Wiki Posts
Search

M8 TX battery Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default M8 TX battery Q's

Im looking for rechargable batteries for my Airtronics M8 Transmitter. Im thinking about the sealed plasic ones. Does THIS battery fit and work in the M8? I like the 1100mah capacity. I know there is also a 700mah capacity sealed plasic battery for the M8 but How long would that 700mah last?

Im also considering Just buying individual NiCd cells which im thinking would be cheaper(would it?). Can I recharge the cells in the battery tray of the M8? I notice there is a charging Jack. Also would a futaba RX Charging Jack be compatable? It does fit but im not sure if the polarity is the same. The futaba plug is Inside(+) , Outside(-) is that airtronics too?

Thanks in advance!!
-Keith
Old 06-14-2003, 08:45 PM
Tech Regular

I use 1600mah nimh AA's in my M8. Just regular Rayovac's that I charge at .5amps in a cheap 8 cell holder from Radio shack. I get 10.4v's all day from those and I just recharge them every week since they are nimh's and have "no memory". I think they'll run ya about $20 and mine are going strong after almost a year.

I think it's the cheapest way to go and the most flexible should anything go wrong.
Old 06-14-2003, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

wow, thats sounds great. I think I'll do that.