U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Nexus is close to you as well as Prime Time

http://www.rctech.net/forum/georgia-...own-setup.html
Nexus is at the foot of Dobbins Air Force Base.
Try www.nexusracing.net
Prime time is up in Calhoun. Real nice Tarmac racing for the summer.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TwoTone
Sorry my sarcasm didn't come through. Just sick of people saying 27t/4cell can't compete instead of saying my old junk I don't want to work on can't compete.
Having had two good finishes in this class running 4 cell with a 27 turn motor (which I am fairly competent at tuning), let's be honest - it can struggle to compete depending on the track. I (and the 2nd place 27t guy) had to drive an absolutely perfect race to stay on the same lap as the guy who won with the 21.5 this week. Last week, motor and gearing was less of an issue as there was not much of a straight to speak of and the car did not need the huge range of power is does this week from the super tight infield to the wide open 7 seconds of straight...

I'm likely to continue to compete with the 27t until I can't cut the comm anymore...
Old 05-02-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

If Dirla/Nash hasnt already offered...Thunder RC in Nashville,TN will be running indoors as well this Sunday...we were supposed to run outside but you see that change happening all over the south this weekend...Memphis,AL.GA all got wet...sucks...but 95x50 carpet track is a good fix...we are running 17.5 touring rubber and TA...but yall are welcome to bring it all...cya and stay dry
Old 05-02-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reenmachine
The T-shirt says it all! That and the intimidating snarl.

wow I'm the skinny guy in the middle by the looks of it.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by wiscnitro
VTA is gona turn into a Open class because Novak,LRP, Ect are gona come out with a even better speedo or a even more powerful motor and since there are no rules saying what kind of speedo you can run and so far the only rules is the SS21.5 Novak so someone is gona find somthing that is just gona dominate the field then there will be racers going out and spending more $$ just to be able to keep up. So change the rules now. its up to the track on what you can run but for the bigger events were inspection is done thats were it needs to be inforced. either way its done someone is not gonna be happy but the changes need to be made.
have been racing for many years now , and now that i have gone into vta racing .i started of with 27 turn and 4 cell , then to 17.5 and 4 cell tekin and wanted to make my racing even simpler and went to 21.5 tekin but seeing the rules that is not legel because its not NOVAK ,WHY not run any motor or speed control for this class and not restict the manufactures.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:43 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by ioyasm
have been racing for many years now , and now that i have gone into vta racing .i started of with 27 turn and 4 cell , then to 17.5 and 4 cell tekin and wanted to make my racing even simpler and went to 21.5 tekin but seeing the rules that is not legel because its not NOVAK ,WHY not run any motor or speed control for this class and not restict the manufactures.
Look you aren't going to change the National rules. They have been through this already. There might be a day when they change it. But it's not today.
If you need to run a Tekin see if it's ok at your local club.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The Novak 21.5ss has been the ONLY motor allowed for the T/A LiPo spec for a year now. Why would you buy something else, THEN look at the rules, and THEN complain about the rules?

Hello, McFly...

Old 05-02-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
The Novak 21.5ss has been the ONLY motor allowed for the T/A LiPo spec for a year now. Why would you buy something else, THEN look at the rules, and THEN complain about the rules?

Hello, McFly...

not comeplanning just that was running a tekin with a 17.5 and figured would try with a 21.5 tekin motor and 2400 lipo .if the tekin is not compatable in vta ,then new to the brushless system is the novak workable with the tekin speed control
Old 05-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioyasm
not comeplanning just that was running a tekin with a 17.5 and figured would try with a 21.5 tekin motor and 2400 lipo .if the tekin is not compatable in vta ,then new to the brushless system is the novak workable with the tekin speed control
you can run any motor with the Tekin esc just like with brushed stuff - anyone's motor can run with anyone's speed control.

I run for Tekin, and for this class i run the Novak motor because its the LEGAL motor for the class. any esc is legal, just the 21.5 motor is restricted
Old 05-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by k_bojar
you can run any motor with the Tekin esc just like with brushed stuff - anyone's motor can run with anyone's speed control.

I run for Tekin, and for this class i run the Novak motor because its the LEGAL motor for the class. any esc is legal, just the 21.5 motor is restricted

THANK,,,all i need to now
Old 05-03-2009, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

I would keep and run the Tekin 21.5 and not purchase a Novak 21.5.

2 reasons:
* The Tekin 21.5 is now ROAR approved (even though VTA doesn't care about ROAR)
* Because it is ROAR approved, local tracks are going to have a hard time excluding the newer 21.5 motors that have ROAR approval.

For example, the Spring Fling race at Harbor (the track that ran the VTA Nationals) is allowing any 21.5 motor in their VTA class.

Have fun.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Regular

Our indoor season ended yesterday with an Enduro event.

We basically ran a couple qualifiers to get a base for how fast every was. I then took those numbers and applied a handicap to everyone.

After picking teammate names out of a hat, we ran a 3 leg main at 30 minutes each. First round clockwise, second round counter-clockwise, third round was a coint toss.

We got pretty lucky because each of our regular A-main drivers got teamed up with a B-main drive. But that really didn't matter with the handicaps.

After pit stops, driver changes, and 90 minutes of racing the five race teams were within 3 minutes or each other.

This was the first time we've ever tried a handicap system and with a couple more rounds of qualifying, the racing would have been even closer.

The handicap system was something you would see in golf while applying an "anti-sandbagging" formula you would see on that "Pinks" show.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by xevias
I would keep and run the Tekin 21.5 and not purchase a Novak 21.5.

2 reasons:
* The Tekin 21.5 is now ROAR approved (even though VTA doesn't care about ROAR)
* Because it is ROAR approved, local tracks are going to have a hard time excluding the newer 21.5 motors that have ROAR approval.

For example, the Spring Fling race at Harbor (the track that ran the VTA Nationals) is allowing any 21.5 motor in their VTA class.

Have fun.
however, if you choose to follow the USVTA rules and not make your own or expect your track to allow you to make your own rules, you NEED the novak motor.

Local track WILL NOT have problems enforcing the one motor rule - the ROAR rules will only apply to ROAR sanctioned event like a regional or nationals (which, btw, will not include VTA this year)

So stop coming into this thread and trying to change the rules. this has all been beaten to death over the last 6 months - and guess what, the UVSTA rules haven't change
Old 05-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Tech Champion

on a non 'let's-change-the-motor-rule' topic, has anyone seen the new McAllister bodies??

http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page6.html

look kind cool

Old 05-03-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Champion

we crowned our 1st Jr TA Champion today...he will have his 1st title defence May 31st ..race report later...stay tuned

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.