R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #1201
Tech Fanatic

Paul What's up, nice seeing you in jersey this past weekend. See you at the nats
Diatta Collymore [email protected]([email protected])(www.fordhamhobbies.com) (Wallacemotorsports.net) Fordham Hobbies, Wallace Motorsports, WRC Racing, Hot Race Tyres, Ielasi Tuned Engines, VP Power Master fuel, KO Propo America, Paint By Mikey Mike
Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 PM   #1202
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Paul What's up, nice seeing you in jersey this past weekend. See you at the nats
Ditto what he said, just not that nats part. I'll see you soon someplace, thansk for all the help and stay fast.
Old 08-20-2009, 01:19 PM   #1203
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Hi Paul, when using the new epic I guass meter. Is it better to have a closer High n Low reading or bigger difference??

Thanks,

"On-road is racing.. off-road is 50% competitive jumping and 50% crash avoidance"...
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #1204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Paul,
I was wondering how you had your car setup for 17.5 the other night? Is the setup close to your 10.5 Novak Setup?
Dave
Old 09-13-2009, 10:58 PM   #1205
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

concrats to paul at iic nice run and great show to watch
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #1206
Gravity RC

Hi all, sorry i have let the thread slip again. been gone racing for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-nicest View Post
Hi, thanks i had a great time, see ya soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Ditto what he said, just not that nats part. I'll see you soon someplace, thansk for all the help and stay fast.
LOL trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott B View Post
Hi Paul, when using the new epic I guass meter. Is it better to have a closer High n Low reading or bigger difference??

Thanks,
Hi Scott, idealy you want the reading to be equal but thats not going to happen that often. closer the better though.
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragracer72nova View Post
Paul,
I was wondering how you had your car setup for 17.5 the other night? Is the setup close to your 10.5 Novak Setup?
Dave
Hi dave, i know its a little late now but my car then was accually closer to my reedy race set up than anything. Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLMW VQ View Post
concrats to paul at iic nice run and great show to watch

Thanks much!
Old 09-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #1207
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ehlert

hey paul its bryon from oshkosh im looking to buy a new xray, should i buy the 009 or should i wait for alittle while yet, hint hint anything new coming soon
Old 09-15-2009, 05:15 PM   #1208
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Paul, thanks for the setup help at the IIC.
Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 PM   #1209
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul congrats at vegas your my hero .are you going to make time zones race in nov. .give me a ring and we'll set up a trip to your favirote place you know the one the pop o top talk at you latter

suport your local hobby shop because ebays track is hard to find !!!!!!!!
Russ Jacobson
Old 09-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #1210
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default Thanks

Paul,

Man just wanted to Thankyou for all your help during the week. I never been on a Team that you could go to the Top guy and he would help you without hesitation. Also you helped anyone who asked and your attitude never changed. Bro your AWESOME !!! and you still won.

Thanks again

Mike Molina
Old 09-15-2009, 06:06 PM   #1211
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Paul,

Man just wanted to Thankyou for all your help during the week. I never been on a Team that you could go to the Top guy and he would help you without hesitation. Also you helped anyone who asked and your attitude never changed. Bro your AWESOME !!! and you still won.

Thanks again

Mike Molina
Weird, right? This guy is great!!! What's good Paul? Are you going to the US Open in Kissimmee this year?
Old 09-15-2009, 06:13 PM   #1212
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Paul L - Thanks for your help with my XRay ECS drive shafts at IIC Vegas. I didn't ask you this then, but how often do you rebuild your drive shafts? To be safe I ended up rebuilding them after every three runs (open practice + last two rounds of qualifying, and then before the main making sure to run my car in the morning's open practice too).
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
Old 09-16-2009, 08:51 AM   #1213
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehlert View Post
hey paul its bryon from oshkosh im looking to buy a new xray, should i buy the 009 or should i wait for alittle while yet, hint hint anything new coming soon
Hi Byron. Im not really sure, Xray dosent really keep me in the loop on new things like this (I have blown their cover a few times) LOL. i have heared of parts that they are testing but that is nothing new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Paul, thanks for the setup help at the IIC.
No Problem! hope i was some help

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdadracing View Post
Paul congrats at vegas your my hero .are you going to make time zones race in nov. .give me a ring and we'll set up a trip to your favirote place you know the one the pop o top talk at you latter
Hey Russ, still not sure on that race. Thanks man, See ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
Paul,

Thanks again

Mike Molina
Hi Mike, Thanks a lot!. I had a blast, you could have come over more. see ya soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
Weird, right? This guy is great!!! What's good Paul? Are you going to the US Open in Kissimmee this year?
, Im not sure if im coming to the us open or not, me and Ralph have not talked about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
Paul L - Thanks for your help with my XRay ECS drive shafts at IIC Vegas. I didn't ask you this then, but how often do you rebuild your drive shafts? To be safe I ended up rebuilding them after every three runs (open practice + last two rounds of qualifying, and then before the main making sure to run my car in the morning's open practice too).
No problem, when their new i take them apart, grease them heavely then i locktight the set screws and almost break my wrench off tightining them, that way i know that they are not coming apart. then after every 10 or 15 runs I will motorspray them so they are totally clean and re grease them, but i dont ever take them apart. I use the Xray graphite grease and completely cover the joints, then i might even hit the joint with a small dash of motor spray to thin out the grease and get it back down in to the nooks and crannys. just make sure they get smothered then the outside wiped off so it dosent fling absolutely everywhere. But i leave them built after i wrench them down and locktite them, I figure that is the best way to (hopefully) never have them come apart.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:38 PM   #1214
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ehlert

thx for info paul, i just ordered a 009 today
Old 09-19-2009, 02:43 AM   #1215
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi paul

Im having trouble with my bladders swelling very fast and i cant bleed them though the shock cap as im useing alloy ones how can i fix this and im useing xray oil to.
Closed Thread