R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 03:30 PM   #4261
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

With the offset on the HPI Vintage wheels/tires, everything lines up well on the HPI Camaro and HPI Cuda bodies. The HPI Mustangs are a bit narrower in the rear, so you will want to make sure to pay close attention when mounting the body. The Pegasus and Parma bodies are wider but still look fine with the HPI Vintage wheels.

If you aren't satisfied with the spacing on the wheels, you can always use wheel shims to adjust the width of the car. Some chassis also allow some adjustment of width.

In the end, it is just a matter of finding the body you like, throwing your car on the track, and walking off the driver's stand with a smile.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:06 PM   #4262
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I know that its hard to get a shell to look right and I would never take away anything from the guys at HPI. This thing looks great. It really is beautiful. ....... But the roof line looks like a Ford Daytona Coupe. I still love it but that is what it looks like.

As far as the bodies thing goes. VTA in itself is a winning combo and should be left alone. But I think the touring car formula is failing the hobby when it comes to attracting new racers. More classes like the VTA and Mini Cooper should be run in more areas. This kind of thing is definitely where we will find our new blood.

I have often come back to the same idea of a class that runs sports car bodies, D compound treaded tires on the rim of your choice, VTA powertrain choices, and Your choice of either: no wing, cosmetic wing, Drift wing, or a severly neutered TC wing. (specifics later) A functioning Touring wing would be out of the question.
An event like that would look like anything that races on the street. Multiple body styles I think would appeal to more people knowing that they could pick what they liked. A VTA car would be legal to run in this class even though these cars would not be legal in VTA. VTA tires are D compound and treaded, thus fitting into the rules.

And again Dont mess with VTA. This is just an idea for a demo race or if a bunch of guys just wanted to do something with a differrent look. Some of us just love cars......
Old 02-06-2009, 04:11 PM   #4263
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 80 (99%+)

where can one find these pegasus bodies.just got two cars and my boy and i want to run vta. i ran the hpi cuda in the past.but i would like to check out these other bodies.thanks for any help i can get.thanks...don
Old 02-06-2009, 04:13 PM   #4264
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post

I know that its hard to get a shell to look right and I would never take away anything from the guys at HPI. This thing looks great. It really is beautiful. ....... But the roof line looks like a Ford Daytona Coupe. I still love it but that is what it looks like.

As far as the bodies thing goes. VTA in itself is a winning combo and should be left alone. But I think the touring car formula is failing the hobby when it comes to attracting new racers. More classes like the VTA and Mini Cooper should be run in more areas. This kind of thing is definitely where we will find our new blood.

I have often come back to the same idea of a class that runs sports car bodies, D compound treaded tires on the rim of your choice, VTA powertrain choices, and Your choice of either: no wing, cosmetic wing, Drift wing, or a severly neutered TC wing. (specifics later) A functioning Touring wing would be out of the question.
An event like that would look like anything that races on the street. Multiple body styles I think would appeal to more people knowing that they could pick what they liked. A VTA car would be legal to run in this class even though these cars would not be legal in VTA. VTA tires are D compound and treaded, thus fitting into the rules.

And again Dont mess with VTA. This is just an idea for a demo race or if a bunch of guys just wanted to do something with a differrent look. Some of us just love cars......
I would love to see USVTA run with a USVTA style mini class with the Datsuns, Fiats etc...

Scored separately, but run together, that would great to watch
Old 02-06-2009, 04:56 PM   #4265
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Thanks to those who founded and maintain the VTA Class. First on-road class that this 46 year old is looking forward to racing.
idbdoug
Old 02-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #4266
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idbdoug View Post
Thanks to those who founded and maintain the VTA Class. First on-road class that this 46 year old is looking forward to racing.
idbdoug
48 here but I hsare the exact same sentiments. Now if I could just get me car to a track.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:11 PM   #4267
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
I would love to see USVTA run with a USVTA style mini class with the Datsuns, Fiats etc...

I love running different type cars in the same heat. GT style racing would be a blast. I have more fun running on practice day before a bigger race than the race itself. usually running mini's 1/12 and TC cars all at the same time.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #4268
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post

Or just like the real thing if the USVTA got big enough to add a GTU division. I think that would be cool. That HPI Datsun would go well in that class. There's also an Alfa Romeo shell that would be perfect.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:53 AM   #4269
Tech Rookie

We have run multiple 1/18th classes on our track at one time and it was awesome. You had to move over for the faster guys while battling for position in your respective class.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:49 AM   #4270
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default APEXSPEED AND OTHERS

Just would like to thank the founders of the trans am class of racing,I have had a blast this winter running my vintage TC3 and I am very competitive with It even with the 27t 4 cell option.I race three classes of cars and TA Is by far the most fun to run.Thanks again.Chris
Old 02-07-2009, 01:38 PM   #4271
Tech Initiate

The Vintage Trans Am class is the best thing to hit RC racing in a while. There is a lot of enthusiasm for this class in NW Ohio at Van Wert RC Raceway. We have found that VTA "outdoor" rules (21.5 Lipo, 27T/19T/17.5/13.5 four cell OK) makes for GREAT side by side racing on the oval! If everyone shows up we have three 'AAR's, a Mustang, a '63 Vette and my Nova. Admittedly its more like the SCCA AP class. A few more cars are said to be in the works. Attached are a couple of pics from the regular Friday night show at Van Wert on 2/6/09.
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-van-wert-raceway-007.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-van-wert-raceway-012.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-van-wert-raceway-013.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-van-wert-raceway-020.jpg  
Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #4272
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
Just would like to thank the founders of the trans am class of racing,I have had a blast this winter running my vintage TC3 and I am very competitive with It even with the 27t 4 cell option.I race three classes of cars and TA Is by far the most fun to run.Thanks again.Chris
Thanks, you made my day!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:09 AM   #4273
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood View Post
ditto here...actually makes me want to run my TC chassis outside of the HPI Challenges
Old 02-08-2009, 08:51 PM   #4274
Tech Champion

What is this? Is this the Pegasus?

Im pretty sure this is the HPI shell.

But I cant figure out what this one is.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM   #4275
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
What is this? Is this the Pegasus? Parma Boss Mustang