R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #886
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Paul, have you ever raced 1/12th scale?
If so do you have any pointers for somebody moving over from off-road?
Thanks for your time!
Sean
<><
[B]Stephen Shook [/B]Monday Evening, the 6th of October 2008. I will always remember you and what you did for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #887
Gravity RC

Imprsme: Thanks, all in all the week was still good. I just still need to get better with tuening nitro stuff.

IH8Racing: Hi Sean, I do race 12th scale but only maybe once or twice a year, the only advice that i can give is to make sure that you keep the car in pristine shape and replace any parts that may be in question. Their is not much to a 12th scale car so what their is becomes super important to maintane and make sure its perfect. then you should be able to tune the car with front springs, tires and camber. Hope this helps.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #888
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks a ton Paul!
[B]Stephen Shook [/B]Monday Evening, the 6th of October 2008. I will always remember you and what you did for me.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:50 PM   #889
Tech Adept

Hey Paul, congrats for your TQ at the Sedan nats. Could post your setup in the Xray website, please

Thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 11:06 AM   #890
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to c1 racin Send a message via AIM to c1 racin Send a message via Yahoo to c1 racin

Ok Paul ..... first off ..... Congrat's at the Nat's ..... everyone knows you wanted and should have finished better but it's still a great finish ..... Just another feather in you cap for this year with just the Electric Worlds to go ..... BTW ..... are you going to the World's??

Which brings me to this ..... Is there a XRAY 009 coming out before the worlds or just alot of hop-ups for the 008 ..... I just read this from Red RC .... like you would really tell me here on this forum huh ..... ..... but hints ......
Old 10-18-2008, 11:38 AM   #891
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Hi Paul, hope everything is well with you.

Quick question, is the Trinity 17.5 duo being replaced with something new or is it just sold out to the distributors like Horizon and Great Planes?

I have been trying to get one the past month but seems to be on perpetual BO.

Thanks for the info and have fun!

oh and p.s. congrats on all of your past and future wins...
USVTA National Points Member #101
Old 10-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #892
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 17.5?

duo timing and fdr,sedan?,temp range..?
1983.TC3,XXXS,MI3,JRXS,DB12R,TC5R,JRXSR,PRO4,CYCLONE,SC8,SC10,009,HPI BLITZ,LOSI 8,b4.1,b44,serpent impluse,serpent impact 2wd,serpent impact m2 4wd.HotBodiesD8.RC 8.2 .SC 10#2.sc10 4x4.b4 2wd buggy.scte4x4 losi.techno dno8 conversion.Techno Rc8.2. Amsoil.Vp.TeamManager Fuel throttle motor sports.G's . JUICE RACING LLC.COM AND ON FACEBOOK. THE JUICE RACING.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:31 PM   #893
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ko View Post

Quick question, is the Trinity 17.5 duo being replaced with something new or is it just sold out to the distributors like Horizon and Great Planes?

A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulse BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA

Last edited by EAMotorsports; 10-19-2008 at 06:03 PM.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:44 AM   #894
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to A-Ko

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulsar BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA
Thanks EA for the info, the local HS did not know.
Should be interesting to see what the Pulsar is?
USVTA National Points Member #101
Old 10-19-2008, 03:35 PM   #895
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by miker2209 View Post
Hey Paul, congrats for your TQ at the Sedan nats. Could post your setup in the Xray website, please

Thanks
Hi. sorry i have not done that yet, i will post it tomorrow (mon) on the xray site. thanks.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:36 PM   #896
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1 racin View Post
Ok Paul ..... first off ..... Congrat's at the Nat's ..... everyone knows you wanted and should have finished better but it's still a great finish ..... Just another feather in you cap for this year with just the Electric Worlds to go ..... BTW ..... are you going to the World's??

Which brings me to this ..... Is there a XRAY 009 coming out before the worlds or just alot of hop-ups for the 008 ..... I just read this from Red RC .... like you would really tell me here on this forum huh ..... ..... but hints ......

Thanks alot. Yup, im going to the worlds. I read this on Red rc also. I know that the perception of me being a team racer would lead everyone to beleive that i know what Xrays plans are, but its not always true. Apparently They do have some parts that they are testing for the up coming WC's, i have not yet tested them. i dont know what their criteria is for doing a new kit. I know that i am dancing around the question, but at this point i think that you know as much as i do, sorry.
Old 10-19-2008, 03:58 PM   #897
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Ko View Post

Hi Jeff, how are you?. we do have a new line of brushless motors coming out (the Pulse Line), but i don't think that we are discontinueing the current DUO line. Yes the Duo's are hard to get right now and that is because they are so fast. I would try and continue to get the Duo motor because they are so good and because i dont know exactly when the new Pulse line will be released, I think by the end of the year for sure if not much sooner.
talk to you soon, paul
Old 10-19-2008, 04:03 PM   #898
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf1 View Post
duo timing and fdr,sedan?,temp range..?
Hi, we normally run the Duo 10.5, 13.5 and 17.5 in the Middle tining position, for temp i think that 150 to 180 is acceptible but it depends on what class/motor you are running. honestly i dont run much stock class racing so maybe someone like EA could help us both out with this question. Thanks alot.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:04 PM   #899
Gravity RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports View Post
A-Ko...I am not Paul but the Duo's have been on backorder for a while. They will be in at Trinity next week. There is a new Pulsar BL motor coming out towards the end of the year though. You can check Trinity's web site next week for the Duo's or I will have some as well.

EA
Correct. Thanks for the help EA.
Old 10-19-2008, 04:13 PM   #900
Tech Regular

Default eded1

Hi, Paul.

I have a little question about the batterie's the top drivers using.
Its maybe a silly question, but latelly i was driving on Heemstede(Netherlands) with Jilles and i was amazed about the long runtimes he archieved, compaired to myself.
Some people said he drives reserved, but i managed to see where he used throttle and that is on more occasion full or almost full, but his runtime
remained long. What do i not understand.

Further:I wish that a surten Xray driver took the world's

Thanks in advance
Ed Ijzerman The Netherlands
Closed Thread