Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyclone x
hey guys i have been racing T/A for awhile do u think they will ever let us run another kind of 21.5
No
Old 05-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

hey guys i have been racing T/A for awhile do u think they will ever let us run another kind of 21.5
Originally Posted by TwoTone
No
To expand on that a bit I would guess you will not see USVTA adopt a motor choice rule. ROAR opened things up a bit for ROAR-sanctioned Vintage Trans Am events so that any approved 21.5 motor will be acceptable at their events and certainly it is up to any individual club as to whether they open things up, choice-wise, or not. BUT (major caveat ahead) anyone who chooses to run a motor other than the Novak 21.5 needs to accept the fact that to run at a USVTA event (ie their Nationals) or at a club that specifically follows USVTA specs that you'd need the Novak 21.5 to compete (no whiners "but I only have..." need apply).
Old 05-19-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by speedsterblade
Nothing better than a 13.1? I give you guys some races w/o me to get faster and nothing...slippen...I guess the no marshals capped everyone back. Figured Nash would have hit the 12's by now...

Definitely be there Friday to add to the turnout.

laps time for Wed practice was 12.5-12.7...check the cpu...and hope to see you there...
Old 05-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

I almost feel sorry for the stray racer that hasnt been into VTA or even RC for very long, and they just cant resist asking about the 21.5 options. Its like they just cant resist and you cant stop them and every one sighs or kicks on the pilot flame.

Hey new guy. We really are glad you are here, but save us all some pain and dont ask that question. Ask anything but that. Ummm and dont ask about other bodies either. I tell you what dont ask about rule changes at all. Just talk about your racing and how much fun you had.

Welcome to VTA. It really is awesome once you nestle in.
Old 05-19-2009, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

a little race report...

May 17th at RC Hobbies in Jonesboro,AR

this past weekend I went to RC Hobbies to run a regular club race..I know it seems to be a long trip just for a club race, but I needed some asphalt practice...and when I posted that I was coming alot of fast guys posted they was going to come to Arkansas to get some TA action..Guess they thought I would have mercy on them..lol..and since it only 45 min drive from my Mom's house , I killed two birds with one stone...(havent seen mom in awhile)

we arrived early with only about 2-3 guys there..with all this driving that would have been enough for me..but within an hour the parking lot started to fill..ended up with "A" and "B" mains.....

the facility was extra nice..the drivers stand was top notch. if I dare to say the nicest Ive been on(Ambush is as well)..the hobby shop was stocked well and the anounce booth was just as nice...the track was asphalt and smooth...nice flowing and well taking care of..it didnt have alot of traction but nice all the same....when they say "WHAT A F%#K'N FACILITY"..thats being light..all around great place to race..

I ran VTA and TCR..and Yung ran VTA..no jr class.....with the practice starting my cars where great...but around the last run in practice my TC5 lost all rear bite...it would come around in the slowest corner...I thought it was just losing grip due to the laps during practice...so i didnt worry about it at the begininng of the 1st qual...but that seemed to be a mistake...it was all over the place...I chased traction all day long..I ran 3 different set of TA tires and nothing, changed setup as well with no results...ended up turning the radio down and running a new set of tires for the main to finish 3rd..behind Q and Melvin Lee...Yung finished 3rd as well in the B-main..he did very well by staying in the middle of the track for the main...

the rules for the track didnt allow for maitanence on the track..and if your ride is out you have to remain on the stand till the end of the race...
no real complaits from me..but the rules for the track are a little strick for club racing...for trophy/money races I understand..but for club????from the tires.... to if you are not on the track with everyone else you dont race..to alot of little things that we at home kinda take for advatage of...thanks Dirla and Tim....

all-in-all the place is awsome..and the racing is stiff with plenty of competition...I will return to race for trophies or money in June...

great race place for VTA...

and no I didnt lose my t-shirt yet...geeez
Old 05-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
finish 3rd..behind Q and Melvin Lee...Yung finished 3rd as well in the B-main..he did very well by staying in the middle of the track for the main...
You let Melvin run VTA? He is a touring car champ looking for an easy trophy.
Just kidding I think Melvin deserves to be in on the fun too. Even if he is a force to be rekoned with. He brings lots of spare parts and fresh humble pie for anyone who wants a slice.
Old 05-20-2009, 04:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

wow - guess everyone else got the point across
Old 05-20-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Tread1
Classic RC Raceways in Akron, Ohio is hosting a 3 hour Trans Am Endurance race on August 2, 2009. The entry fee is $50 per team.

Rules:

* 1 Car per team.
* 3 people on a team. All team members must rotate driving.
* 1 team member must marshall.
* Driver must change with each battery pack change.
* Car must comply with official VTA rules.

The team with the most laps completed at the end of three hours is the winner.

If there are any partial teams or single racers that would like to be on a team, contact either Steve (General) or myself and we will help to group you with others.

1994 E Waterloo Rd Akron, OH 44312
(330) 733-6400
Email: [email protected]
Web Site: www.classicRCraceways.com
I may have drummed up a few guys and gals to come up from Dayton, Columbus and Cincy to join you guys. I want to verify though, you guys are running the official USVT rules correct? We have been running a couple little variations that I will not mention (left the flame proof suit at home), but I want to make sure all that go are on the same page and don't get any suprises.

EDIT: I answered my own question. Amzing what you can find out if you just look. Sorry

Last edited by JCarr; 05-20-2009 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-20-2009, 07:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
laps time for Wed practice was 12.5-12.7...check the cpu...and hope to see you there...

That's more like it! I should be in the 12s with my new tweaks... We'll see tonight.

Glad you had fun in AR, Myron. Sounds like a nice place to race. It would be awesome if we could get a enough folks for seasonal regional VTA races in the southeast..maybe even have the team races also. Cordination is the hard part...but if we start now..maybe by next season we could get all the tracks lined up. ..just an idea for something bigger than club/trophy races but not a national event...
Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JCarr
I may have drummed up a few guys and gals to come up from Dayton, Columbus and Cincy to join you guys. I want to verify though, you guys are running the official USVT rules correct? We have been running a couple little variations that I will not mention (left the flame proof suit at home), but I want to make sure all that go are on the same page and don't get any suprises.

EDIT: I answered my own question. Amzing what you can find out if you just look. Sorry
Be glad to have you guys,if any of them run offroad or oval we have awesome tracks for those too,you can make a weekend of it!

It's going to be a great time and a chance to put a hurting on some of those pesky bigshot team drivers (Chicky,Seaball we are comin for you!)
Old 05-21-2009, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Just a quick note to say that our big USVTA/RCGT race at New Jersey Motorsport Park is coming up on Saturday May 30th....

You probably seen our thread, but in case you haven't, here it is....

http://www.rctech.net/forum/racing-f...-may-30th.html

We'll have a detailed writeup and tons of pics after this event....

If anyone is itching for a road trip, this will be the one....
Old 05-21-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

I feel the need to say it. It would be great if we could get all of the VTA races lined up on a schedule that you could see on one place.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scottrik
To expand on that a bit I would guess you will not see USVTA adopt a motor choice rule. ROAR opened things up a bit for ROAR-sanctioned Vintage Trans Am events so that any approved 21.5 motor will be acceptable at their events and certainly it is up to any individual club as to whether they open things up, choice-wise, or not. BUT (major caveat ahead) anyone who chooses to run a motor other than the Novak 21.5 needs to accept the fact that to run at a USVTA event (ie their Nationals) or at a club that specifically follows USVTA specs that you'd need the Novak 21.5 to compete (no whiners "but I only have..." need apply).
so ur saying like at the snowbirds i could use a tekin 21.5
Old 05-21-2009, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

so ur saying like at the snowbirds i could use a tekin 21.5
Since snowbirds isn't a ROAR event that choice would be up to the snowbirds organizers.
Old 05-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Motor

Originally Posted by Kregger
Since snowbirds isn't a ROAR event that choice would be up to the snowbirds organizers.
Hey Kregger .... Can I use a 8.5 for Vintage?????????

Please ... Please

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.