Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:21 PM   #121
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (92%+)
Send a message via AIM to wallstreet

Round table all the way !
Old 12-27-2007, 08:13 AM   #122
Gravity RC

maybell: It is something that you can do, but not all the time. it dose make the motor a bit faster and more efficent but the motor dose not run as consistent without the fan, do to a ton more heat. I leave mine on and its always fast, then when a big race comes along Jim will do what he feels best. Overheating the motor with the fan on is almost impossible so if its fast and makes time I would not even think about taking it off.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM   #123
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

what mod BL motors would be good places to start in carpet sedan and mod 12th? Looking to maybe run those classes at the carpet nats in march.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:52 AM   #124
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Xmas

Hey Driva,

Question:

Its 2 days after xmas, and I forgot to get your girlfriend a gift. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Beavis
Old 12-27-2007, 11:25 AM   #125
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to Essnowyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBird-sr View Post
Here Comes SNOWY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVFracingwilly View Post
It is Snowy look at all the rust from moving so slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlert View Post
is everyone okay its just good humor
OMG! That is funny! But are you three Lemieux impersonators going to man up and run the Novak?

Snowy.

Drive it, Dont slide it!
Old 12-27-2007, 04:18 PM   #126
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HVFracingwilly

Novak is for washed up had beens like you, we know we are good we don't have to prove it to you!

With paint jobs like ours and support from Paul we will always be winners!
Old 12-27-2007, 05:01 PM   #127
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

this is probably one the the most common band hardest to answer questions.........how do u know when to make what change? like if your car is loose on power coming out the corner, leaning in the shocks may help as well as thinner rear oil or may be lowering the rollcentre. is it a case where u see where u have/are doin to loose something somewhere else? when to do u know a little kick-up or anti-dive would help?

hope these are not too much questions for ya. i figure all of us have these same questions at some point or another in RC.
Old 12-27-2007, 05:19 PM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hey Paul, I'm running foam 19t touring on a large ultra smooth high traction carpet track with a lot of turns (picture cleveland with a mix of slow and high speed turns) and I'm having the most difficulty at the end of the straight where there are two 90 degree right turns within 3ft, creating a fast turn around. It seems like the fast guys are sliding into the turn and not using any brake, while I need to tap the brakes to get the car to rotate. I'm good around the rest of the track, but I think that one turn is costing me. What would you adjust first? Also, if possible, how would you make a car rotate more freely? Finally, how much compound do you use on the front tires, ever sauce the entire thing? (I only sauce 3/4 of the inside front)

Sorry for the long question
Old 12-27-2007, 06:10 PM   #129
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Losi View Post
this is probably one the the most common band hardest to answer questions.........how do u know when to make what change? like if your car is loose on power coming out the corner, leaning in the shocks may help as well as thinner rear oil or may be lowering the rollcentre. is it a case where u see where u have/are doin to loose something somewhere else? when to do u know a little kick-up or anti-dive would help?

hope these are not too much questions for ya. i figure all of us have these same questions at some point or another in RC.
Not to take away from Pauls thread in any way, as I respect this sort of thing and his willingness to do it, but Id like to offer a tiny bit of help on this one.

Get the XXX Main Chassis Tunning Guide! Its a great reference tool! It's easy to understand and there is even a cheat sheet or cliff note sort of chart in the back. This will suggest exactly what to try for any common handling woe you may be having.

There's no sure substitue for having a proven pro such as Paul give you pointers but this book will help, that's for sure.
Old 12-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #130
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to THeGame

Paul, Iím running a C027 on a large Oval carpet track, what pinion gear should I use??
Old 12-27-2007, 08:47 PM   #131
Gravity RC

crisis641: Thats great, I would think a trinity 4.5 in tc and a 5.5 or 6.0 in 12th scale. those winds will be very fast and safe. ill obviously be their if you need any help with a gear for them or anything.

Beavis: most likely something real nice, i only had to get yours a pack of m&m's.lol

Losi Island: no problem man. normally I never stop changing stuff at races (bites me in the butt alot) but i just always feel like i should learn for the next big race because you only get to test under big race conditions 5 times a year. but normally i change stuff when im slow, then i simply try to figure why and where its slow. for me their is no specific rules to what i change when the car dose something, but I guess if my car was loose exiting the courner i would first try more rear toe, and i could see thinner shock oil helping in alot of cases, or maybe less ackerman. Those are pretty general but common changes. keep asking questions because i know sometimes i dont get to the bottom of them.

ScottS: The first thing that i would try is less camber gain in the rear, up on the tower, this should free up the car in the center of the turn, another thing that i would try is thinner rear oil, this usually helps me high speed but you will have to test it. i would try those two things. let me know.
I only sauce as much front tire as it takes to make the car steer the same from lap 1 to the end of the race. generally that is 1/4th of the inside front on new tires and about half on re runs. I just think that if you sauce full front usually the car is twitchy up front and by the end wears off. So basicly if your car gets pushier threw the run you need to sauce less front and just make a chassis change to get it to steer more. And if your car picks up more steering threw the run you need to sauce more front tire and make a chassis change to take some steering away.

Mrrcguy: i agree with you but everyone has to keep in mind that nothing is set in stone, so take everyones advice (weather it be mine or a book) as just a suggestion with the intent to test it. I have made changes that did one thing one day and something different the next day, their are so many varibles that could turn things around on you. and also be carefull about any general set up tips because a ton of things are opposite from foam tires to rubber tires and now with brushless, faster cars, different tires, serfaces Etc you just truley never know for sure.

The game: nice try, hope you and your family had a good christmas.
Old 12-27-2007, 08:57 PM   #132
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What's up Paulie, see ya in a few days at the Novak Race. Hunter will be looking for Chase.

Later Ryan
Old 12-27-2007, 09:23 PM   #133
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Great, thanks for the advice Paul.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:29 PM   #134
Gravity RC

Ryan: cant wait, ill make sure that chase is their a little more this time, they are old enough now to play so it will be cool.

No problem Scott.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:08 PM   #135
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Hi Craig, I hope that this will make sence. it is easy to get a car that turns over the front(meaning to dump the front end in a way that will weight jack the car and get the inside rear tire lite) when you do this the car usually turns good but will spend more time diffing out and can be unpredictible to drive.
I like to try to get the car to turn by dumping the rear, because i think you have to transfer weight to get a car to turn, dumping the rear easy to achieve but is very hard to make the car turn good like that. but when it dose it is very fast and predictible. All this is for foam tires

With rubber tires i find that any time you have one end of the car that rolls alot (dumps around) more than the other end, things just get weird because of the reduced traction and weight jacking combined. i think that you need a more ballanced type of chassis roll for rubber tires (more over the side as apposed to roll across the rear or front).

none of this is really set in stone because i do stuff all the time at the track that i thought would do something different. but generally i think that this post is good, as long as i got the point i was trying to across.
Paul,

Other than the spelling, this is one of the best chassis dynamics explanations I've read in a long time. I tried an entirely new rubber tire setup on my 007 today, based on the principles above, and the results simply defy words.

Reading your 'comentz' in the four pages of this thread has truly given me a new level of understanding on setup, as well as 'speeling'.

Keep up the good work!
Un-sponsored Shoutout: NexusRacing.com
*** 301 Raceway is my home away from Home ***
Closed Thread