R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 AM   #721
Gravity RC

jonny socko: I would love to go to both but i think that i will be going to the 301race.

max: for rubber i would start with my set-up from their last year, for foam i would start with my carpet nationals set-up. that is most likely what i will go their with.

Im off to the Reedy Race today so i wont be on here much untill next week. But keep the thread going and i will tend to everything when i get back. Thanks, Paul
Old 05-26-2008, 07:15 PM   #722
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Paul - Great job making the show at the Reedy. Those guys from across the ponds are fast.

I'll be running 13.5 rubber at the IIC w/my EU 008. What do I need to get for the car, one-way, springs..etc? I only run on asphault.

Thanks,
Paul P.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #723
Gravity RC

Hi Paul. Thanks, i definately learned alot at the reedy, i still think that the car is awesome. the americans are all just still playing catch up on rubber tires, the results showed that.
for asphalt everyone runs a spool as you most likely know, for vegas i would get a one way or multi diff. last year in vegas i Tqed with a spool but as the grip came up it seemed like a one way was the way to go, i also would get the complete Black spring kit from xray, we all like those springs alot, allot of the guys run the alluminum shocks now (not totally necissary but maybe good to have), i would also bring all of the different size sway bars, and some of the set-ups may use the short dog bones. so get the one way, springs and bars for sure and if you want to be totally covered to try anyones set-up atall get the bones and shocks. Thanks, paul

Last edited by Paul L; 05-28-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:57 PM   #724
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hi Paul, can you tell me what the heck a dirty sanchez is? Josh H says he really enjoys them, Is it a new cheeseburger?
Old 05-28-2008, 02:01 PM   #725
Gravity RC

Sure Danny. Not with a 10foot pole buddy. lol
Old 05-28-2008, 02:05 PM   #726
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hey Pauly!

Good to see you and hang out this week... hopefully I'll get to another race sooner or later again!
Old 05-29-2008, 10:52 AM   #727
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Ridge_Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Ridge_Racer

Paul

How tight do you run your front and rear belts when using a brushless motor? dose it matter? I can't help thinking the standard position is a little too loose. Also should I be worried about the rear diff melting now that I am running brushless? My car is driving like crap and I'm not sure where to start looking.

You mentioned a black spring kit and some sway bars. is a center one way necessary as well? What options do I get if I go with the black spring set?

Thanks much
Old 05-30-2008, 07:44 AM   #728
Gravity RC

Thanks scoob's, You too. No nats for u?

Ridge_Racer: I still run the belts fairly loose, not super loose but not tight either. What brushless are you running and is this on asphalt or carpet?, It should not be a rear diff problem, our diffs hold up better than most, but if it is crunchy it is time for a rebuild. You want the rear diff to be smooth and free but still be tight.
A center one way is also nice to have, you only want to use it if you have a front one way in. later, Paul
Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #729
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Hey Paul, regarding your US ROAR Carpet Nationals setup, if traction and track layout were the same, how do you feel this setup would work in Sportsman 13.5 racing? Would you change anything on this setup given less power?

Here a link to the setup I'm referring to:

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...6&setup=t2_008
Old 05-30-2008, 08:55 AM   #730
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Doesn't really look like it... Big Orange is cutting back... I think I'd probably be able to find a place to crash and rides if I got out there...but the airfare and tire costs would be alot to handle right now... oh well
Old 05-30-2008, 01:26 PM   #731
Gravity RC

Kn7671: I have had alot of people say that that set-up worked well for them, i would start with that for sure and from their its real easy to tune on. But it think the set up will work well for whatever motor you would run.

Steve: that sucks, their will be more races
Old 05-30-2008, 02:14 PM   #732
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Ridge_Racer Send a message via Yahoo to Ridge_Racer

Paul

When adding weight to the car to adjust for lipo, do you recomend adding it to the chassis or the lipo itself? Also the lipo I have dose not fit under the chassis top plate but I may be able to squeeze it in. is this recomended?

Thanks again
Old 05-30-2008, 02:35 PM   #733
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Syber Serulean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridge_Racer View Post
Paul

When adding weight to the car to adjust for lipo, do you recomend adding it to the chassis or the lipo itself? Also the lipo I have dose not fit under the chassis top plate but I may be able to squeeze it in. is this recomended?

Thanks again
building on that...

what is the best way to balance a TC when using a lipo (or any universal method, whatever works). Whats needed and how would i do it?
Old 05-30-2008, 06:17 PM   #734
Gravity RC

Ridge racer: if it dosent fit under the top deck i would not shove it under their, it will tweak the car. i dont really have a method for adding the weight. when i did it i put the weight on to the battery just because i couldn't find any where elts to put 4or 5oz. in a pinch i would tape the battery in out from underneath the top deck, the battery will be pushed farther out and will help ballance the car even better, this is if you can tape it well enough to be sucure out their.

Syber serulean: if your club dosen't have a weight limit i would add as little weight as possible back to the car to make it ballanced, this means that you want to add as little weight as possible but also as far out as possible. Hypothetically you could ballance the car back out by adding only 1oz if you could stick it 3inches outside of the body,LOL. so most likely the best way will be to add it to the outside of the battery (farthest from center) or to the very edge of the chassis.
I ballance my cars with the Hudy pins, In all of our cars their are two holes drilled in the bottom of the chassis (one in the front and one in the rear), these two holes are dead center of the car. the ballancing tool is basicly like 2 giant thumb tacks. I set the car on those, and they give a pretty good indication of how ballanced the car is.
with a lipo the car will fall BIG TIME to the motor side, I would settle with it just falling a little, that will be with atlease 3 or 4oz's added to the outside of the battery.
Old 05-30-2008, 06:39 PM   #735
Tech Addict

Paul,

Did you run the new IB4600s at the Reedy or did you use EP's? There are *rumors* that the Trinity drivers were running the EPs. Want to know the real deal, and hear your feedback on the cells.
Closed Thread