Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #4771
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
best car for this class IMO...Ive won a ton of races with mine and beating some of the lastest greatest out there..run silver springs up front and greens in the rear...you cant go wrong...

my TC3...two separate championships to its credit
Thanks for the advice, and nice looking 'stang there. If anyone has any other tips for a newbie with a TC3 in serious need of setup, step right up!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:53 PM   #4772
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spdjunky View Post
In the meantime on a local level, as someone mentioned, add weights to the fastest cars to even things out. I believe there is another track doing that now. Anyone know who has that rule off hand?
We used a "success ballast" scheme our first season of TransAm racing. The top three cars collected a penalty equal to the weight of a single battery cell (75g, iir) so the first two "penalties" were easy to place...just drop cells into the unused slots of your chassis.

It didn't serve it's intended purpose...the cars (believe it or not) continued to get faster the more weight we added. JP and I both had over a half pound of ballast on our cars. Even more funny was that light fender-to-fender contact that would have seen both cars deflected didn't BUDGE the ballasted cars as they worked their way through traffic.

NOW, this was with 4-cell / 19T motors...I'd guess that 27T motors (or 17.5 if you prefer) wouldn't carry quite as much weight, but we've filed the scheme under "nice idea, but...".

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 04-12-2009, 10:24 PM   #4773
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is an idea to help get other kids involved into r/c...TA...I posted this on my home forum..feel free to copy and try it

I will have a special treat for the kids that come out to run Trans-am...

we will have a Championship belt that will be up for grabs every race... April 19th is the first race and it will go around the waist of the winner of the race(among kids)...he or she will have their picture taken a posted on the Coolspringsracing.com web page...until the next race..the winner will defend his or her belt against the racers of the following race.....

I would hope the parents would try and make sure the kids return the belt on the next race..if not they will have to forward the belt...I will have two belts just in case of emergency...or more..lol...

I hope this works out for all the kids and parents trying to get the kids out of tv and games...cya on the 19th

oh yeah...free frosty for the kids as well....given its ok with the parents
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 PM   #4774
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Your consistent support and encouragement for kids getting into the hobby has been nothing short of exemplary.

KUDOS!!

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 04-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #4775
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Quote:
AMEN!...

no more talk about rules motors esc 21.5's...the Godfathers will change if they see fit...

why not talk about your race of the week...every week why not some of us chime in on the weekly race report on VTA...and lets take this thread in another direction...thanks...
Thanks for the shove in the right direction batman !! Way to easy to get sucked in to negativity....much harder to stay positive on all fronts. We needed somebody to start swingin the 2x4.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #4776
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Your consistent support and encouragement for kids getting into the hobby has been nothing short of exemplary.

KUDOS!!
Yeah, I'm diggin it too!!!! Nice Job Darkside....pretty cool idea with the "belt".....LOL
Old 04-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #4777
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Quote:
we will have a Championship belt that will be up for grabs every race... April 19th is the first race and it will go around the waist of the winner of the race(among kids)...he or she will have their picture taken a posted on the Coolspringsracing.com web page...until the next race..the winner will defend his or her belt against the racers of the following race.....

We have been using the Championship Belt idea around here for a good while at our local track. It really gets a lot of attention and everyone seems to get a kick out of fighting it out for the World Championship belt every weekend.

Its awesome that you are using it to get more Kids into racing I hope it really works great down there too.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:18 AM   #4778
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran a greatly reduce FDR this past weekend - 6.0. While it didn't affect my car in the infield that much it did feel like the car lacked a little something overall. It was generally easier to drive, but the minor difference in speed may have masked prior handling issues (with the driver and car). I was qualified 3rd out of 22 cars.

In the main, I drove poorly. This was partially due to short turning too many corners. I conservatively estimated where I would have placed without the errors and I would have been top 3 not far from the leader.

There were a number of drivers that tried a "slower" FDR at our track this past Friday. All of us felt that our cars were easier to drive. One driver who is normally a "C" main driver improved by 3 laps and made the "B" main.

The point of posting this information is not to call for a reduced FDR for the USVTA class or to otherwise change, limit or restrict the current set of rules. It is simply an example of how a track or individual racers have options (for setting FDR that are already in the rules) that may have a benefit on local or individual racing.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:23 AM   #4779
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
this is an idea to help get other kids involved into r/c...TA...I posted this on my home forum..feel free to copy and try it

I would hope the parents would try and make sure the kids return the belt on the next race..if not they will have to forward the belt...I will have two belts just in case of emergency...or more..lol...

I hope this works out for all the kids and parents trying to get the kids out of tv and games...cya on the 19th

I wish more kids would show up at our track, for now it's more of son and father time.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #4780
Tech Addict

Quote:

Battman does give 100%+ trying to grow our hobby and help get new racers into to racing. Props to you my friend. You've been a big factor in keeping RC racing alive locally ..and thanks for the indirect reminder to bring WW's son camaro body he won. My soon to be step son would rather sit in front of the xbox all day. he's not my blood & they won't let me beat him.
#47 MoneyShot Racing
www.nashrcracer.com
http://thunder.rc50.com/
SMC - Customer Service 2nd to None! (thanks Dan!!)
Old 04-13-2009, 03:21 PM   #4781
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I ran a greatly reduce FDR this past weekend - 6.0. While it didn't affect my car in the infield that much it did feel like the car lacked a little something overall. It was generally easier to drive, but the minor difference in speed may have masked prior handling issues (with the driver and car). I was qualified 3rd out of 22 cars.

In the main, I drove poorly. This was partially due to short turning too many corners. I conservatively estimated where I would have placed without the errors and I would have been top 3 not far from the leader.

There were a number of drivers that tried a "slower" FDR at our track this past Friday. All of us felt that our cars were easier to drive. One driver who is normally a "C" main driver improved by 3 laps and made the "B" main.

The point of posting this information is not to call for a reduced FDR for the USVTA class or to otherwise change, limit or restrict the current set of rules. It is simply an example of how a track or individual racers have options (for setting FDR that are already in the rules) that may have a benefit on local or individual racing.
I think I ran a 4.8 at your track when I qualified for the A a few weeks back. I'm not sure what everyone else was usually running then.
Old 04-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #4782
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Believe it or not, I got away with an A-Main win running a 4.2, and I've won with a 4.4 also. Crazy!
Old 04-13-2009, 04:47 PM   #4783
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwoods34 View Post
Believe it or not, I got away with an A-Main win running a 4.2, and I've won with a 4.4 also. Crazy!
Holly friggin Moses!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #4784
Tech Champion

thanks guys..I just believe that it will come a time when we will hang up our radios and someone has to pick one up in order for the hobby to live...

dont worry TQ...he will come around...or you could do like me and limit game play ...they get 3 hours a week...spread it out however they like...let him know we are expecting a good crowd this 1st race..

also Ive geared my TC5 at 5.0 for this Sunday race...
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 04-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #4785
Tech Adept

Hey Guys,

Could someone tell me about how to register my local track with VTA.
I am trying to get this class started. We have been running a Nostagila class which includes, pre 70s body, 1800 nicd battery, 21t brushed motor, 100spur with 28 29 30 pinion on tc3s and 4s. But I had a chance to go to MIMI's in Maryland for the Northeast Grand Slam series and ran VTA that was awesome novak 21.5 2s lipo, 4.2 gearing. I have gotten on the website and try to register but it won't let me. Our local rc club website is www.OVRCCC.com.
Closed Thread