Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:47 AM   #5011
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Murray View Post
Take a look at the RCGT class. We run them seperate from the USVTA class though....
You are right. RCGT is the closest thing to what I would like to see. Its still faster than what Im looking for. Heck for that matter so is VTA. But yeah RCGT is close.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 AM   #5012
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller tyme View Post
At some point one must ask....if this subject keeps coming up as often as it does, then perhaps it is the rule that is at fault.
Complete fuzzy logic. If you don't like the rules, find a different class. Simple as that.

The rules base for USVTA was created so that individual tracks and racers were not changing a class to suit their own wants & needs, like all of the other classes in all other forms of R/C racing. With a consistent rule package for EVERYONE to use, there would be no question of legality from track to track.

And as it turns out, tracks and racers everywhere still insist on changing the rules to suit their own wants. The flexibility in the rules was intended for weights and FDR limits to be adjusted, not for tracks to arbitrarily outlaw certain speedos or chassis, or allow any 21.5 motor they want, because some local guy is sponsored by another company or that someone else doesn't like purple in their blue anodized chassis.

Over 5000 posts into this thread, it happens every week now. Someone comes in trying to change the rules or "fix" something that doesn't need to be fixed. Everyone is an expert, yet most of these people fail to recognize the popularity and success that this class has already achieved as it was originally designed. It ain't broke, it's not in need of fixing!

After over a year and a half at this, it's obvious to me now that R/C racers are just all hellbent on self destruction. The selfishness and "me-first" attitude that so many people don't even try to hide anymore has really completely soured me on all of it. It's really sad that so many people can't be happy with something good while they have it, but want it to change to make it different for their own purpose. It's no wonder that touring cars are dying and there is a new "hot class" ever season.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #5013
Tech Champion

This kind of reminds me of that Tiger at the zoo that kept getting teased by some guy. The tiger got out and ran past a bunch of perfectly edible people to kill the one guy who kept taunting him. Yup.

So now that Doug is good and ticked, does anyone else want to ask for a rule change?
Old 05-04-2009, 10:02 AM   #5014
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Complete fuzzy logic. If you don't like the rules, find a different class. Simple as that.

The rules base for USVTA was created so that individual tracks and racers were not changing a class to suit their own wants & needs, like all of the other classes in all other forms of R/C racing. With a consistent rule package for EVERYONE to use, there would be no question of legality from track to track.

And as it turns out, tracks and racers everywhere still insist on changing the rules to suit their own wants. The flexibility in the rules was intended for weights and FDR limits to be adjusted, not for tracks to arbitrarily outlaw certain speedos or chassis, or allow any 21.5 motor they want, because some local guy is sponsored by another company or that someone else doesn't like purple in their blue anodized chassis.

Over 5000 posts into this thread, it happens every week now. Someone comes in trying to change the rules or "fix" something that doesn't need to be fixed. Everyone is an expert, yet most of these people fail to recognize the popularity and success that this class has already achieved as it was originally designed. It ain't broke, it's not in need of fixing!

After over a year and a half at this, it's obvious to me now that R/C racers are just all hellbent on self destruction. The selfishness and "me-first" attitude that so many people don't even try to hide anymore has really completely soured me on all of it. It's really sad that so many people can't be happy with something good while they have it, but want it to change to make it different for their own purpose. It's no wonder that touring cars are dying and there is a new "hot class" ever season.

I agree, as I keep reading about all the 'track rules' I feel like it has defeated the entire purpose and work you all put into it.

FDR, and weight are easy to change, ESC, Motors etc.. are not.

One thing I liked about this is that I travel for business. I always check for a local track to run VTA at, if there's one I'll pack my stuff.

Can't do if that track outlaws the esc I have or I don't want to waste the engery going if I'm going to get spanked by a non novak motor.

It appears the fragmentation you tried to eliminate is happening anyway. Hopefully the class can live through it.

Last edited by TwoTone; 05-04-2009 at 01:37 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:04 AM   #5015
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
perfectly edible people

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
So now that Doug is good and ticked, does anyone else want to ask for a rule change?
Well, I'd still like to be able to run that new 'Vette body but I'll be damned if I'm going to bring it up again.
Old 05-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #5016
Tech Addict

Shut up. Be happy. Assimilate. ..it doesn't hurt that bad, you'll only feel a little prick.

I'm not big on the ideal of the local tracks tweaking the rules as long as the field remains even and that non official ustva car rules are not any faster than any compliant setup...the director here got the tweaked rules right and are extremely close to complaint cars... though most all the fast guys are running compliant setups.
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM   #5017
Tech Apprentice

We had 23 VTA cars Friday night. We average about 20 each week. THIS CLASS AND THE RULES WORK!!
Old 05-04-2009, 03:02 PM   #5018
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsterblade View Post
I'm not big on the ideal of the local tracks tweaking the rules as long as the field remains even and that non official ustva car rules are not any faster than any compliant setup...the director here got the tweaked rules right and are extremely close to complaint cars... though most all the fast guys are running compliant setups.
You will find that. I mean if a local track has slightly relaxed rules and some guys show up with "by the letter" cars, usually you will find the perfectly legal cars to be among the fastest.

Look guys there is no VTA police. Doug and posse arent going to show up and make you do it right. However Doug, and others we dont know about have put a lot of time into developing the rules and the website. So now any club can say,"The rules are on this website" and your newbies will know what to expect when they come and race. You dont have to do it locally like they do it in the USVTA, but if you dont comply then you cant really make use of the website, rules and organization.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post

Well, I'd still like to be able to run that new 'Vette body but I'll be damned if I'm going to bring it up again.
There was a racer on here that had a Pantera shell. He runs it locally and they are ok with it, but he knows that if he travels to another track, he should have a legal shell ready. He also knows theres no way in hell he can race that at a national event. Thats what the website and the rules are for. Its so everyone can point at it and say,"We run that."

Once I showed up with a Herbie painted Beetle Cup HPI shell and was just going to have some fun. The local VTA class invited me to run with them. Just because a Herbie in the VTA field would be hilarious.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 05-04-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:57 PM   #5019
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What Snoopy said is generally correct. The idea is a cohesive set of rules that are the national standard. If you want to run something different locally, that's fine. We have set up something that is there so you can set your car up to be legal everywhere. Changing locally is fine, but don't ask the national rule set to be altered because you want something different for yourself. If your track says any 21.5, enjoy. Nova bodies, enjoy Silver can motors and a 6.0 ratio, great The rules on the USVTA web site won't be changed just for you , however.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 PM   #5020
Tech Champion

SOOOOOO...None of you raced this past weekend?
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 05-04-2009, 06:08 PM   #5021
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
The weather complicated things, a bit.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-curwx_325x220.jpg  
Old 05-04-2009, 07:20 PM   #5022
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

I don't mean to butt into your thread,but I was just wondering if there was anyone in SoCal that might also be interested in VTA? Right now I'm racing a M03/Rover Mini & an ABC Datsun 510,but I'd love to finally run a 1/10th vintage American car. I have a couple guys that just run around with 65 Shelby & 'Cuda shells,but it wold be cool to start up a VTA race at a local track or at least a parking lot. Hoping there are a few more guys out there that want to join!-Mike
Old 05-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #5023
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe View Post
The weather complicated things, a bit.
we sent out an invite to all the surround tracks...Memphis,GA,AL,KY...I guess we a lucky to have a 95x50 carpet track in case of rain..alot of us was looking forward to running outside...but mother nature has the final say...

but we a very exciting Sunday of TA racing...we had 18 Pro and 4 Jr's....it was our 1 st points race for TA....it turns out that this is still the best class for on-road...and all the speedo and 21.5 stuff doesnt mean nothing...I raced against every combo out there incl our rules...and it was as even as it gets..

just for some info...every chassis...TC5,4,3...Xray 005,6,7,8,9,....Tamiya...and so on..also Novak 21.5,17.5...Trinity 17.5,21.5...27t with all different kinds of speedos...LRP SPX,TC Spec,...Novak GTB, Tekins RS Pro, Novak GTX, GTS and so on...and thats just what I know...

all the racing was very good and the cleanest driving Ive seen in a long time..
It was all about driving....make a mistake and you goto the back of the line...I really had to run a perfect line to keep my lead over Speedster....my battery wasnt fully charged and out running him wasnt going to be the case..just goes to show ...doesnt matter whats under the hood...driving, even above setup is #1....

also our Jr TA belt was on the line for the 1st time...we saw 4 Jr's battle for the right to call themself...weekly champ and....points leader...he will hold on to the belt until May 31st...when he will defend it again...cya..oh here is the link to check out all the info........

http://www.coolspringsracing.com/
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-champ.jpg  
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 05-06-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 07:46 PM   #5024
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
This upcoming Sunday in Palm Bay, Florida at the Space Coast Harley-Davidson Dealership.

Talk about great venue! Electricity on site, bathrooms in the dealership, sweet bikes to drool over while you're not racing... Evoracer got us the hook-up!
Old 05-04-2009, 08:03 PM   #5025
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have fun out there PJ, it's a great venue.
Closed Thread