Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MMS1

which Bolink bodieswill they be ??????
Old 03-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #4382
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Bolink has a '68 Camaro and a '65 Mustang body that will be added to the rules.

Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #4383
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to MMS1
Thumbs up

cool thanks
Old 03-08-2009, 08:52 PM   #4384
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Bolink has a '68 Camaro and a '65 Mustang body that will be added to the rules.
Just out of curiosity, why? They're both basically already done by HPI and much better, at that.
Old 03-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #4385
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thanks Doug that was an excellent answer. I can see Reen's point. I also think the Bolinks dont look that great compared to the HPI. However I can remember when those Bolink shells were all we had that even suggested it was an old muscle car. So I guess Im a little sentimental about them. Plus since they are just a little bit ugly to start with, its not so heart breaking when you slide twelve feet across asphalt on your roof. I actually wasnt sure if they were in production anymore. I dont think I need to go into that.

Last edited by snoopyrc; 03-08-2009 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #4386
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Just out of curiosity, why? They're both basically already done by HPI and much better, at that.
Not really. I have been useing the 68 Bolink Camaro body. Much stronger front end, factory molded rear spoiler , which is very very durable, and a realistic cowl hood.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #4387
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Message of support to VTA

I just received a TA05 that was already set up for VTA and I cant tell you how stoked I am. This will be my first entry into VTA racing.
As the originator of a local club and the guy who put up all the money for a drivers stand, pvc, road rails, timing system, etc, I've worked hard off and on for 5+ years to offer a program that was fun and competitive but always with the thought of affordability and again.....FUN.
Started with Touring which started fine but after to much "hardcore" influence it died out. Currently Drifting but that seems to have taken a dive. Still fun but the thrill of racing isn't there and I think thats part of the problem in addition to it being very much a niche class.
Being a Tamiya guy, I valued the rules and class offerings of the Tamiya Challenge series but.....That means you instantly have to force the use of Tamiya products.Although I love them, the freedom of choice isn't there which tends to make some people unwilling to be a part of things.
Enter VTA... a program that offers people an oppurtunity to buy a wide variety of chassis so they can follow their whims, a choice of power components that are competitive but allow for varying skill levels and financial commitments and the ability to allow drivers a way to be creative without worrying about having to have a rolling piece of artwork. (although simple paint schemes can be just as artful).
I for one hope and encourage VTA to stick to their guns and not bend in regards to motor/esc combos and allowed bodies. I'm willing to put my faith and trust in your judgement in the hopes that I will FINALLY have found a program that has wide appeal and a commitment to FUN level racing.
It's all I ever wanted from this hobby and I think there are others who want that too. I'm banking on it and look forward to building a successful program from the ashes of the ones that came before it. THANKYOU, I appreciate the effort.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:40 PM   #4388
Tech Elite

Your profile doesn't say where you are or what track is yours.

Go ahead man, do some shameless promotion!

Where's your track?

Once you have a regular class of TA's showing up have your place listed on the USVTA association website.
Old 03-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #4389
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoracer View Post
I for one hope and encourage VTA to stick to their guns and not bend in regards to motor/esc combos and allowed bodies.
I agree with you here. I wasnt asking Doug not to stick to his guns, but more or less asking what kind of guns he will be looking to add in the future. I am excited to see this class continue its direction.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:11 PM   #4390
Tech Elite

Thanks. I guess I might as well start pitching the program now. We're in Palm Bay, Florida currently operating in the parking lot of the local Harley-Davidson dealership that I work for. It's a great place to run with 6 acres of concrete, plenty of parking, power for a large number of racers, and since the dealership is open 7 days a week we have access to bathrooms, coffee, free cookies, vending machines and even espresso ! We also have access to being part of any special events that happen at the dealership so there's some great marketing possibilities.
I look forward to giving you guys great progress reports !
Snoopy, my comments weren't directed at you or anybody else. After this long in the hobby I respect all the various opinions and thoughts. I hope we all want the program to succeed. I was just expressing a sudden thought after I got my new/used car and I had to share the good vibe.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #4391
Tech Apprentice

Default Free coffee AND Harley's?

...man sounds like it time to get out of Cali! I don't know about that whole hurricane thing though, gimmie the threat of an earthquake over a hurricane any day, lol.

Gotta say this forray is already fun and I haven't even put car to pavement yet...spent a couple hours last night setting up my chassis simply by canibalizing cars I had sitting on the shelf, and it looks like the only thing I need to actually go out and purchase is a new pinion, some body posts, and the body/wheel combo... what other class can you say that about?

Looks like I will have to break down and buy a digital camera though...some how I don't think Polaroids on my scanner are gunna cut it around here, lol

-M
Sand Scorcher
Old 03-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #4392
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

FINALLY! VTA in Florida and just up the road from my town... Evo has already been in contact with me and I'm looking forward to running my Pro4 in VTA trim!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #4393
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pejota View Post
FINALLY! VTA in Florida and just up the road from my town... Evo has already been in contact with me and I'm looking forward to running my Pro4 in VTA trim!
I'm gonna hold you to that !

ChattyMatty....I'd make the same choice. Spent a year out in Monterey, Ca and if I had the choice now I'd go in a heartbeat. But FL isn't bad and now I've got another incentive.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:40 PM   #4394
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reenmachine View Post
Having seen both bodies at my LHS, they are good. Not as detailed as the HPI bodies, but better than Parma. There is no reason why they should not be legal.

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #4395
Tech Champion

Im liking the hood on that Camaro. Almost enough to cut it out and shoo goo it to my HPI Camaro. Seriously though wouldnt that look good?