Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM   #3661
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Is there a facility there that could run a road coarse?
Yes, Hobbytown and another LBS in Davenport, IA run road courses in the parking lot. Twin Bridges runs carpet TC, but none of the three run Vintage TA.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:50 PM   #3662
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rced1 View Post
Yes, Hobbytown and another LBS in Davenport, IA run road courses in the parking lot. Twin Bridges runs carpet TC, but none of the three run Vintage TA.
Does anyone else in your area have Trans Am cars set up? I'd personally go to the race director of Twin Bridges and ask them to add the class to the program NOW. Even if its 3 cars. Ask them politely to set it up for 3 or 4 weeks from now to start officially, but try to get them in the program for the next race event if you have 3 ready to go. Announce it at every practice and race event. That is enough lead time to put a car together, practice, get dialed in and race. We don't have a 17.5 rubber touring class locally. So, to help others brush up for the Novak race coming up and using my own advice, I'm getting one started. We will have them on the track this week or next and officially running the first Sunday in January. Asking never hurts.
Old 12-12-2008, 05:27 PM   #3663
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
BS?

Nice way or maybe not so nice way of saying garbage that is posted stating the fast guys are only fast because of their equipment. I have seen first hand what a really clean driving "fast guy" can do with an out of the box tt01 compared to what I could do with one I had worked on. He trounced me and my lap times. Wasnt the equipment it or even set up it was all about his lines and not over driving the car.
Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #3664
Tech Adept

Hey, all,

Not to disrupt all the love that's goin' on now,, Is anyone running a Losi type R??? If so, and you have a good carpet set up, I'd really appreciate it if you'd tell me what it is, Mine goes loosey-goosey to tighty whitey in the span of 2 heats. Obviously, I don't have it right
Thanks,
Laterz
Bob
Old 12-12-2008, 07:49 PM   #3665
Tech Adept

Duh!!!!! Guess what I found on the VTA set up thread???

Laterz
Bob
Old 12-13-2008, 08:24 AM   #3666
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
Nice way or maybe not so nice way of saying garbage that is posted stating the fast guys are only fast because of their equipment. I have seen first hand what a really clean driving "fast guy" can do with an out of the box tt01 compared to what I could do with one I had worked on. He trounced me and my lap times. Wasnt the equipment it or even set up it was all about his lines and not over driving the car.
That's just raw ability, and some have more than others. Not everyone can be a Schumacher, Rossi, or Andretti. Sometimes the best you can do is be second fiddle. Or fifth, in my case. But it beats not racing at all.
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
Old 12-13-2008, 09:11 AM   #3667
Tech Addict

Default WOO HOO! WOO HOO!

It's baaaack in 2009! http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081211/FREE/812119962

It's not as cool as the vintage stuff was back in the day - but it's still a great series.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 12-13-2008, 10:02 AM   #3668
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to f1larry

Speed TV has Monteray Historic Trans Am Racing on Right now
Old 12-13-2008, 05:15 PM   #3669
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadSign View Post
That's just raw ability, and some have more than others. Not everyone can be a Schumacher, Rossi, or Andretti. Sometimes the best you can do is be second fiddle. Or fifth, in my case. But it beats not racing at all.

I agree that is why it motivates me even more to run my car and learn as much about it as possible. LiPos and brushless motors help a guy like me spend more time focusing on running my car than maintaining it. More fun and you get better at twisting the knobs and pulling the trigger.
Old 12-13-2008, 05:21 PM   #3670
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
It's baaaack in 2009! http://www.autoweek.com/article/20081211/FREE/812119962

It's not as cool as the vintage stuff was back in the day - but it's still a great series.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Yep. I love racing series that truly have cars that come from the real thing unlike what Nascar has become.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:45 PM   #3671
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to k_bojar Send a message via AIM to k_bojar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Murray View Post
I hear k_bojar logging in now.....

LMAO!!!! (inside joke)
luckily I was away enjoying some 80+ degree weather and didn't see the normal BS from Scooby....

Runs the rules as is - when Doug has determined it times to modify the rules, it will be posted...

and I guess Scooby, you missed the fact the rule changes WEREN'T GOING TO HAPPEN for the winter, huh? or just wishful thinking?????
Old 12-14-2008, 05:23 AM   #3672
Tech Adept

This is just something we are doing here in NC at the carpet track in Goldsboro(Rosewood) We race oval!!!! Since they have a larger turn out with the oval guys the road course isn't set up this winter, economics at it's best, we joined in, we had 6 last night and more on the way. We run full VTA rules, we had 2 27t/4cell and 4 21.5/lipo. The top 3 cars all ran 5.6 to 5.8 second laps,(yes a 27t was in the hunt). At the end of the main it was a good round of high five's and good run's. I really enjoyed it,as did everyone else. Just a little note about the drivers, my 9 year old daughter qualified 3rd fastest, just 1 lap off the tq, talk about an excited youngster.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anybody was thinking about it.

Laterz,
Bob
Old 12-14-2008, 08:14 AM   #3673
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi nut View Post
Just a little note about the drivers, my 9 year old daughter qualified 3rd fastest, just 1 lap off the tq, talk about an excited youngster.

Just thought I'd pass this along in case anybody was thinking about it.

Laterz,
Bob
My 12 year lil girl and nephew might be a lil jealous about that 3rd place finish..lol...they normally run in Jr TA...but its always the talk around the water cooler for the rest of the week...good to know kids are involved..
Attached Thumbnails
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-wednesday-night-ta-037.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-wednesday-night-ta-040.jpg  
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 12-14-2008, 10:12 AM   #3674
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I agree that is why it motivates me even more to run my car and learn as much about it as possible. LiPos and brushless motors help a guy like me spend more time focusing on running my car than maintaining it. More fun and you get better at twisting the knobs and pulling the trigger.
Keep in mind- fast guys know how to use the best new equipment, unlike some who just slap new stuff on and cross their fingers.
This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it- Psalms 118:24

World Champion Turn Marshall
Old 12-14-2008, 11:16 AM   #3675
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hi all,

I'm starting up a USVTA class at Mikes Hobbies in Dallas.. If your in the area come out and race..

We'll be running USVTA rules..

For newbies we'll allow "run what 'ya brung" for a period of time until your able to get within the rules.

Also, we'll allow concessions for Jr drivers (such as my 3 year old son's TT-01) to allow the cars to be controllable and enjoyable (mostly slower motor).

I hijacked a bunch of your photos of USVTA cars to try to get local folks excited about USVTA, I hope you don't mind.

If you visit the website, I started a USVTA forum thread:

http://www.mikeshobbyshop.com/
Closed Thread