Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nashrcracer
the cool thing about our local track is they don't force you to the 3 body types as long as it's not not a truck or a TC body anything mostly goes. so I'm waiting for the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR body from hpi that just came out.

I hate to break this to you - in case you don't know - that body is for the HPI Cup Racer not a TC chassis - the mini chassis

that's the little logo on the front quarter panel
Old 06-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

$400 CASH MONEY AND 24 HOUR SCALE(2.4 HOURS) OF NON-STOP TRANS-AM RACING

MIN 18 ENTRANTS...3 MAN TEAMS..MARSHALL,DRIVE,PIT

EVERY TEAM MEMBER CAN USE THEIR OWN CAR

LAPS WILL BE ADDED UP FOR EACH TEAM TO DETERMINE THE WINNERS

YOU CAN WORK ON YOUR CAR(TEAM CARS) AS LONG AS ONE OF YOUR TEAM MEMBERS ARE MARSHALLING

ALL CARS WILL BE TECH DURING THE RACE

ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST PIT TOGETHER

ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST EITHER RUN SIMILAR PAINT SCHEMES OR SAME BODIES

USVTA AND TMPL RULES APPLY

PRIZE MONEY AND TROPHIES WILL BE SPONSORED BY TEAM DARKSIDE

1ST PLACE $150 AND TROPHY FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER
2ND PLACE $100 AND TROPHY FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER
3RD PLACE $75 AND TROPHY FOR EACH TEAM MEMBER
4TH PLACE $50
5TH PLACE $25

SIGN-UPS ARE DUE IN BY AUG 1ST

REMEMBER WE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 6 TEAMS OF 3 TO HAVE THIS RACE

ENTRY FEE WILL BE LOW

MORE INFO TO COME AFTER WE GET SOME CONFIRM TEAMS

http://www.nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3749

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 06-10-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Not enough info Darkside. Where will the race be run? When will the race be run? What are TMPL rules? Is the race indoor or outside?
Your link does not mention any of this.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Dark Seid

What are TMPL rules?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Three
Not enough info Darkside. Where will the race be run? When will the race be run? What are TMPL rules? Is the race indoor or outside?
Your link does not mention any of this.
1.it will be in Nashville,TN..
2.later this summer...after BTH or after MCC
3.link to rules http://coolspringsracing.com/Rules.html
4.so far indoors just in case we dont get the "R" and have to move the race
the race is in an early phase..in order for this to happen..ie..race directors..need word or post from racers that be attending..last night we had good intrest and about 2-3 teams that are good to go...but he needs 6 teams all together...Im pretty sure some guys from the GREAT CITY of Memphis would love to come here and take home the title of Trans-am enduro champs...I know the GA and AL teams are coming...hummmm
Originally Posted by snoopyrc
Dark Seid

What are TMPL rules?
here is the link to TMPL...alot of outta towners will testify that it works awsome....we have had ppl from Indy,KY,AL,GA, and TN and all saw it as a perfect alternative and fair as USVTA rules...keep in mind that most of our fast guys are using USVTA rules...incl me

http://coolspringsracing.com/Rules.html
Old 06-11-2009, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's kind of tough to commit to travel to a race when you don't know when it will be... Sort of a catch-22 for you unfortunately
Old 06-11-2009, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

thats true..but ive got some pm's and texts about it and its looking pretty good so far...hopefully with our locals and some outta towners this race will happen very,very soon...all he is asking is 6 teams of 3 to commit to it..lol

thats a hard word for us guys anyway..lol
Old 06-11-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

As far as traveling in VTA goes, I've seen a number of racers willing to travel in the Indiana/Illinois/Ohio area. Usually a track will have regulars that never travel, but with the rules package in VTA travel is so much easier. I know that I don't have to buy anything different to race at a different track. The only thing I've had to worry about is parking lot vs. low bite carpet vs. high bite carpet. I've raced VTA at 10 different tracks in 5 states and was able to get around the track with the same base setup without too much trouble.

I have noticed that there are more VTA drivers travelling to the next nearest track to them more than any other racing I've done. In Indiana, we get drivers that travel between Indy & Lafayette (near Purdue Univ), Indy & Ft. Wayne, and even Indy & Mishawaka. We have also had a few drivers travel between Indy & Cincinnati and even Ft. Wayne & Cincinnati. I've also heard of other drivers travelling between various tracks in eastern and Northern Illinois.

If a point could be made it is that it is very easy to travel to other tracks with a VTA car (other than gas prices).
Old 06-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I would just like to see something along the the lines of the hurricane series or the Northeast grandslam series but be USVTA of course...I do know that the midwest series did not preform as well as everyone had hoped but I think there could be some more promotion which would help along with info on other classes that would be running....Not saying you need to do it all Rob but a good USVTA presence with tech and what not would help...I wonder how many people new they were running VTA in the hurricane or grandslam series? I didnt.....Alot of the problems now are cash and scheduling so the earlier we set up a calender and set dates the better and if there would be a point series we should highlight those dates.......Geee's cant you please everyone Rob...
Old 06-11-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER
I would just like to see something along the the lines of the hurricane series or the Northeast grandslam series but be USVTA of course...I do know that the midwest series did not preform as well as everyone had hoped but I think there could be some more promotion which would help along with info on other classes that would be running....Not saying you need to do it all Rob but a good USVTA presence with tech and what not would help...I wonder how many people new they were running VTA in the hurricane or grandslam series? I didnt.....Alot of the problems now are cash and scheduling so the earlier we set up a calender and set dates the better and if there would be a point series we should highlight those dates.......Geee's cant you please everyone Rob...
More news on the Hurricane All-Star Carpet Series and the Great Lakes Series will be forth coming. It should be a heck of a Fall/Winter Race season here in the IL, WI and IN area. Just a little info......Last year in the Hurricane Series we had 44 total drivers enter the TA class over 4 races with 90 total entries so that’s about 22 drivers per race....we had 8 drivers that raced the class at every event. So a lot of local area drivers knew about the TA class being offered and the silly fact is that not even all the local drivers made these races there is probably about 15 to 20 other drivers that never raced in the series but race actively at the local tracks that held series races. The really hard part is getting people to show up to races.
Old 06-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
The really hard part is getting people to show up to races.
Hope this changes for this upcoming season.....
Old 06-11-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Champion

Default CASHVILLE 24HR SCALE TRANS-AM ENDURO

entries are filling really fast...hope to have a date by Sunday
Old 06-11-2009, 01:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Me too.....
Old 06-11-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

What I see at our two tracks for racers that don't travel to a bigger regional races:

racers that only want to club race with a smaller group
racers that will only race at a particular place because of geographic location
intimidation/personality factors
scheduling
cost
Old 06-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

someone pm'd me this...whick I never paid any attention to it but it does say series...I would hope for the up-coming seasons we all are able to race against each other...I know that is a far far shot..but nothing wrong with hoping...

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am R/C Racing Series
R/C Vintage Trans-Am Racing. Welcome to the home for the newly created Vintage Trans-Am 1/10th scale R/C road racing class, based on 4wd touring cars. ...

www.usvintagetransam.com/ - 7k - Similar pages

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.