Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #2296
Tech Fanatic

Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm View Post
Andy
Great body shells for vta,the Sprint 2 Flux looks verry cool to me,i havr a vta car myself, i used my old RS4 Rally car with little mods.
Can i still get parts for this car? Looks to me like the other Sprint cars would good vta cars.
Hi,

Thanks, there are some RS4 Rally parts floating around but not much though. You can type in the part # on our "search window", if we have it , it will come up.

Thanks,

AH
Old 09-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #2297
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
The carpet track we run as a lot of RED DOT in it currently as this is what a lot of the rubber tire touring and Vintage racers where using until late...
I can see where there would be a problem with switching compounds. I have never heard of using red dot on carpet, only asphalt...did you do this to avoid Paragon fumes?

"Failior [sic] crowns enterprise." Robert Goddard

I-Lap Scoring Systems http://www.rclapcounter.com/
Old 09-02-2008, 02:49 PM   #2298
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yes, The owner of the track did not want the smell of Paragon in the building and several of the racers also dislike the odor.

Red Dot works well on carpet I just think we're starting to see some of the after affects know of Red Dot being used on carpet. They clean the carpet every once in a while so hopefully after the next steam cleaning and people stop using Red Dot it won't be so bad.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
Old 09-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #2299
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrcracer View Post
I actually had good luck with Drew Ellis setup for the 2006 pavement nats on my TA car. althought I did go to the white springs to stiffen up the front of the car. oil shock and roll centers were spot on with a well handling car. worked well on carpet as it did on pavement with the HPI tyres.
Solid axle on carpetIs that common...I have seen oneway and tried it with no luck unless I wanted to spinout constantly....
Old 09-02-2008, 03:23 PM   #2300
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugRunner View Post
I have tried the Martin hudy setup and the stock setup and barry baker setup and variations of them but it seems that maybe its the compound of the tires that isnt comparable to regular Rubber tires the traction and lack of a certain points makes it difficult and also it is somewhat binding up cause its making my motor come off in the 160 to 170 range. I was just hoping one of you guys came up w/a decent begining setup...
That sounds like my car...The M.Hudy setup worked for a good starting point for me I run on a small tight track w/med traction and found that my selection of castor is what was reaking the most havok...I would say you are probably running or trying to run 6 degree blocks I would dial back to 4 and then to 2 depending on your track size and your car's reaction to the change. Also check your arm mounts and make sure you are using all the same mounts and of course all the other suggestions I have read are spot on as I have ran into the same problems...my 2 cents
Old 09-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #2301
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkspeedo View Post
Yes, The owner of the track did not want the smell of Paragon in the building and several of the racers also dislike the odor.

Isnt the paragon smell the national staple to let you know your at the track thats simply Un-American...Hell I wear it as cologne.....
Old 09-02-2008, 03:51 PM   #2302
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

One-ways are great once you get used to driving with one. I guaranty you'll be faster once you adapt to not using brakes.

If you're new to 4wd touring cars then continue using a diff until you feel comfortable with driving this type of car then move into a one-way front diff.

For asphalt use the solid front axial capability of the X-Ray multi-diff. Again you will be faster once you get used to driving with it.

Paragon as cologne? Are you still married? Just kidding.
I can handle the smell in fact it like it most the time but there are lots of people that seem to get sick from the smell of wintergreen.
5280 Raceway
MILE HIGH INDOOR CHAMPS April 19-22nd 2018 @ www.milehighindoorchamps.com
Old 09-02-2008, 03:58 PM   #2303
Tech Regular

Paragon as cologne? Are you still married? Just kidding.
I can handle the smell in fact it like it most the time but there are lots of people that seem to get sick from the smell of wintergreen.[/QUOTE]

The ladies love paragon I cant keep them off....They really love it when I tell them about my R/C cars it drives them wild....Gotta go my wife's home...coming dear...
Old 09-02-2008, 04:14 PM   #2304
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
I just started in on road R/C and vta and need some help w/setup my car xray t2 007 eu and it seems to bind up and the rear tire lifts left or right in a hard turn or turn in general I have to really try to keep it from spinning out or flipping...I guess does anyone have a setup for an xray vta on carpet?
When I first tried to run my TA car on carpet it would work OK for maybe a minute or two and then get terminally loose. Even with only the inner half of the fronts sauced. The cure I found was to leave the tire sauce on for longer. 30 minutes was good (the sauce was Jack). After doing this once, the tires were OK with less sauce time for later runs the same day.

So if you are struggling to find a carpet setup and haven't tried longer saucing, give that a try.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:46 AM   #2305
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Solid axle on carpetIs that common...I have seen oneway and tried it with no luck unless I wanted to spinout constantly....

yes it works well. but a bit touchy if you get off the gas. I have roll in the speedo and 4cell I don't let off for much.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:54 PM   #2306

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

well the kyosho tf-5 can be a T/A car provided u run the camaro. its the only 1 that works. w00t. at least now i can use it

R
Old 09-03-2008, 08:55 PM   #2307
Tech Elite

running TA on asphalt with a brushed stock motor what FDR's are people using that are almost to the point of smoking your motors? I'm assuming you can go with a lower FDR on asphalt than carpet because the track is less grippy.

I'm at about a 5.36 now and wanted a wee bit more speed.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:07 AM   #2308
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post
running TA on asphalt with a brushed stock motor what FDR's are people using that are almost to the point of smoking your motors? I'm assuming you can go with a lower FDR on asphalt than carpet because the track is less grippy.

I was running a 5.55 fdr with my t2r using an old (2years) fantom co27 with no special tuning on it and could run down a 21.5 car that has a 4.3fdr. When I temped it after an 8 minute main it was at 215, not terribly hot. I also tried a core stock (black can, I think) and it wouldn't get out of it's own way no matter how you geared it. This is on a 100x70 parking lot track, with track temps as high as 140.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:08 AM   #2309
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagokenji View Post

i run a 5.5 right now. and actually, it should be the other way around, youd run a lower(smaller #, bigger gear) fdr on a carpet track beacuse you *should* be able to carry more cornerspeed with the higher bite.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #2310
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUCRPTRACER View Post
Isnt the paragon smell the national staple to let you know your at the track thats simply Un-American...Hell I wear it as cologne.....
have any of you tried Reino's Ragu?....I use it for indoors and outdoors..and also for offroad...it just works for me all the time
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Closed Thread