Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 09:25 AM   #1171
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
HEllo guys

what is a "CS yellow high grip "
CS is a company in europe, they have a traction compound that works pretty well on carpet, its yellow in color and i think that is what it is called, "yellow/high grip". I only know it because whenever i race over their im always ninja style dipping in Mark or Jilles's sauce lol and sometimes that is what it is.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 AM   #1172
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
CS is a company in europe, they have a traction compound that works pretty well on carpet, its yellow in color and i think that is what it is called, "yellow/high grip". I only know it because whenever i race over their im always ninja style dipping in Mark or Jilles's sauce lol and sometimes that is what it is.
Any chance this is the same stuff as "Accute Asphalt" from Much More? (its bright yellow) I have tried that and like it real well, but its way to pricey.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #1173
Tech Regular

Paul, I've noticed on some of your setup sheets you use buggy grip as your traction compound. After doing some testing with the buggy grip, paragon, and acute asphalt, I could not get my car to feel right with just the buggy grip. How are you using it? Do you just clean your tires with it then apply tweak after letting buggy grip soak? (i tried doing that instead with acute asphalt instead of tweak and i really like my car with it)
Old 07-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #1174
Tech Regular

Default Ed the dutchman

Quote:
HEllo guys

what is a "CS yellow high grip "
CS high grip is a sauce from CS electronic in germany it is a good tyre sauce for short hairy carpet,they have also ultra grip, this is for woven carpet(hard)
See for yourself on webside http://cs-shop.de/
I am running their brusless motors, they are the same as speed passion

Thanks

Ed IJzerman
Old 07-27-2009, 04:52 PM   #1175
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77

Paul,

do you have any good setups for a mid-low bite asphalt track? Our primary class is 13.5.

(most guys are using "team epic" buggy grip and then baking them with "tire tweak")

www.crgraphicsonline.com
Old 07-27-2009, 05:47 PM   #1176
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpins77 View Post
Paul,

do you have any good setups for a mid-low bite asphalt track? Our primary class is 13.5.

(most guys are using "team epic" buggy grip and then baking them with "tire tweak")
Paul I hate to bust in on your thread like this but I have a setup thats good for the type of conditons your running in. Here is the link to it:http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...6&setup=t2_008
We are running a flowing layout until you reach one technical section thats meant for a carpet track but whatever. I took the front way bar off to give it a little bit more aggresiveness through this tight section, but it felt like it still was understeering a tad bit. So if it feels the same way next time I may move the front quick roll center from upper inner to lower inner and try that
Old 07-27-2009, 06:59 PM   #1177
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tenpins77

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
Paul I hate to bust in on your thread like this but I have a setup thats good for the type of conditons your running in. Here is the link to it:http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...6&setup=t2_008
We are running a flowing layout until you reach one technical section thats meant for a carpet track but whatever. I took the front way bar off to give it a little bit more aggresiveness through this tight section, but it felt like it still was understeering a tad bit. So if it feels the same way next time I may move the front quick roll center from upper inner to lower inner and try that
thanks,

but you didnt put down what shock oil you were using? I will def give this setup a shot.

Has anyone / paul had any luck with the mid motor conversion and the "asphalt top deck?

www.crgraphicsonline.com
Old 07-27-2009, 07:02 PM   #1178
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:

Thank you, looking forward to race with you at Jackson, NJ next month

John Lee
Old 07-27-2009, 07:17 PM   #1179
Tech Regular

Quote:
thanks,

but you didnt put down what shock oil you were using? I will def give this setup a shot.

Has anyone / paul had any luck with the mid motor conversion and the "asphalt top deck?
Sorry 30 wt
Old 07-27-2009, 07:18 PM   #1180
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Thanks, I had a great time in portland. Made Tons of new friends!
Go Team Pop a Top!!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #1181
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

Paul,
What are your recommendations for the ECS driveshafts? Do you recommend the 52mm or the 50mm?

Also, can we use any other brand springs with the T2 Pro or the T2 009?

1/10 2WD Buggy: TLR 22 4.0 SR 17.5
1/10 4WD Buggy: TBD

Last edited by cpatel529; 07-28-2009 at 09:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #1182
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
... you can use either, I like the white pistons better, they have better edges and they should be more precise with no mold flashing's. the standard piston holes are 1mm and the white pistons are 1.1mms. but i would use the white ones. Thanks
What's the part number of the white pistons that fit the plastic T2 shocks? The only optional pistons I can find are the 308036, but the description of these says

"The new pistons have a larger external diameter and are flatter than the standard kit pistons and because of that, these pistons fits only to 308306 alu shocks specially developed for T2’008 cars."

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #1183
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBrown View Post
What's the part number of the white pistons that fit the plastic T2 shocks? The only optional pistons I can find are the 308036, but the description of these says

"The new pistons have a larger external diameter and are flatter than the standard kit pistons and because of that, these pistons fits only to 308306 alu shocks specially developed for T2’008 cars."

Thanks!
Im pretty sure that those are the ones, after thinking about it the white ones that i had were most likely prototype.

Hi everyone, Im off to a race in just a couple of hours. (great lakes classic). It seems like a horrible excuse because i am posting now but it really takes me forever to type responces because i stink at typing, (seriously) and i dont have time to get back to all of the responces right now. i will get to them all when i get home or if i find a PC and some time at the race. Sorry

Thanks, Paul
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #1184
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Paul just seeing if you recovered finally from the xray challenge here at Portland it was great to have you here for that race. it meant alot to the guys around the NW region . your thought on setup on my 008 was great the setup work last weekend and allowed me to win with the car .maybe at the xray challenge i was a little sleep deprived .already working on next years race can't wait to see you again .maybe we can get some of the girls from the pop a top for trophy girls next year??? good luck at the race and give Ralph a hard time for me!!!!

suport your local hobby shop because ebays track is hard to find !!!!!!!!
Russ Jacobson
Old 08-03-2009, 08:02 AM   #1185
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrcguy View Post
Any chance this is the same stuff as "Accute Asphalt" from Much More? (its bright yellow) I have tried that and like it real well, but its way to pricey.
Im not sure about that, I have never used the accurate asphalt before.

Quote:
Paul, I've noticed on some of your setup sheets you use buggy grip as your traction compound. After doing some testing with the buggy grip, paragon, and acute asphalt, I could not get my car to feel right with just the buggy grip. How are you using it? Do you just clean your tires with it then apply tweak after letting buggy grip soak? (i tried doing that instead with acute asphalt instead of tweak and i really like my car with it)
I think that it really depends on the track. lately i have been cleaning with buggy grip then putting a small amount of tweak on the tire and letting it dry before i run.

Quote:
Paul,

I dont have a set up that i made specially for 13.5 but my reedy race set up from this year should be pretty good with some minor tweaks. sorry.

Quote:
Thanks Colton

Quote:
thanks,

I have not had a chance to test the forward motor a lot yet but i think that for low traction situations it would be really good.

Quote:
Thank you, looking forward to race with you at Jackson, NJ next month

John Lee
Hi John, it will be fun. see you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
Paul,
What are your recommendations for the ECS driveshafts? Do you recommend the 52mm or the 50mm?

Also, can we use any other brand springs with the T2 Pro or the T2 009?
Hi, Normally i recommend the 52mm drive shafts for the front, you can use other brand springs. ours fit best for our shocks and spring cups but you can use Hpi springs and they will just be a little loose on the shocks, but im not sure about other brands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdadracing View Post
hey Paul just seeing if you recovered finally from the xray challenge here at Portland it was great to have you here for that race. it meant alot to the guys around the NW region . your thought on setup on my 008 was great the setup work last weekend and allowed me to win with the car .maybe at the xray challenge i was a little sleep deprived .already working on next years race can't wait to see you again .maybe we can get some of the girls from the pop a top for trophy girls next year??? good luck at the race and give Ralph a hard time for me!!!!

Thanks, was a great time. Ill see you next year, hopefully sooner.
Closed Thread