R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 02:27 PM   #1186
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I just recently picked up a T2 '007 and I am wondering if there are any tricks to mounting a lipo in this bad boy. I was told by the previous owner that he just mounted it at an angle, but I'm concerned with what might happen if I get into a crash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.--Al
Old 08-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #1187
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al View Post
Hey guys,

I just recently picked up a T2 '007 and I am wondering if there are any tricks to mounting a lipo in this bad boy. I was told by the previous owner that he just mounted it at an angle, but I'm concerned with what might happen if I get into a crash. Any help would be greatly appreciated.--Al

Hi Al. If you can find a smaller lipo then it is good to slide it under the top deck with a battery tray, you can get a steel battery weight tray from Hyperdrive or Ea motorsports.
You could make the top deck higher to fit every battery just by cutting a old top deck and using the front and rear pece as spacers tpo raise the deck. and lastly you can just run it at an angle, I run mine on an angle all the time when i am testing different lipos and the car does handle fine that way.

Thanks, Paul
Old 08-05-2009, 09:02 PM   #1188
Tech Master

paul you plan on going to vegas? you think you will ever make it to a halloween classic?
Old 08-06-2009, 07:15 AM   #1189
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosko View Post
paul you plan on going to vegas? you think you will ever make it to a halloween classic?
Yup Ill be at the gas nats in Toleto then its straight to Vegas. not sure about the Classic but i would really like to go.
Old 08-06-2009, 03:50 PM   #1190
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Paul,

I was wondering how easy it for you to travel with all your stuff to the races you attend. Do you always fly with your gear or ship it ahead? Does Xray take care of the logistics for your stuff? Are you always running new cars at every major race? Just curious.

Remember me? Im the guy with the Jilles body.
"If you're not first...you're last!"
Old 08-08-2009, 10:39 AM   #1191
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammincrtjames View Post
Paul,

I was wondering how easy it for you to travel with all your stuff to the races you attend. Do you always fly with your gear or ship it ahead? Does Xray take care of the logistics for your stuff? Are you always running new cars at every major race? Just curious.

Remember me? Im the guy with the Jilles body.

Hi, yea i remember.
Its not that hard to travel with proper gear, I always check two bags, i have one hudy bag for parts, tools, charger motors, batterys and my car. then i have a big suitcase that i put my cloths, transmitter, spair bodies, and tires. this way i dont have any carry on's and it makes flying much easier. for nitro races i get fuel shipped to the hotel. i accidently flew home with a 1/2 quort of fuel from my last race, somehow TSA didnt catch it. Ooops. but dont try that.
I dont build new cars that often atall, i have had all the cars that i am racing right now for over a year, but that is Xray.

Thanks, Paul
Old 08-10-2009, 11:15 PM   #1192
Tech Rookie

Hey Paul,

Long time reader first time poster!

Over hear in New Zealand we run 13.5 class and open mod class with lipo outdoor on bitumen surface but we are permitted to run foams. I am looking at getting a new xray soon and was wanting to know which chassis you would recommend, US or EU spec? I wasnt sure which would suit our tracks better.

Cheers
Old 08-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #1193
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidbiter View Post
Hey Paul,

Over hear in New Zealand we run 13.5 class and open mod class with lipo outdoor on bitumen surface but we are permitted to run foams. I am looking at getting a new xray soon and was wanting to know which chassis you would recommend, US or EU spec? I wasnt sure which would suit our tracks better.

Cheers
I'm not Paul, but I'll lend my opinion. You're better off with the EU spec car because it's easier to stiffen up that car for foam than it would be to get the flex you need out of the US spec if you ever chose to run rubber tires.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #1194
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidbiter View Post
Hey Paul,

Cheers
Hi, I do think that the EU kit would be the best option, i would think (but dont know) that a spool would be best and a Eu car comes with it. unless if the serface is increadibly high bite i would go with the EU kit. Thanks for posting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
I'm not Paul, but I'll lend my opinion. You're better off with the EU spec car because it's easier to stiffen up that car for foam than it would be to get the flex you need out of the US spec if you ever chose to run rubber tires.
sounds like a good argument also, Thanks.
Old 08-12-2009, 01:41 PM   #1195
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

PAULLEMIEUX!
Old 08-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #1196
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Cool wheel

sup Paul, i may b up fer the summer race need sum wheel time if i want to go to iic..Kevin
Old 08-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #1197
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the advice guys.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #1198
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Hey Paul,

It was very nice meeting you this weekend at the X-Ray Challenge. It was our pleasure and honor having you over at our track in Jackson, NJ.

You made a lot of people happy with set-up advice and one-on-one car tuning............. Really made there day.......... and the show you put out on the track.......... Simply Awesome!!

Hope to run into you again real soon........ Maybe the Halloween Classic

Take Care and enjoy the rest of the summer!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway / Team Downgrade Designs
Old 08-17-2009, 11:50 PM   #1199
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default WGT X10

Hi Paul,

I am the guy that got the door prize of the WGT X10 at the Portland OR Xray Challenge. It was really cool to see you run and I had the privilege of being the only guy that corner marshalled your car during the 25 minute nitro main. "Flat tracking it" and all, I still think about that... just awesome....

Anyway, getting to my needs :-) I've decided to race the xray X10 WGT kit at the IIC race in a side saddle lipo configuration. I went to the teamxray forum for setup sheets and they don't list the X10 at all... yet. I know the X10 was raced at a race or two and am wondering if there is something other to go by than the supplied basic carpet setup sheet included with the kit.

p.s. I played Paper Toss for a couple days then looked at the outrageous scores posted and gave up. Whats your high score dude ?

Cheers,

Jake D.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 AM   #1200
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Weiss View Post
PAULLEMIEUX!
Hi Steve!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Customworksking View Post
sup Paul, i may b up fer the summer race need sum wheel time if i want to go to iic..Kevin
Hi Kevin, cool man, good to hear from you. See you soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Hey Paul,

It was very nice meeting you this weekend at the X-Ray Challenge. It was our pleasure and honor having you over at our track in Jackson, NJ.

You made a lot of people happy with set-up advice and one-on-one car tuning............. Really made there day.......... and the show you put out on the track.......... Simply Awesome!!

Hope to run into you again real soon........ Maybe the Halloween Classic

Take Care and enjoy the rest of the summer!
I had a great time, the track that was put together last minute for this race was just awesome, Nicest curbing i have ever driven on. Its on again next year for sure, maybe a 2day event next year. thanks for everything!, paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnet Top View Post
Hi Paul,

I am the guy that got the door prize of the WGT X10 at the Portland OR Xray Challenge. It was really cool to see you run and I had the privilege of being the only guy that corner marshalled your car during the 25 minute nitro main. "Flat tracking it" and all, I still think about that... just awesome....

Anyway, getting to my needs :-) I've decided to race the xray X10 WGT kit at the IIC race in a side saddle lipo configuration. I went to the teamxray forum for setup sheets and they don't list the X10 at all... yet. I know the X10 was raced at a race or two and am wondering if there is something other to go by than the supplied basic carpet setup sheet included with the kit.

p.s. I played Paper Toss for a couple days then looked at the outrageous scores posted and gave up. Whats your high score dude ?

Cheers,

Jake D.
Hi Jake, I would bring it with the basic set up. and we will go over it their, this being the first single cell race and all, im sure that we will be working on it. so bring what you have and ill be their to help. Im only racing two classes so i have more free time to work on single cell stuff.

High score, 71 on hard.

see ya in vegas!
Closed Thread