R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:26 PM   #1111
Tech Regular

does anyone know the diameter of the new hudy setup wheels? wondering how close they are to rubber tires. thnx!
Old 05-18-2009, 12:48 PM   #1112
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ToysRUsKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantum View Post
does anyone know the diameter of the new hudy setup wheels? wondering how close they are to rubber tires. thnx!

The diameter is 61.5mm
Old 05-26-2009, 01:21 PM   #1113
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On a Duo 17.5 with the three timing holes in the endbell, approximately how much timing does each hole give? E.g. when running in the stock hole, is that zero timing? Ten degrees? When running a speed control with timing boost, it seems useful to know how much timing is in the motor itself, but the instructions that came with the motor don't say. If you don't know the answer, could you send this question on to Jim Dieter for an answer? Thanks!
Old 05-26-2009, 02:48 PM   #1114
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkBrown View Post
On a Duo 17.5 with the three timing holes in the endbell, approximately how much timing does each hole give? E.g. when running in the stock hole, is that zero timing? Ten degrees? When running a speed control with timing boost, it seems useful to know how much timing is in the motor itself, but the instructions that came with the motor don't say. If you don't know the answer, could you send this question on to Jim Dieter for an answer? Thanks!
From what I understand, low timing is 10, middle is 20, high is 30.
Old 05-28-2009, 09:28 AM   #1115
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToysRUsKid View Post
The diameter is 61.5mm
Thanks for the answer because i dont know what the size is.

Quote:
Hi, their is no way to tell exactly how much timing their is in the motor, every speedo and motor is going to be a bit different, its not as easy and accurate as a brushed motor was where you had comm segments, brushes and a visible magnet center.
the endbell marks are 0, 10, 20, the accual timing will be around 5 degs or so more because of other variables. when tuning a motor to a normal speedo you will find that when you have too much timing in it the motor will stop pulling (like hitting a rev limiter) going down the straight. A good starting point with a 13.5 duo on a mid size track is middle hole timing, profile 7 on a Tc spec, and a 5.0 ratio. when you are doing testing with other speedos, gearing and timing make sure to moniter motor temp by pulling off before 5min just to be safe and not hurt your motor.

Korey: Thanks for jumping in.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM   #1116
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Thanks for the answer because i dont know what the size is.

Hi, their is no way to tell exactly how much timing their is in the motor, every speedo and motor is going to be a bit different, its not as easy and accurate as a brushed motor was where you had comm segments, brushes and a visible magnet center.
the endbell marks are 0, 10, 20, the accual timing will be around 5 degs or so more because of other variables. when tuning a motor to a normal speedo you will find that when you have too much timing in it the motor will stop pulling (like hitting a rev limiter) going down the straight. A good starting point with a 13.5 duo on a mid size track is middle hole timing, profile 7 on a Tc spec, and a 5.0 ratio. when you are doing testing with other speedos, gearing and timing make sure to moniter motor temp by pulling off before 5min just to be safe and not hurt your motor.

Korey: Thanks for jumping in.
Going with that Paul, whats your experience with the Pulse motors, 13.5 ?
Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #1117
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Going with that Paul, whats your experience with the Pulse motors, 13.5 ?

with the pulse 13.5 i always ran the same gearing at a 5.0 with 5-10degs on the timing marks. same number 7 on the speedo also. for right now pulses are not availible.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:12 AM   #1118
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No problem man! What you said is probably still a little more accurate though. Great finish at Reedy! Maybe I'll cya again at the IIC if I can make it.

-Korey
Old 05-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #1119
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Paul i wanted to thank you for all the help at reedy sorting out my new car. Had a quick question for you. I will be racing in a couple weeks at a track in tampa with very similiar grip nd surfuce as speedworld. Do you think i should try the same set-up I ran out there?
Old 05-29-2009, 07:29 AM   #1120
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisguy2849 View Post
Hey Paul i wanted to thank you for all the help at reedy sorting out my new car. Had a quick question for you. I will be racing in a couple weeks at a track in tampa with very similiar grip nd surfuce as speedworld. Do you think i should try the same set-up I ran out there?
No problem. I would start with that set up for sure. i will have my set up on line soon so you can look at that also.
see ya.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #1121
Tech Master

Paul,

What are your thoughts on Jeff Dayger?

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
Old 05-29-2009, 07:45 AM   #1122
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
Paul,

+1???
Old 05-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #1123
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
Great information, thanks!
Old 05-29-2009, 04:24 PM   #1124
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Paul, Lynn and I would like to Thank You for all the Help you and Drew, and Ralph gave to our daughter at the Reedy last weekend. That was her first big race since joining the Navy last year. She was very lucky to be pitting next to you guys. Thanks again !!!

Cya at the birds this year.

PS we made a ton of liverc bucks betting on YOU !!!!!!! Now if they would just send us the check.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 AM   #1125
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
Paul,

I think that if God made Jeff any more awesome jesus would have gotten totally jealous.lol
Btw one time i saw Jeff Pitch a no hitter from left field.

Quote:
Great information, thanks!
No problem!.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmunno View Post
Paul, Lynn and I would like to Thank You for all the Help you and Drew, and Ralph gave to our daughter at the Reedy last weekend. That was her first big race since joining the Navy last year. She was very lucky to be pitting next to you guys. Thanks again !!!

Cya at the birds this year.

PS we made a ton of liverc bucks betting on YOU !!!!!!! Now if they would just send us the check.
I remembered her right away, I said "your the girl with the really big dad right" LOL. No problem, its nice to see her still racing away from florida!.

See ya.
Closed Thread