R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-13-2008, 02:50 AM   #76
Tech Adept

Exactly! The mechanical drawings/designs or motor windings might be done in the U.S. but it doesn't mean you can put the "Made in U.S.A." label on. There are just too many components made outside of the country for the products to be called "Made in U.S.A.". All the machined alloy parts on Losi vehicles are basically made in Taiwan, the entire Novak BL motor can and misc. parts are machined and shipped from China. These companies know they are importing these parts outside the country and still put the "Made in the U.S.A." label on. Maybe they can say the products are assembled in the U.S.A., they cannot say "Made in U.S.A.".
RickyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 09:00 AM   #77
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovakTwo View Post
Given this burden, why should manufacturers continue to hire Americans and pay the enormous overhead consistent with trying to offer products "Made in the USA"?
That is something only you guys can decided. Running a private business should not just be about profit but personal satisfaction/motivation.

America is at the heart of the capatalist world so this type of lawsuit should not come as a suprise. The lawyers are playing their part in a bigger machine.

A brighter future to look forward to is when we treat China like our friends and help each other and 'made in China' will not have the stigma it does now.
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 12:02 PM   #78
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JevUK View Post
That is something only you guys can decided. Running a private business should not just be about profit but personal satisfaction/motivation.

America is at the heart of the capatalist world so this type of lawsuit should not come as a suprise. The lawyers are playing their part in a bigger machine.

A brighter future to look forward to is when we treat China like our friends and help each other and 'made in China' will not have the stigma it does now.
The stigma you talk about is.....alot of what's made in China is pure junk. Cheap quality all around......that's why the prices are cheap. Cheap labor also. There was a time when made in Japan had the same stigma.....not anymore. What's even more alarming is......many brand name electronics that were Japanese or have Japanese names are made in China now!! I had to look at several Yamaha DVD players to find one made in Japan.....go figure. As for lawsuits, some are legimate.....many are not. They have to be judged on individual basis.
SRAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:36 AM   #79
Tech Regular

Yeah totaly agree. The way we feel about Japan now might be how we feel about china in 10 years time.

I wouldn't say everything China makes is junk, but yeah on avarage the quality is lower.

You Jap dvd player will probably still have all it's components made in China.
JevUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #80
Tech Fanatic

Interesting reading here.

What's made in the USA? Hondas, BMWs, etc. Even (some) Fords are usually 'assembled in the USA from parts made in Mexico' (actual label I've seen)

I totally agree with what Bob said up above:
Quote:
I feel to make this generalization, it has to be good because it's made in the USA, is just as ignorant as saying it has to be of low quality because it's made elsewhere.
However the manufacturing industry in China hasn't done themselves any favors in the past several months, and many people are turned off by it. There's good stuff coming out of China but there's still a lot of shady operations. One good thing coming about for the Beijing Olympics is that they are working overtime to clean up their act in many areas (industry, environment, etc.), even if the government is pretty heavy-handed about it. Some things I don't mind if they are made in China, but no-name (or 'buy it and we'll slap your name on it' products) I try to stay away from.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:10 AM   #81
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

I am NOT suing...

WHAT KIND OF IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PUT MONEY IN LAWYERS POCKETS LOL

line 'em all up I say
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:29 PM   #82
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakaguyjean View Post
So here is a silly Question. Are there any RC cars made in America? A car that you can drive proudly knowing it is American. Im guessing there are some 1/10th pan cars and a few 1/12th ot there but is there anythjing else?
BRP is. www.brpracing.com
leerjet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #83
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Here is one for you guys to research. Back in the day team Losi came out with the JRX2. Before that a bud of mine sent me a few UK mags to read and I saw a car called the Mardave Meteor. I thought, wow, looks pretty cool. I never gave it another thought. Then the "designed" by team Losi JRX2 came on the market and I bought one and liked it. I was cleaning out some stuff and found the magazine. Looking though it I saw the meteor and noticed how very very much it looked like the JRX2 in every way I could see. The pic was the car with body.I got online and the Meteor was not to be found in Mardaves inventory???

Now before any wild comments are made I am not saying it is a conspiracy or anything but it sure looked like maybe a deal was made to send the car from the UK under another banner. Nothing against Losi I have raced them for years. Anyone want to backtrack This and prove me wrong. I would feel better if it was not true after all these years.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:34 AM   #84
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

this one time at band camp,, I was looking at a hot rod magazine back in the 70's and i saw a picture of a disc brake on a car, now as I'm looking at my new car, same setup, wonder if these are the same discs from back then. no seriously...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:14 PM   #85
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxrich View Post
Here is one for you guys to research. Back in the day team Losi came out with the JRX2. Before that a bud of mine sent me a few UK mags to read and I saw a car called the Mardave Meteor. I thought, wow, looks pretty cool. I never gave it another thought. Then the "designed" by team Losi JRX2 came on the market and I bought one and liked it. I was cleaning out some stuff and found the magazine. Looking though it I saw the meteor and noticed how very very much it looked like the JRX2 in every way I could see. The pic was the car with body.I got online and the Meteor was not to be found in Mardaves inventory???

Now before any wild comments are made I am not saying it is a conspiracy or anything but it sure looked like maybe a deal was made to send the car from the UK under another banner. Nothing against Losi I have raced them for years. Anyone want to backtrack This and prove me wrong. I would feel better if it was not true after all these years.
The Mardave Meteor was completely different to the Losi JRX-2.
sosidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #86
Tech Fanatic

Quote:

Well I raced with guys who had both chassis a our track, and there was NO ressemblance whatsoever between the two cars, maybe the wrong picture in the mag at the time.

Drink EARTH water and save lives! in support of WFP
olly986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #87
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
The Mardave Meteor looks like this:

So nothing like a JRX2.
As a bit of background, when Mardave was developing the Meteor the car to have on the track was the Kyosho Scorpion so Mardave used that as the basis of their design, this is why the gearbox is a plastic version of the Scorpion gearbox. While it was under development the RC10 came out, so the original suspension was abandoned and replaced with an RC10 copy as can be seen by the front end wishbone shape and front suspension mounts.
terry.sc is offline   Reply With Quote