R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-02-2008, 02:23 PM   #61
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRF415boy View Post
The RS is coming out only because the R1 has a problem starting up from a standstill on 4cell oval with the 13.5 motors. This is only due to the very high rollout they're using in that class (4in rollout, that is huge) which prevents a correct feedback to the speedo, especially to help it start.

There aren't issues in the other classes.
if i was your team manager i would be a little upset with this post as you have basicly said dont bye the current senserless one it doesn't work properly!
stuey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:29 PM   #62
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
if i was your team manager i would be a little upset with this post as you have basicly said dont bye the current senserless one it doesn't work properly!
I wouldn't be...I'd rather have the customer buy the right item the first time then buy the wrong one and be an upset customer.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:32 PM   #63
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I wouldn't be...I'd rather have the customer buy the right item the first time then buy the wrong one and be an upset customer.
Exactly. And its one reason why the RS has been in development.

The wife stops me being sane and the r/c stops me from going insane....
tc3team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:35 PM   #64
Tech Regular

so is there an issue with the esc or not
Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #65
Tech Regular

does any body know when the rs will be realesed
Old 01-02-2008, 02:39 PM   #66
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
what was posted about the Rollout / Motor issue was that the sensorless didn't like anything higher than a 1.5 rollout (Which is virtually EVERYTHING 4 cell expecpt MODIFIED or HOT MOTORS) and even the new LIPO based OVAL classes that are using the 17.5's and 21.5's have a higher rollout number than that...
I assume you mean everything oval? 4cell stock 1/12th is typically 1.7-2.0 rollout from what I've been reading and with my small track likely to be closer to 2.2.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #67
Tech Champion

Quote:
The RS is coming out only because the R1 has a problem starting up from a standstill on 4cell oval with the 13.5 motors. This is only due to the very high rollout they're using in that class (4in rollout, that is huge) which prevents a correct feedback to the speedo, especially to help it start.

There aren't issues in the other classes.
Stuey- 4cell oval with 13.5.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:40 PM   #68
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTour View Post
what was posted about the Rollout / Motor issue was that the sensorless didn't like anything higher than a 1.5 rollout (Which is virtually EVERYTHING 4 cell expecpt MODIFIED or HOT MOTORS) and even the new LIPO based OVAL classes that are using the 17.5's and 21.5's have a higher rollout number than that...

I personally haven't tested these - the info I've seen and read comes from Team Drivers who did/have.

It has been said the sensorless versions are working great with the HOT MOTORS...

(If the Tekin responds anything like the CC Mamba Max system - IT had these same issues even in MOD off the line about 1/2 to 2/3rds the time. But Mambe had said their system would NOT support 4 cell racing when I spoke to them via email about the issue.)
So far the only issue has been with 4 cell oval with 13.5s and are a consequence of the huge rollouts used. As far as I know there were no issues with the other motors, and chances are the problem won't even arise with Tekin's own motors.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM   #69
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuey View Post
does any body know when the rs will be realesed
No it's in the works, and will not take as long as the R1, but we don't know when.
TRF415boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:45 PM   #70
Tech Apprentice

Do you think it will be before April?
potloodslijper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #71
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
....chances are the problem won't even arise with Tekin's own motors.
ahh that is the answer I wanted to hear
PitNamedGordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #72
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by potloodslijper View Post
Do you think it will be before April?
There is no set date as such, but I would like to think it would be before then.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:11 PM   #73
Team Tekin

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

The R1 performs great everywhere except 4-cell Oval, the roll-outs are the problem since they are almost direct drive, and the ESC can't get the feedback it needs from the motor to fire the right phases.

Simply put gents, if you want a system for 4-cell, wait for the RS. If you want it for 6-cell offroad/onroad, get the R1.
Old 01-02-2008, 04:31 PM   #74
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
The R1 performs great everywhere except 4-cell Oval, the roll-outs are the problem since they are almost direct drive, and the ESC can't get the feedback it needs from the motor to fire the right phases.

Simply put gents, if you want a system for 4-cell, wait for the RS. If you want it for 6-cell offroad/onroad, get the R1.
4 cell 1/12th road course should be fine though right? I really don't want the extra sensor wires in my 1/12th if I can help it. I'll probably use the Tekin 13.5 but in case something happens I need to make sure I can switch to other motors.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:57 AM   #75
Tech Regular

thats reasuring question ive heard the sensorless have more power than a sensored esc motor combo is this true and can anybody give a reason for this surly it woludn't make much diffrence im not a motor expert by any means but how i under stand they may work a sensored esc relise on the sensor to tell the esc where the rotor is to deliver the correct faze to rotate the rotor and a sensorless will do the same but with the use of good software to determin where the rotor is by the faze conection cable ie (A B C) so how correct is my statement at the top of this post are sensorless more powerfull than sensored.