R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 12-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #3646
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

WOW!!!!...I am truly suprised at what I have read over the last 5 or so pages
I thought we all had a goal, and that goal was to promote this class in every form imaginable...Ive said this millions of times...ppl will read into your negative post and run from this class....you guys really dropped the ball and all over some tire warmers and 21.5 motors.....

1st Speedster and I are rivals in a good way...whatever he races, Im not far behind..lol...2wd buggy,truck,4wd,tc,ta, whatever we can run together that weekend....our kids also race each other in our Jr TA class.so no real beef here...also he whoops my tail in 13.5 TC...Im not even in the "A"...thats why He is looking for a "HOOK"...I gave him the tire formula....FYI...its setup...I gave my setup to a "B" guy and he improved by2-3 laps and mad the "A"...he actually lead for 4-5 laps...ITS SETUP

2nd he runs a tc4 and I run tc3 rtr....our cars are pretty much the same other than the setup and battery sometimes...the battery of the month rule doesnt apply with me..Ive run orion 3200,3600,4800's and had very good races...I choose to invest in a $95 SMC battery because a "PRO" told me too
I ran the battery at the MCC and it got me 1st place.PERIOD!

when I ran my 3200 during one of the heats he as well as the rest of the field was very close...the SMC is for the mains..extra punch

3rd who really cares if its 32 or 105 degrees outside and somebody wants to warm up anything..tires,chassis,battery, ect...if its one of those little tricks that might give them a little edge..yeepee..I dont do it cause it doesnt make me any better behind the wheel...

4th Nash is right I did get my motors done every Wednesday before raceday.. why?..cause Ive had them fall off in a race which sucks..dont mind losing..but not like that...also Im usually helping 2 kids, and at least 2-4 adults on raceday...I dont have time to worry about if I ran this or that motor already..but its was 5 [email protected] bucks per motor and $5 to turn them...yes I already had a brushless car but most of our guys dint and I didnt want them to feel like they had to have BL to keep up

5th if a racer finds any advantage to the class...ie spoilers on 65 Mustangs,
that is up to that person...I dont think that any one thing is going to make "you" a faster or slower driver..I am a Ragu lover and use it on all my tires but found out the cold makes it not #1....like said earlier..if you make to much fuss ppl will wonder if "they can us a M11, good servo, threaded shocks ect...keep it simple and if a driver learns a "hook-up" and wants to share let it be what it is "ADVANTAGE"....I share all my secrets...ALL OF THEM..lol

finally....WE RUN 17.5 AND LIPOS WITH A FDR THAT MAKES OUR CARS SLOWER THAN 4 CELL 27T....if we ever goto full USVTA, I beleive the Novak Havock combo is the key to all the Bitching! @ $150 you need to push this to every new and old racer...its he closest you will get to "EVEN" racing w/o a USVTA RTR..minus body and tires/rims..hint hint

to the Godfathers of the Trans-am series...thank you

whew?...did I miss anything?.....fire away
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 12-11-2008 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:29 PM   #3647
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Ooohhhhhh boy.
thats right...but let me clear this up...we were off of what the "Spirit" of this class was...because of te speeds...but once we noticed the different driving experience that allowed us to keep our "FUN,FAIR,CHEAP"..we were all over it..appyling the fdr made the fast guys even things up..and our outta towners be able to run 4 cell and be on par...

but also lets not forget that most racers spirit or not will look for some advantage to over shadow lack of driving skill...make us a rtr out the box TA car a we solve the problem...until then Doug and others ,ppl will complain and whine about anything that doesnt fit them "PERSONALLY"

I own a total of 12 TA cars and all are race ready...Im not caring about putting 3 laps on the field...I havent changed or fixed on my tc3's since April,,

maintance free....rather learn how to paint better looking bodies...done around 20 or so....lol....

oh well Ive taking up enough space o make up forthe last month or so

new subject......have yall seen the 2008 Hot Wheels with the vintage paint and look with numbers and all
Old 12-11-2008, 10:42 PM   #3648
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I drove to Nashville in late summer and raced against Darkside. His pit was certainly packed full of cars.

I will say that they ran a fun trophy race including drinks/food. They had 40 VTA cars for that event which was cool to see.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #3649
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyRC_Racer View Post
I drove to Nashville in late summer and raced against Darkside. His pit was certainly packed full of cars.

I will say that they ran a fun trophy race including drinks/food. They had 40 VTA cars for that event which was cool to see.
thanks sir, you are welcome anytime..we will have a great outdoor track next year with hobbyshop on site...alot of big things planned....we also have the winter racing going and with one of the largest indoor carpet tracks in the region, our race program is a blast...

some of our guys are already running 21.5 lipo and are still just as fast...but I think with that Havok we will see more going that route...
Old 12-12-2008, 06:14 AM   #3650
Tech Adept

Wallstreet - sent you a PM
Old 12-12-2008, 07:23 AM   #3651
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Does anyone know of a track that runs TA west of Chicago in Illinois? The USVTA does not seem to have been caught on in the Peoria or Quad City area.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:04 AM   #3652
Tech Elite

Now's your opportunity to become an Apostle of TA!
Old 12-12-2008, 09:08 AM   #3653
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Yet another frustrated B-main TC contender is heard from. Please, do everyone a favor and continue to polish your mad speed skills there.

Hey thanks there randomman finally someone is recognizing all my hard work. Now more to the point of what I was saying. The rules are laid out and seem quite simple. The object of racing is to go as fast as you can while staying within the rules and finish first. Sometime you have the fastest car to do this, sometimes you spin the wheel tighter to the boards, and sometime you practice patience to pick the right places to pass. Then again sometimes you use all 3. What I have never seen any racer who has a passion for the sport do is on purpose make sure you dont go as fast as you can to win.

Jumping into the class as soon as possible. Why because I love to race.....btw i will be the guy trying to make my car go faster within the rules.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:13 AM   #3654
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Yet another frustrated B-main TC contender is heard from. Please, do everyone a favor and continue to polish your mad speed skills there.

By the way I will be using a TC4 RTR for my chassis......in the Spirit of VTA.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:14 AM   #3655
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rced1 View Post
Does anyone know of a track that runs TA west of Chicago in Illinois? The USVTA does not seem to have been caught on in the Peoria or Quad City area.
Is there a facility there that could run a road coarse?
Old 12-12-2008, 09:48 AM   #3656
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
The rules are laid out and seem quite simple. The object of racing is to go as fast as you can while staying within the rules and finish first.
At the bottom of the USVTA rules is this:

"..... The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final."

If week after week, every time you race you are way way ahead of the rest of your track's other racers and win every week I can't see how that would be fun for you?

It would seem acceptable for your race director to ask you to gear differently.

Besides the actual car going around the track during a race day there's also the socialization factor of being at a race. I would think winning week after week might hinder that for you, if you weren't helping everyone else to go as fast as you with your pit skills.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:14 AM   #3657
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 111 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
And now for something completely different...

Is scale racing influencing REAL racing?
Sweet, but too bad no Road America date.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:57 PM   #3658
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
At the bottom of the USVTA rules is this:

"..... The class is based on slower, equal playing field competition with less traction, minimal aerodynamic aids and mostly older carpet racing technology. The final objective is close, fair, wheel-to-wheel racing for all. All decisions of the race promoter or track owner are final."

If week after week, every time you race you are way way ahead of the rest of your track's other racers and win every week I can't see how that would be fun for you?

It would seem acceptable for your race director to ask you to gear differently.

Besides the actual car going around the track during a race day there's also the socialization factor of being at a race. I would think winning week after week might hinder that for you, if you weren't helping everyone else to go as fast as you with your pit skills.
Ahhh the assumption is that I dont maybe some of my fellow racers can throw me a bone here. I do help in anyway possible. I loan out tools, gear, parts, advise, set up sheets, and have even taken cars home to set up myself to help any fellow racer that asks. I have never refused anyone. I keep no secrets to myself. If my car is fast I lay it all out so that you can take what I am doing and use it for yourself.

Actually I am not the fastest guy at my track. The fastest guy(s) have helped me though and at the last big race I managed to finish higher than any of them. I ran a good race and their coaching was a huge factor in that. I pass on my knowledge and plan to continue to pass on my knowledge every change I get. They (Fast guys) never sandbagged though nor would I expect them to. We have cars that are the same.

I have heard all the bs on this and in most cases it is NOT the equipment. I have watched the (fast guys) take a car that is not set up as well or straight out of the box and turn laps anywhere from a 1/10 to full second a lap faster than I. Penalizing them for this makes now sense to me what-so-ever. Is that what this class is about?

Last edited by Gain Time; 12-12-2008 at 02:00 PM. Reason: better explain my point
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #3659
Tech Champion

Gain Time,

I think the assumption was you were from the go fast at all expense crowd. If you're within the rules at your location and the racing is close, more power to you. I've found that practice and setup, like you have, is more important than general equipment. Now that I've settled in, I'm done buying until something breaks. I'm within the National USVTA rules so I can race anywhere (I do have one ROAR approved lipo) and my lap times are coming down nicely. My car gets cleaned, lubed, adjusted and run hard. I get better. My car gets better. Racing gets tighter. We all have more fun. We do not destroy cars as we can only go so fast.

I still hold true to the idea that anyone who has one of these cars needs to slap the transmitter in someones hand and say take it for a spin. Mind you I've given kind warning about not pushing the car past their comfort or skill level (or my comfort level if I've seen them race before), they are still plenty fast.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 PM   #3660
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gain Time View Post
I have heard all the bs on this
BS?
Closed Thread