Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 10:15 PM   #5386
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapcounter View Post
Sorry, I used the RCTech search function to see if it had already been asked about. It didn't find anything.
dont take that the wrong way...if you have a ???? and want an answer..ask away..thats what the forum is for....the ????? might have been asked before, and with 300+ pages whom wants to look for it...so if you are new to TA and are needing some ???? answered...ask away....

some ppl are affraid to ask ?????? on this thread cause of ppl getting bent outta shape about it....Im here to tell all of you that have this problem...to simply not answer there ?????? if you cant do it w/o sounding like an ass...that is what is wrong with our VTA members...our numbers are falling ,cause for some reason, ppl are getting to anal about this class..this is a fun class...and there are plenty ppl out there that would love to get into VTA...but it seems more negative post have driven them away....we need to answer every ?????? with the best knowledge possible...and if some ????? has been asked a million times...and you feel like not answering...DONT!..let someone else do it or send a pm....

Im not trying to call anyone out, but Im sick of ppl telling how bad VTA has got and the problems are here on this thread...so please, if you are not helping promote this class in a positive light dont answer or post anything..

it really has got outta of control...we need our racers, just like every other class of r/c....time to pull them in and be NICE...

my very important 2 years
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 06-29-2009, 08:26 AM   #5387
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

+1. You said a mouth full but your right. I just wanted to add. this is how I got into the VTA Hobby by asking questions. all of us started the same way not knowing Jack! weither our questions had to do with Electronics Chassies Bodys or anything in between and I couldent stand the people that told me to search for the answer before I ask. Screw you is what I had to say and will still say now if I know the answer Ill answer it, I don't care how many times I see it, your asking because you dont know. Last I knew this was a hobby and eveything you do is out of your own pocket. I don't know anyone with Sponsors or big funding so get off your high horses and help people in a strugleing hobby don't scare them away before they even get started.
Support your Armed forces,and your local VTA Racing
Old 06-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #5388
Tech Addict

it might be worth the time to put a USVTA FAQ/Sticky thread.... Getting started type of info, covering all the typically asked Q's asked and reasked here..and summerise details & details on the rules. Stick and lock it down so it won't grow to 100 pages of fluff.

I know I answered many basic questions yesterday from one of your TA Jr racers....soldered and loaned him some parts. It got me thinking of the specific FAQ for completely green racers getting started..may help new folks from getting reemed over the repeatedly asked Q's.
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
Old 06-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #5389
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lidebt2 View Post
bald, better traction.
Thanks for the info
Old 06-29-2009, 08:52 PM   #5390
Tech Champion

It's not very hard to post a link for some one. And if a question has been answered multiple times there should be a thread you can link too. So if you don't want to answer, just post a link where someone can read up.
Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM   #5391
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

FAQ' VTA Now Open! Come one,Come all!
Old 06-30-2009, 10:24 AM   #5392
Tech Champion

where are the race reports for this past weekend?...since some think mine are to long...here is the short...

we had our Points Race at Hobby Lobby this past Sunday...it was suppose to rain, but once again Tim is alot better weather man than any tv dude..thanks again Tim...

we had two groups of TA,TC, and one group for our Jr TA class.....

Sportsman TA saw a lovely race between returning TA racer Dan and last years Music City JR TA Champ, Hayden...the battle went back and forward and even saw Hayden carry Dan's car for a half a lap on his hood, AWESOME!
Dan pulled out 1st,Hayden 2nd,Bobby 3rd

Expert TA was a mix of who car will turn the fastest...I set TQ in round 1 and it went down hill for me from there...Rodney pulled TQ and re-set TQ in 2nd and 3rd round...the mian got off to a good start but going in reverse may have cause more hurt than good....Rodney held on to 1st place for the entire 47 laps...great race and finally got your win...the big rival of the main was between Jason and Donald..they drop 9-10 second laps for the remainder of the race.. finishing 2nd and 3rd with only 4.4 second difference..

JR TA saw Daniel contiue to dominate the Jr division with his 3rd consective win....new JR TA racers Tomlin and Dylan went at each other for 2nd and 3rd position..with Tomlin getting by Dylan for the 2nd place spot...

hope everyone had a great time and hope to see everybody at BEAT THE HEAT 2009 in Memphis,TN on July 11th and 12th
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BTH_2009_flyer-1%5B1%5D[1].pdf (293.1 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 06-30-2009 at 10:58 AM.
Old 06-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #5393
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

VTA indoor carpet racing on Friday at Indy Slots saw some good racing.

In the "B" main, we had a great battle going on between 2 racers for the bump-up spot to the A-main. There was a little fender rubbing, but nothing intentional. If either driver upset the other car, they both waited for the other to get going again. Unfortunately one driver made a solo error on the last minute and fell back quite a bit. The A-main drivers saw what a great job both driver's did and awarded an additional bump-up to the A-main. The driver who would have otherwise been out ended up finishing 3rd in the A-main out of 8 cars.

The A-main saw the top 5 cars all within a lap of each other. As is usual at our track, the driver who needed to be turn-marshalled least won. Top 3 cars were (1) FT TC4, (2) TC5, (3) FT TC4.

---------

VTA parking lot racing on Sunday at Hobbytown Indy North saw a lot of wind. Unfortunately EZ-UPs were out of the question unless you had something to tie/weigh them down. However the weather was in the lower 80's and very pleasant.

There was only 1 main of 8 cars. Top 2 cars were having a great battle for first place the entire race. TQ was faster in the infield, but 2nd place was faster at the end of the straight and through the sweeper. Again, both drivers were showing great sportmanship during the race. It looked like it was going to be a close finish, but 2nd made an unforced mistake and got stuck on a plow disc and finished about 1/4 lap behind. The non-race spectators in attendence showed their appreciation for a good race with a nice round of applause.

Luckily for Indy VTA racing, Friday and Sunday this weekend don't fall on the 4th so it is racing as usual.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:33 PM   #5394
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Need some advice folks. Got a request by a couple of out of town racers who currently use Lipo batts with 27t stock motors. Just what kind of performance comparison would there be to the Lipo/Bl spec combo ? I want to accomodate these guys but if the performance difference is huge it wouldnt be reasonable.
Thanks.
Old 06-30-2009, 06:56 PM   #5395
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Dino

You may want to direct them to this website/PDF...

http://www.toxicity.com/pdf/gear%20ratios.pdf

Seems as though it's setup for Lipo batteries and any 17.5 or 27 turn motors. It limits the gearing to about 24mph which is the speed for the 21.5/lipo combo.

Then again, if we set up the track like we did this past weekend, top speed won't mean a thing.

That track was EVIL... hopefully we can use it again for a big regional event in the future.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:21 PM   #5396
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
Dino

You may want to direct them to this website/PDF...

http://www.toxicity.com/pdf/gear%20ratios.pdf

Seems as though it's setup for Lipo batteries and any 17.5 or 27 turn motors. It limits the gearing to about 24mph which is the speed for the 21.5/lipo combo.

Then again, if we set up the track like we did this past weekend, top speed won't mean a thing.

That track was EVIL... hopefully we can use it again for a big regional event in the future.
glad to see the love all the way on the west coast...

it works wonders when you are trying to even things out...cya and good luck..
Old 06-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #5397
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
Need some advice folks. Got a request by a couple of out of town racers who currently use Lipo batts with 27t stock motors. Just what kind of performance comparison would there be to the Lipo/Bl spec combo ? I want to accomodate these guys but if the performance difference is huge it wouldnt be reasonable.
Thanks.
I thought you were trying to avoid turning VTA into another 27T stock class?
Old 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM   #5398
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spngr311 View Post
I thought you were trying to avoid turning VTA into another 27T stock class?
its not even close....if you go by the chart, the USVTA lipo/21.5 is the fastest option...proven over a years worth of TA racing..but for those looking to get into VTA and not sure to buy a NOVAK 21.5 and they already have lipo and 17.5/27t..this is a great trail for them...

the point is to get as many ppl bitting the VTA..we must open the door a little to help them along...once we do..they wont mind selling that 17.5 for $40 bucks and buying the 21.5 to be legal...

the chart is a way to help ppl that have all the tools to get into VTA w/o spending any real extra money...most of us locals started with this combo and we had plenty of outta towners running USVTA rules..and they were surprised how dead on we are to the OG rules...

but most of our EXPERT/PRO class run 21.5/lipo now...thats the real ticket to the A-main..cya and hope this helps
Old 07-01-2009, 11:25 AM   #5399
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Darkside has a great point. Anything that a track can do to get guys hooked on VTA is a good thing. You don't want to turn away a potential racer because they don't have exactly what they need just yet. Chances are they might skip VTA and find a class that matches what they own (or not race at all).

The challenge for local tracks/race directors is to understand how to handicap any of possible motor battery combos to keep it fair. That is not to say that anyone is wanting changes in the rules. The only other option is for VTA racers to loan out spare equipment on race day. You'd actually be surprised how many people are willing to loan out equipment if asked.

I know that bending the rules can backfire (accusations of cheating/favoritism/unfair advantage). I've seen locally that once guys have gotten hooked on this class they have voluntarily bought the right battery/motors to run.
Old 07-01-2009, 02:57 PM   #5400
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I've seen locally that once guys have gotten hooked on this class they have voluntarily bought the right battery/motors to run.
No doubt! It's amazing what a few instances of leniency will do for the racer turnout. Ray Murray's VTA/RCGT program is a great testament to this philosophy.