I have gotten some messages about the 21.5 Ballistic motor. I emailed Novak, and this was their response:
"The Ballistic Spec motors will spec out the same as our current line of SS Pro motors. They use the same windings, rotors, etc. The main changes with the motor are cosmetic and with the addition of the new sensor assembly which allows for easier timing adjustment and the replacement of the sensor harness itself."

I'm hoping that as the SS motors are phased out, the Ballistic motor will be able to slot right in without problems. I'm going to try to find one when they are generally available, for testing.
there you go

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 08-14-2009, 01:00 PM   #5654
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
there you go
Nice. I know I've got a long way to go before I blow a motor, but its nice to know.

Rob, I think I just bought the last unpainted Mach Racer body that I could find. If you know of a good supply of them or if there is another source, can you send me a PM?
Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM   #5655
Tech Regular

question for the rulemakers of vta.

i understand you can use any 17.5 as long as you gear / battery are in spec.

same with 27turn i think.

why is only 1 21.5 allowed but you can have any 17.5? something about the novak or others that make it faster.. or them faster? if that is the case, cant the same thing be said about the 17.5s?

there has to be a base reason and i was just curious.
Closed Thread