R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
Tech Regular

Default T.C.

There are quite a few great TC cars out,but with just the MI3 or TC5,is there that much difference in set up or drivability.We don't race on carpet.Thanks!
tino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 03:52 PM   #2
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

What a fantastic, thought provoking, stimulating thread. Just what's needed to meditate on for the new year.

jacko
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 10:37 AM   #3
Tech Regular

not much thought involved,which car for a rookie,parts for both are handy
Old 12-22-2007, 05:54 PM   #4
Woz
Tech Apprentice

imho, TC5, ive heard nothing but bad news with the Mi3 (sorry guys, you can argue your corner if you want) but i know a few team drivers struggling for setups over the winter months. everyone will argue their side but im trying to be least bias as possible ( i run a cyclone ) but out of those two, i would much rather run the TC5 (recommend the ITF lower and upper decks)
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 06:53 PM   #5
Tech Regular

Thanks Woz!!
Old 12-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #6
Tech Regular

I'm obviously extremely biased, but here is some logic to consider, and you can make up your own mind.

If winning big races and points series around the country and world = struggling, then maybe we need a redefinition of that word?

Honestly I beleive there is a significant difference between the two, but neither is "the perfect car for everyone".

If you're a casual weekend warrior who has a desire to just finish your races, and don't have the drive and competitive motivation to advance to your skills to the utmost level possible, the TC5 is most likely the best choice for you.

If you desire to push yourself and your car to the absolute limits of ability over time to become one of the best in the world, then I'd recomend the Mi3.

Another thing I'd recomend for you - talk to AE and Schumacher sponsored drivers at your track/in your area. Sponsored guys are there to help everyone, and also provide specific support/setup help for other drivers using their brand of product. You should be able to count on them for help on and off the track, so the simplest way to choose is to talk to each, and decide which team treats you with respect and is interested in helping you out with your car.

If you don't have anyone in your area, check out the Schumacher Corner thread here and see what we're made of. We have fun, we rib each other a bit, but ultimately we're here to support and help YOU get the most from your car. No attitudes, no BS, just a bunch of guys like you who like to race cars and are interested in growing the sport.

Regardless of what you choose, just remember to have fun racing and help the guy next to you - because without him, you might be racing alone next week.
www.SpeedPassion.net
www.SpeedPowerrc.com
Shawn Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #7
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Guess I may be a little biased as well but not so much as Shawn. The Mi3 is a car that does everything well. The key for me is that it is very easy to go fast with it. Support for it is great and it looks like you are in Florida where alot of Schuie guys are. I am a team member but would run this car even if I wasn't. I stayed on the team because of the Mi3 it really is a good RACECAR, if you don't want one don't drive one.

Rod
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:12 PM   #8
Tech Regular

Thanks for the replies,and what i think were straight forward answers from Schumacher drivers only,which in all probability sold another MI3.Thanks
Old 12-25-2007, 01:29 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino View Post
Thanks for the replies,and what i think were straight forward answers from Schumacher drivers only,which in all probability sold another MI3.Thanks
Friend of mine has been a big Corally fan for a while now and he has been cleaning up lately with his Mi3, don't think you will be disappointed with the car,he hasn't been.

Rod
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote