R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-20-2008, 06:28 PM   #916
Tech Regular
 
#88driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Jonesboro, Arkansas
Posts: 482
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s View Post
Hey Paul-

For rubber tire, what do you think of the new proline R9-R body in comparison to the mazda 6, speed 6 and dna 2.

Hunter and I are running the DNA2, I kinda like the looks of the R9-R but how does it perform. Not sure if you did any testing with it or not and wondered where it fell in comparison to the others. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks..

Mike
While I'm not Paul Lemieux, I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this. I have personally not ran the body, but from the local racers who have ran it and from watching the forum about the body, it sounds like it is a very aggresive body, much more aggresive than speed 6, mazda 6 or dna 2.
__________________
Colton Jaynes
*RC America*Hudy*Xray*Jaco*KO Propo*SMC*EA Motorsports*
rchobbiesstore.com
#88driver is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 08:08 AM   #917
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog xxx-s View Post
Hey Paul-

For rubber tire, what do you think of the new proline R9-R body in comparison to the mazda 6, speed 6 and dna 2.

Hunter and I are running the DNA2, I kinda like the looks of the R9-R but how does it perform. Not sure if you did any testing with it or not and wondered where it fell in comparison to the others. Thought I'd ask.

Thanks..

Mike
As 88driver said below, the body is more agressive than the mazda's. anyone that i have seen get comfortible with that body has gone fast because of it, so i think that you guys are doing well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Hi Paul, how much is the max degrees you use in steering, that would not affect the speed of the car and smooth of the drivshafts. Thanks.
Hi Nuno. i may not be 100%right about how i do it, but I run full lock steering at all times (steering block runs in to the caster block), obviously i do back down my epa's to just touch it or put a little pressure on the caster block. this way i have the max steering throw availible if i need it in a pinch, but i only use as much as i have to while driving a proper line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eded1 View Post
Thanks Paul,for your nice and clear explanation.
Jilles run with a 3.5SP an myself running at that time 4.0SP, sorry its not TRINITY.
Reading your information i understand that i've have to look how smooth the car is running (rubbertyres) and probably give it not more steering angle than nescesarry to keep up with the turns to rule out as much as possible friction.

Thanks Ed
no problem, Im sure that Jilles would have some input on your situation also if you get to run with him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by #88driver View Post
While I'm not Paul Lemieux, I'm pretty sure i know the answer to this. I have personally not ran the body, but from the local racers who have ran it and from watching the forum about the body, it sounds like it is a very aggresive body, much more aggresive than speed 6, mazda 6 or dna 2.
Thanks for the early help.
Paul L is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 AM   #918
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Trinity brushless.

Hey Paul.

If someone had a gun to your head and you had to talk to Celine Dion, what would you say?

Secondly, What has Trinity done differently with their new motors and how does it affect them?

Dave.
P.S. you made me switch to Xray.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:04 AM   #919
Tech Regular
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Paul, my question is because when i use to much steering i feel the car looses speed, and the wheels vibrate and when i see you guy´s racing you use very little steering, so i thought that you guy´s are so fast and have so much runtime because use less steering and not blocking the car speed.

Have you gone to thailand pratice. Have you tried the new ECS drive shafts.
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Old 10-21-2008, 09:12 AM   #920
Tech Elite
 
Johnny Wishbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,419
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Paul, do you balance your rubber tires for your TC?
Johnny Wishbone is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 05:12 PM   #921
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,416
Trader Rating: 139 (100%+)
Default

paul since you skipped over me (by accident) here is my questions again.

What did it do when you cut down the steering blocks on your TC ?
Will you be using lipo batteries at the upcoming big races?
Will you be at the Halloween classic?

Last edited by joerocket900; 10-22-2008 at 06:11 PM.
joerocket900 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:49 PM   #922
Tech Adept
 
jbmx4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 137
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to jbmx4life Send a message via MSN to jbmx4life Send a message via Yahoo to jbmx4life
Default

Hey Paul,

Are you going to be around on Saturday at Trackside? Just wondering since they are starting their Saturday racing. I might be there, just waiting to hear back from Jim....

Have a good day,
Jeremy
jbmx4life is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 09:23 AM   #923
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbboy View Post
Hey Paul.

If someone had a gun to your head and you had to talk to Celine Dion, what would you say?

Secondly, What has Trinity done differently with their new motors and how does it affect them?

Dave.
P.S. you made me switch to Xray.
Hi Dave. Id say (shoot).
Because of the specific rules for brushless motors the general concept and size is the same on the new motors. but with that being said their are allot of things different. it has a timing ring and timing is easily adjusted, also the sensor and endbell assymbly is very secure, the design from top to bottom is all Jim Dieter's work, the Stack material and shape/thickness/#lamiations, rotor material, shaft. everything was Designed and tested by Trinity. I think that it is the most unique Brushless motor under this set of rules that i have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho View Post
Thanks Paul, my question is because when i use to much steering i feel the car looses speed, and the wheels vibrate and when i see you guy´s racing you use very little steering, so i thought that you guy´s are so fast and have so much runtime because use less steering and not blocking the car speed.

Have you gone to thailand pratice. Have you tried the new ECS drive shafts.
yea,Everyone always tells me also that my wheels turn too far, but i say " show me a set up that has too much steering then i will turn it down". but you are definately right about more throw being less efficient. I have used the ECS drive shafts and they are awesome (NO BIND ATALL even full throw with a spool) I think they will require a different set up because of that.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone View Post
Paul, do you balance your rubber tires for your TC?
No i dont. i have ballanced tires before only to run them and have them right out of ballance again, possibly worse. I think in a off road truggy or a bigger tire it is usefull. In vegas i put ballance numbers on my tires 10 being badly out, and a 1 being good. after running a 10 was a 5 and a 1 was a 6 so i didnt bother balancing them atall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joerocket900 View Post
paul since you skipped over me (by accident) here is my questions again.

What did it do when you cut down the steering blocks on your TC ?
Will you be using lipo batteries at the upcoming big races?
Will you be at the Halloween classic?
Hi, sorry i dont know why i didn't see it.
Cutting your steering blocks will give the car more steering going in to the corner, it will also make the car more twitchy and reactive.
Im not totally sure but i think that i will be running lipo at cleveland, the worlds is the last race that sub c's are required that i will be attending for a while.
no I wont be at the Classsic, im just trying to get ready for the worlds.
good luck at the classic, paul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmx4life View Post
Hey Paul,
Are you going to be around on Saturday at Trackside? Just wondering since they are starting their Saturday racing. I might be there, just waiting to hear back from Jim....

Have a good day,
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy, I told Nick to let me know if he is coming so i could be their for sure. maybe ill see you then. later
Paul L is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 09:44 AM   #924
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,925
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Paul.. Will EA follow Herrman's foot step's at The gate this weekned, Or will he rise to the top...?......
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,[email protected]

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 09:47 AM   #925
Gravity RC
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wi
Posts: 1,147
Default

I dont know, EA is one of the most improoved racers over the last year or so, but their will be allot of fast guys their.
Paul L is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 09:48 AM   #926
Tech Regular
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Paul for your answers and patience, hope you have a good race in world championship.
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Old 10-23-2008, 10:05 AM   #927
Tech Addict
 
mtbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Winnipeg. Igloo. Hockey. Beer.
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Awsome .
Thanks again Paul.

Sorry about Celine America.
Especially the residents of Nevada.

Dave.
__________________
Team Associated Reedy factory team driver.
B5M Factory lite $ B44.3 Factory $ TC6.2 $ RC12R 5.1
Reedy 410 Speedos $ Reedy Mach Series motors
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 10:53 AM   #928
Tech Regular
 
Nuno Gancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 346
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi, Paul, will it have a significante diference in using diferent lenght shafts.
Are you using the original oring for your shocks or could it be a diferent brand like MM, Hara tamiya...
Nuno Gancho is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 11:37 AM   #929
Team EAM
 
EAMotorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 9,158
Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul L View Post
I dont know, EA is one of the most improoved racers over the last year or so, but their will be allot of fast guys their.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Paul.. Will EA follow Herrman's foot step's at The gate this weekned, Or will he rise to the top...?......
I was walking step for step with Herrmann this weekend!! Damn you Tag!

EA
__________________
Contact Us
Team EAM, Our Facebook
Team EAM | Xray | RCAmerica | Hudy | APEX Raceway and Hobbies | RC Mission | Killer Concepts | AVID | Hobbywing.
EAMotorsports is offline  
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM   #930
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,749
Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)
Default

Paul, what adjustments do you use most to deal a car that is traction rolling?
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline  
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Custom painted Paul LeMieux DNA 1 Sean R R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 4 02-12-2008 07:24 PM
pit table cyclone Electric On-Road 1 10-29-2006 07:01 PM
Paul Lemieux exint2 Electric On-Road 9 10-17-2006 07:19 PM
Mike Blackstock and Paul Lemieux sign with Xray ctmazzo Electric On-Road 79 01-02-2006 03:01 PM
Pit Table help Joneser Electric On-Road 11 09-01-2003 09:44 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net