Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM   #1816
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
how many are you guys expecting...I will be there with two others..hopefully.....

Hey Darkside.... we usually have about 8 from our locals. So with you all coming and hopefully the Easley guys coming we will be close to 15 or more.

Cant wait for this race

HotShot RC / Nexus Racing
Xray T2 '009 w/Exotek Chassis, BMI DB12rr, Tamiya F104X1
Team Durango DEX210
Old 07-23-2008, 04:46 PM   #1817
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
Who is everyone? Nevermind I dont need to go there.

This is just my opinion so lets not get this started again but I think they look nice in spite of the numbers, not because of them. Is it getting hot in here? I think I smell something burning.
Maybe that's why that's why apex speed named it "Vintage" Trans Am, instead of "resto-mod" trans am. Numbers with or with out meatballs were required. But then you know all that, right?

Laterz

Bob
Old 07-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #1818

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

any TX tracks doin TA? might be movin there end of summer.

R
Old 07-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #1819
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 245 (100%+)

Oddly enough all MODERN race cars, even in this day of electronic lap counting, have numbers. Race cars have numbers. Scale race cars SHOULD have numbers. ONE class of scale race cars, VTA, require (strongly suggest, anyway) numbers. There are several other classes you can race it numbers offend you, no one is twisting anybody's arm to play. Go ahead and show up at ANY sanctioned real race in the country and tell 'em "you want my entry fee, here's my car without numbers". Guess how far you'd get? Hell, there are even rules regarding size and material of numbers at the local roundy-round bullring here, and that's about as basic as racing gets. They even all have AMB transponders in them, but numbers are required...and cost a LOT more to execute (time AND money) than the little numbers on our toy cars.

Then again, I'm guessing if there wasn't THIS to complain about that would pretty much ruin the fun for you. There's at least one in EVERY crowd.

THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED -Gil Scott-Heron (1949-2011)
Old 07-23-2008, 07:03 PM   #1820
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
need some help. Batteries and charger won't be here before next weekend and don't feel like missing another race.

I have the Noval 21.5 brushless with a speedpassion ESC, is there and way to run my old 2000 Nicad that would be fair, just so I could race ei break the down to 4 or 5 cell packs?

Remember, just a one time thing to race this weekend
Where are you racing?
RC Tech member #11
Aussie Rules Footy, Brisbane LIONS!!
[url]http://www.pitter-pat.com/[/url] for pet care needs in Northern Virginia
Old 07-23-2008, 08:22 PM   #1821
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer View Post
Where are you racing?
Well I was going to race at 'The Track' here in Gburg, but I think my wife has other plans for me.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:37 PM   #1822

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

dont ya hate when they get in the way. she doesnt hinder me from running, but i figure i'm screwed when we finally find a house. good luck

go run TA @ glen burnie on sat evening, great show there and it wont smell like an eagles concert.

R
Old 07-23-2008, 09:50 PM   #1823
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadRacing View Post
Hey Darkside.... we usually have about 8 from our locals. So with you all coming and hopefully the Easley guys coming we will be close to 15 or more.

Cant wait for this race
thats cool...hopefully some of our other locals here will make the trip as well
Im ready for my 1st outta town trip to race r/c.....glad its TA...thanks and hopefully some of you guys will make it up here in September for the Music City Championship...cya Sunday
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
Old 07-23-2008, 10:00 PM   #1824
Suspended

Location: r.i.p Chiquita - 1993-2008 - "best dog in the world"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottrik View Post
Oddly enough all MODERN race cars, even in this day of electronic lap counting, have numbers. Race cars have numbers. Scale race cars SHOULD have numbers. ONE class of scale race cars, VTA, require (strongly suggest, anyway) numbers. There are several other classes you can race it numbers offend you, no one is twisting anybody's arm to play. Go ahead and show up at ANY sanctioned real race in the country and tell 'em "you want my entry fee, here's my car without numbers". Guess how far you'd get? Hell, there are even rules regarding size and material of numbers at the local roundy-round bullring here, and that's about as basic as racing gets. They even all have AMB transponders in them, but numbers are required...and cost a LOT more to execute (time AND money) than the little numbers on our toy cars.
You know how it goes, no better to mess up a good fade paint job than to have to ruin it with a couple of numbers.

Or as one older fellow said at a race one time,
"race cars have numbers, street cars don't. So which are you runnin'? 'Cause we only allow racers on the track."
Old 07-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #1825
Tech Champion

I hope this is all in good fun. Because I am not feeling the love.
If what everyone wants is one less racer, I think you have achieved that pretty well.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:22 PM   #1826
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratherBracin View Post
You know how it goes, no better to mess up a good fade paint job than to have to ruin it with a couple of numbers.

"race cars have numbers, street cars don't. So which are you runnin'? 'Cause we only allow racers on the track."
hey hey now don't be dissing on my custom fade job! not make me post all the pictures again.
RC50 As you come into this world, something else is also born. You begin your life, and it begins a journey towards you. It moves slowly, but it never stops. Wherever you go, whatever path you take, it will follow never faster, never slower, always coming. You will run, it will walk. You will rest, it will not. One day, you will linger in the same place too long you will sit too still, or sleep too deep. And when, too late, you rise to go, you will notice a second shadow next to yours. Your life will then be over.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:54 PM   #1827
Tech Champion

Quote:
I shouldnt be asking this since I just had a nice flame job, but who said that?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:58 PM   #1828
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snoopyrc View Post
I hope this is all in good fun. Because I am not feeling the love.
If what everyone wants is one less racer, I think you have achieved that pretty well.
I think everyone just wants to keep the class as close to what it was intended to be, and not have it turn into another failed TC class with paint blobs all over the place. IMO VTA was created to bring scale R/C racing back from the modern unrecognizable TC's that now plague the tracks. It has succeeded in bringing more spectators, and thus more racers to the hobby. People don't want to see a rerun of the decline of TC racing because of cars that people can not relate to, for the sake of shaving a couple tenths off of a track time. Scale bodies and livery made TC racing popular, just like scale bodies and livery are making USVTA racing popular. Don't want to see it degenerate into another class of unrecognizable vehicles. It's a formula that many feel should not be tampered with.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:04 PM   #1829
Tech Champion

I can live with that. I mean I completely understand. I hate the way TC racing has sacrificed everything that makes it look like a car just to make it faster. I think theres a whole lot missing in TC racing that has been recaptured with Vintage TA. The races look neat with all the cars decorated like that. I have had a blast running this class. And when I couldnt get a car together I have had fun filming it.
Everyone thinks I have made a big deal over the numbers. Thats not even it. Nobody gets it.
Thanks for the non hostile post.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:46 AM   #1830
Suspended

Quote:
+1