R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   so who's sueing Horizon / Spektrum / Losi? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/198623-so-whos-sueing-horizon-spektrum-losi.html)

RussB 01-02-2008 10:53 PM

so who's sueing Horizon / Spektrum / Losi?

anyone else get a class action law suit notice in the mail? i guess someone is sueing Horizon / Spektrum / Losi over the "made in america" claim... sounds kind of like that novak lawsuit.

so what's the matter? didn't make the main with their gear and decided to sue over it? :lol:

Oasis 01-02-2008 11:00 PM

Yea..I got one to Russ, I think it's more over the claim of made in America..when it's not..they use to be but they have outsourced everything nowadays..hey maybe i can get 1 or 2 bucks..:lol:..

goodtunes1978 01-02-2008 11:48 PM

yea i kind of feel a lil cheated cause when i bought the losi i have i thought losi was made in america but oh well people lye to me all the time next time i will research it a lil more and decide from there lol nowadays there is nothing truely made in america anymore it seems there is one part or another made over seas making it bastardized

take harley for instance made in america bwahahhahaahah yea right there isnt hardly anything on that bike thats american anymore from the tires to the seat may have been assembled in america but not made in america 90 % of the parts on that bike are made in other countries from the ignition system injection systems to even the shocks and frames hahah figures dont it big shroud will be one day released hopefully hahahahha

but that is the time we live in when we send back substandard products to originating countries with sweat shops that design lead in childrens toys not good take pride and a stand may cost more but at least we pass it around here instead of around the world that is not deserving

SWTour 01-02-2008 11:53 PM

Eric Hoffman is apparently the guy who filed the class action suit against Horizon / Losi

Wonder how many of these suits he's been involved in/

Horizon/Losi Suit Settlement info

goodtunes1978 01-03-2008 12:00 AM

easiest way would be to google his name lol that would tell alot about all the suits he has been in ahhahahahaha

bsmooth 01-03-2008 12:28 AM

I just got that letter from Horizon in the mail tonight. I don't get it. So this guy (Eric Hoffman) is suing Horizon because of a misrepresentation?

I would like to know what the plaintifs backgroung is; does he work for a competitor? Is he a lawyer? Or is he another scumbag trying to cash in with a "frivolous" lawsuit.

Did the product cause injury to someone? No. I really don't give a crap about any of this 'made in the USA' or not. I've owned a Losi XXS-g and a couple of versions of the Spektrum system, both of which I have nothing but praise for.

I'm not going to take advantage of this 'free money' because I don't agree with the suit.

-Steve

Sabin 01-03-2008 12:31 AM

just checked to see if my mini-t pro was included.. it's not. :)

SWTour 01-03-2008 01:05 AM

NOVAK had a similar issue (I believe they have info posted on their website as well)

I found part of the HORIZON info interesting...so I copied it.

If you do not support this suit, it looks like there is a place to send your opinions. It does not appear this thing is settled in the courts yet.

Settlement PDF

http://www.ccmsm.com/images/horizon_suit_0001.jpg

goodtunes1978 01-03-2008 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by bsmooth (Post 4032922)

I'm not going to take advantage of this 'free money' because I don't agree with the suit.

-Steve

i am happy to hear that from at least one person

but i have this to say the money isnt free we the end buyer ends up paying for it ultimately because to offset the costs of the lawsuit and moneys paid out we have to pay extra on the products they sell :cry:

asw7576 01-03-2008 01:38 AM

I'm not going to let this scumbags ( lawyers with bandit's mentality ) get a bigger head. I won't help him at all. Look at the big picture : Other scumbags will make the same opportunity by blackmailing ( suing ) any other legal or decent companies. These scumbags must know that picking up city garbages are more honourable profession than what they are doing now .

Dasupacat1 01-03-2008 02:14 AM

This guy must have nothing better to do.

Sabin 01-03-2008 02:27 AM

Originally Posted by goodtunes1978 (Post 4032962)
but i have this to say the money isnt free we the end buyer ends up paying for it ultimately because to offset the costs of the lawsuit and moneys paid out we have to pay extra on the products they sell :cry:

yea that's for sure.

of course they could have avoided this problem in the first place by not outsourcing.

quality control being what it is in china means you get a sub-standard product and definitely a black eye to otherwise quality brands.

miller tyme 01-03-2008 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Sabin (Post 4033092)
yea that's for sure.

of course they could have avoided this problem in the first place by not outsourcing.

quality control being what it is in china means you get a sub-standard product and definitely a black eye to otherwise quality brands.

I agree, but the real issue is, aside from those in the know, that AE and Losi and others are not American owned any longer, was someone 'fooled' into buying 'American'. I'm not into all the legaleze but I think the FTC has Federal laws in place for that and this should be handled as Federal Gov. fines and not a lawsuit.

Francis M. 01-03-2008 07:02 AM

This lawsuit was probably brought on by lawyers themselves. Most class action lawsuits of this type only benifit the lawyers soliciting or rilling up consumers over a receiver that probably has a few components not made in America.....
I hope no one from R/C tech will sign up for this.... This type of lawsuits is the new version of Ambulance chasing by lawyers....:flaming:

kcrunchone 01-03-2008 08:24 AM

This is a horrible way to exploit a past time that is enjoyed by many. Unless there are injuries that have surmounted form this the lawsuit will only be DAMNING US. If we allow the money to blind us then we will eventually be the cause of every JOE JACKASS to jump on the band wagon and try and claim the so called easy money.

I think the end-all-be-all to stop this kind of BS created by lawyers and $$$ the profit seekers is to have them actually pay some funds to file such claims and also to find them liable if and when the lawsuit is actually found not worthy of any merit what so ever. The profit seekers would die out like a bad habit gone wrong.

I will not I REPEAT I WILL NOT HELP ANYONE DESTROY WHAT I LOVE TO DO SO MUCH. Even taking a small part is the contribution of the destruction of the hobby....