R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2009, 11:45 PM   #5131
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,567
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

I love the VTA tires..mine are hooked..except in Ark...dont know what the deal was...
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 01:28 AM   #5132
Tech Master
 
cwoods34's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Indy-freakin'-ana
Posts: 1,156
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Until you do get them broken in, the HPI tires will drive like crap......

I've gotten away with only cleaning off the tires with motor spray and no traction compound at Winthrop, Illinois, due to the very high traction that day.
cwoods34 is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 08:13 AM   #5133
Tech Master
 
IndyRC_Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quick VTA racing recap from Indy Slots on Friday. Turnout was a bit light with only 12 cars. However, the racing was very good. Top 4 cars in the A main each lead for a portion of the 8 minute main. Pegasus Mustang/TC4 took the win followed by 2 HPI Camaro/TC5's.
__________________
I'm currently racing VTA. Check here for rules/info: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/
IndyRC_Racer is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 10:18 AM   #5134
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

i wish that new hpi corvette was aloud i love corvettes
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 12:14 PM   #5135
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 195
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

I am running a TC5R setup for my VTA class Asphalt...

any setup ideas... I looked at the tc10.com website and found nothing really specific about VTA setups..

Any help would be great.
1995_corvette is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 03:10 PM   #5136
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,567
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

the stock rubber tire setup is a good start....it works great on carpet and descent on asphalt...might have to do some tweeking o your drivin skill...but you also might look in the vta tuning thread as well
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 05-24-2009, 03:13 PM   #5137
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,567
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-tuning-q.html
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform/OTT/1UP
Apex Raceway and Hobbies
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 03:21 PM   #5138
Tech Champion
 
robk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Posts: 7,586
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.
__________________
A mutually re-enforcing cascade of failure

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
robk is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #5139
Tech Elite
 
cyclone x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gaithersburg MD
Posts: 2,547
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by robk View Post
Three Rivers Festival Vintage Trans-Am Race Saturday July 11
Three Rivers Festival in Fort Wayne, IN

This official Three Rivers Festival event will be held outdoors on a street course on Calhoun street just west of Headwaters Park in downtown Fort Wayne, IN. Pit space with electricity will be available in the pavillion in Headwaters park. Three heats and a main will be run with all heats and mains being 8 minutes. Entry fee for pre-registrations will be $25 and $35 day of race. Each entry will recieve a free T-shirt and entry tickets for the door prize drawings. Trophies will be awarded. With the turnouts that Summit Raceway had at this past season's Vintage Trans-Am Midwest Super Series event, and the VTA class at the ROAR Region 5 Onroad, we are expecting a great crowd. Check out the flyer and registraion form HERE.
Links to the flyer and entry can also be found at the Summit R/C Raceway website at www.summitrcraceway.com, and at the Three Rivers Festival website at www.trfonline.org.
Also check out the many other events taking place during the Festival. The racing will take place withing walking distance of the Verizon Events Pavillion, Arts in the Park display, the Meijer Fest Unlimited with kiddie rides, helicopter rides, bungee jumping and climbing wall, the Crafter's Market and of course Food Alley with a huge selection of festival foods to enjoy.
does anybody know how far this track is from gaithersburg Maryland
__________________
Chase Chandler
Sponsors:HOTBODIES Express .The Track. Stevo Racing
Cars: VE8, F104 PRO, B4.1, HPI BLITZ, Losi SCTE
cyclone x is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #5140
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone x View Post
does anybody know how far this track is from gaithersburg Maryland
Trip distance: 533.9 mi Time: 8 hrs 53 mins....give or take a little bit....
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #5141
Tech Addict
 
wiscnitro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Reedsburg,WI
Posts: 606
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

is there any VTA events that happen in the Wisconsin area? I see places like Chicago,Indiana kind of midwest. im sure others have asked about there city. ive looked one old posts and never seen anything for our area thats a ROAR Sanctioned event. how dose it work when a city is decided were a event would happen? Madison would be a good area for our state since its prity much centeral wisconsin or am I just wishfull thinking?
__________________
Hold my beer and watch this! :)
wiscnitro is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 07:02 PM   #5142
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Janesville, Wisconsin
Posts: 2,861
Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)
Default

wiscnitro,
Well you are alittle to late. There were two races this past winter at RCP. There was a Big T/A race at The Track a couple of months ago. I am pretty sure there will be a couple series races this Fall/Winter. Trackside, The Track and hopefully RCP will have a Series Race of some sort.
Dave
dragracer72nova is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #5143
Tech Elite
 
nashrcracer's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: LA - Lower Antioch
Posts: 4,911
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Trip distance: 533.9 mi Time: 8 hrs 53 mins....give or take a little bit....
come on I made it back from Cleveland OH after the carpet nats which was 514 miles in 6:50 and had to stop for gas only once.
__________________
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
nashrcracer is offline  
Old 05-26-2009, 09:19 PM   #5144
Tech Elite
 
Greg Sharpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: ...building minis
Posts: 3,237
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Who says the rules don't produce good results! (some sandbagging and intentional fun-having transpired, your results may vary)



We ran right at the 4.2 gear ratio limit on a decently sized 1/10 asphalt track, and that made for some great straightaway battles. The motors came off 120F in the heat of the day, and while I am not sure if any brushed motors raced, if they did, the competition was fairly even with the 21.5BL gear limit in use.
__________________
Why don't we endurance race more often?
Greg Sharpe is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 AM   #5145
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,833
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiscnitro View Post
is there any VTA events that happen in the Wisconsin area? I see places like Chicago,Indiana kind of midwest. im sure others have asked about there city. ive looked one old posts and never seen anything for our area thats a ROAR Sanctioned event. how dose it work when a city is decided were a event would happen? Madison would be a good area for our state since its prity much centeral wisconsin or am I just wishfull thinking?
Like Dave said in the fall/winter there will be a traveling race series and Trans AM is one of the biggest classes raced and there will be races in Wisconsin. If you are looking for racing now check out The Track in Winthrop Harbor they have some Parking Lot races planed for this summer and TA is a class.....they are just a little south of Kenosha just across the border in IL.
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Georgia Vintage Trans Am Racing shadow102 Georgia Racing 725 02-24-2012 09:56 AM
Vintage Trans Am Scottrik Electric On-Road 47 02-24-2012 08:21 AM
Vintage Trans-Am TC hlpressley R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 5 10-23-2008 04:00 PM
Thursday Vintage Trans Am racing at Victory in Green Bay Brian F Wisconsin & Illinois Racing 13 05-10-2008 08:37 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:34 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net