Old 06-10-2009, 12:54 PM   #5237
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
What is it an example of?
lack of communication? (how did i get involved in this? bad timing, that's all).
Old 06-10-2009, 12:55 PM   #5238
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thats true....but the web site will allow info to be submitted, just like the tracks...and the up-coming event section can be the guilde....but if nothing else ..give the small jobs to the regions and let them work on it....

Pres..R.KING

northeast
southeast
midwest
western
ect...they will talk with the local tracks in the area and make plans for the 2010 season .....that way you will have BIG Champioship races that dont overlap and cause small turn-outs....

imagine getting 50+ at the 4-6 big vta races in a summer?....

its a way to make it work, this might not be it ...buts its a way..
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 06-10-2009, 01:02 PM   #5239
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
I'm confused and not following you. What is it an example of? And what does 11th and 12th mean?

I plan on coming back to the Chi for the AA race in July, wont make the Aug race due to local points race..maybe?...but if the AA race was on July 11,12th ..I most likely wouldnt come...only cause I know how important it is to support new Trans-am classes popping up..if by some reason you guys didnt know... and put that race on another big on-road/vta race date...it would be hard for ppl to decide...the plan is to get VTA to grow with large turn-outs that shows intrest in the class...and when ppl see thats its the pooh...thay will want to run it as well...
Old 06-10-2009, 01:08 PM   #5240
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
I think what he is saying is that the USVTA should have a hand in organizing VTA races across the country..if nothing else have tracks that are running VTA championships..like the Music City Champs(40 cars last year) to submit the info say by Jan 1..so it can be looked at with the official eye....

the Beat The Heat is a good example..they changed the date which made the GA On-road champs seem second nature..GA might change the date but not for sure yet...but both are very important races for the Southeast region...with alot of VTA racers attending...

just like with the RC PRO series ..we need a little guilding light so the race directors can make it work for all...

I really donít understand what it is you guys are looking for? The USVTA wasnít started to help run series races or schedule races.....it was started to help organize the rules and keep everyone in the same boat as far as what they are racing across the country. If you are looking for more than that from it I donít know if you will ever really find that.

What you are looking for would be like asking ROAR to step in and schedule every single 1/8th scale off road race/series/big event across the country....thatís never going to happen. They are going to have their races that they put on and thatís it.

If you are looking at races that overlap then thatís something that needs to be taken up with the race/series promoters. If they pick a date and then another race pops up on the same date then they the two races need to work with each other if they are close enough to effect turn out. In the end if you are talking about 4 or 5 racers that might skip one race to go to another race on the same day then itís not really a big deal.

I personally donít think the USVTA should have anything to do with setting a schedule for races/series/race unless itís a race they are running or supporting out of their own pocket. If these races wanted to pay for the USVTA to plan and schedule these things then Im sure the USVTA would be willing to do that but thatís not going to happen. The Trans AM class isnít that big to justify someone paying the USVTA to do something like that. If you are talking about a race that might have 20 to 40 guys max at it that wouldnít be very cost effective. Again this isnít what the USVTA is about its about setting a standard for the rules for the classÖ..beyond that its up to the race directors to sort out the other details.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:12 PM   #5241
Tech Champion

thanks for the info...
Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 PM   #5242
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
I plan on coming back to the Chi for the AA race in July, wont make the Aug race due to local points race..maybe?...but if the AA race was on July 11,12th ..I most likely wouldnt come...only cause I know how important it is to support new Trans-am classes popping up.n:
Oh, now I see. Well just so it's known how the dates were chosen......

The Track and Strictly Raceway saw the AA as a "regional race" mainly directed at racers within the Chicago area at large. We know there will be some racers who will come from far away but no one was counting on it. The dates were chosen based on what's happening here locally. And also based on the availability of those that help out. Both tracks use parking lots that are in malls and there are other businesses that come into play in terms of use of the lots. We're lucky here to have so many racers that support on road electric racing here in town.
Old 06-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #5243
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think the USVTA should get involved with race orginization,I agree that its really just an established set of rules somewhat like ROAR but why not have VTA regionals or a series in which the nationals would come into play where a points champ is crowned or what have ya somewhat like the midwest series this past season with teams and individualls.. The final race would be at the nationals....I am not saying that the USVTA should do everything but they should be involved some what only in the set event races not saying they should worry about every little race...
Old 06-10-2009, 03:25 PM   #5244
Tech Addict

Darkside..as much as we want it to..it just aint going to happen...just like trying to cordinate big races or points series around southeast/TN area...you see how that went..it didn't. clubs will create schedules that are best for themselves. We can't really blame them for it.. We were just wanting a little something bigger than a 'big' race, like regional racing, but not a full blown roar nat. But from what I've seen in my short time in RC...it's about impossible to get 2 or 3 tracks to have a nonconflicting schedule....try it across 10 or more! It could be done if all race dirs wanted it, but doubt everyone is willing to put in the effort. hard enough just keeping the RC'n going locally nowadays...
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
Old 06-10-2009, 03:29 PM   #5245
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is my take.

While the USVTA as it stands today may have started out as something in the greater Chicago area, it is growing beyond that. What racers are asking for is a common area that they can share event information. I don't believe that it is unreasonable to have a race calendar located on the USVTA website.

It would be nice to have officially recognized USVTA events or series. Being an official USVTA event might mean that tech would be run a specific way, or that official USVTA number decals would be provided (at the cost of the event organizer), or basically you would know what to expect at an official USVTA event from the minute you showed up until trophies were awarded.

There is nothing wrong with individual tracks/promoters having their own VTA events. But what the racers are saying is that they really enjoy this class and want to attend VTA events with more entries and are willing to travel to do so. All some of us are asking is for the USVTA to take a more active role in helping all of us have a way to ensure each VTA event is the biggest and best it can be.
Old 06-10-2009, 03:36 PM   #5246
Tech Champion

i like that..thanks Brian
Old 06-10-2009, 06:27 PM   #5247
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Ok guys...
I think that we could have a calendar on the site so that everybody can see where they stand as far as a schedule for races. That would be helpful to everyone.

However, I cannot play referee to track owners or groups as to when they want to schedule races. I have no way to stop anyone from doing anything they would like to do with a schedule. If a calendar on the site will help to sort things out, that's a fine thing.

I also question how many people are traveling all over for these races. I know the dedicated group from Indy has traveled, as well as Darkside and others from down south. Sometimes, though, it has been hard getting people from Milwaukee to Chicago and vice versa (Even Chicago to the suburbs...).

I also have no problem designating events USVTA recognized. My main contention is that the rules would have to be the national rules, no "local exceptions". It would be up to the track to enforce this, as it's a one man show over here.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 06-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #5248
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
the cool thing about our local track is they don't force you to the 3 body types as long as it's not not a truck or a TC body anything mostly goes. so I'm waiting for the 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR body from hpi that just came out.

Yowsa !! So where did you see this body at ? HPI website has nothing on it.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:36 PM   #5249
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Woops, spoke to soon. Shame it appears to be only for the Cup Racer mini chassis.
Old 06-10-2009, 06:53 PM   #5250
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeah that body only fits the new Cup car

I think a calendar would work great, even if it was just simply Excel sheets that users could view. Perhaps instead of a literal calendar, just chronological listings of upcoming events. Directors and organizers could be able to submit the what, when, and where to the site for everyone to view.

I love a good RC trip, as I'm sure Rob knows I've seen him at Chicago twice and Ft. Wayne twice I think. If there was to be a decent turnout or it was a special occasion I'd gladly try to attend (schedule permitting).

If there are "local exceptions" to be worried about that sort of information could be posted on the calendar, also.

Example would be posting something like "FDR governed to 4.8-5.2" or "XXXX is allowed" with the race-day information. That way no one would show up and be (un)pleasantly surprised.

Date, location, time, race format, and any special conditions/"house rules". There ya go, 5 columns on a spreadsheet. Just my idea...... would be less clutter on a webpage, also, and easier to modify.