Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 11:42 AM   #376
Gravity RC

maybe for a bit.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:08 PM   #377
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Paulie,

Were you running the 3.5 milled chassis at Snowbirds or another variation?

Thanks brutha,
Rob Love
Old 02-26-2008, 02:11 PM   #378
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default roll center

thanks for your help Paul. If I use mid roll center blocks in the front and -75rollcenter blocks in the rear what positions would you reccomend to use for the camber links thanks again and sorry to have so many questions
Old 02-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #379
Gravity RC

Rob: Hi, I used a 2.5mm chassis. no milling.

Mshap33: no problem atall, i would start in the rear with the long and high hole on the tower( but not the super high hole), and short with 2mm on the outside. this will be very close to paralell.

In the front i would start long and low with 0 under the caster block, but keep in mind to try long and high with 1.5 under the caster block if the car needs to be a bit easier to drive. you may have to play with it a bit.
Old 02-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #380
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default roll center

thanks again for all of your help. I will be racing this sat and will try all of your suggestions I will let you know how they worked. Thanks again for all of your help
Old 02-26-2008, 08:13 PM   #381
Tech Initiate

Paulie,

Thanks for the the dialed help brother, I used it all for conditioning and must say, with out a doubt it has been great reading all your helpful dialed posts. Thanks again..

FAS
Old 02-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #382
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Essnowyt View Post
Paul, will you be at trackside tonight?

Snowy.
Snowy needs help. Kind of like the help you gave me awhile back.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:31 PM   #383
Tech Master

whats up paul, parallel link , angled link, and link that is slightly higher on the tower in comparison to the hubs , what are the characteristics of each on foam tires.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:13 PM   #384
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Lance72RC

Paul, was looking at the entries for the ROAR Nats. And it looks like Team Xray is basically sitting out this year. None of Xray's top drivers are signed up for Touring Mod. Is there a reason for this? It's sort of disheartening to see that one of the best teams in the industry would sit out of one of ROAR's largest events.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:52 AM   #385
Gravity RC

mshap33: no problem atall, let me know what you find out.

Broke: I dont think that we have talked on here much, its good to know their are more people reading this than are posting!. Thanks

Kraig: hopefully i can find some time soon to spend with him. i have just had so much going on lately that i dont know when i will be able too.

Rosco: (FOAMS ONLY) Hi , With Foam tires camber links are very critical, do to the fixed profile of the tire and the amount of traction. The more proper angle or the shorter the camber link the more "camber gain" you will have threw suspension travel.
In the front a paralell link should support the front end best because of a paralell likn's lack of camber gain. When you go shorter or add angle to your upper link, You get more chassis roll, that is why on most of my set-ups my front link is always within a 1mm shim of paralell.

In the rear i alkways run Much more camber gain because i like the rear of my car to roll. I have never been able to be succesful with a paralell link in the rear. For me the most stable rear link is Full Long with a lot of angle, Low on the rear tower with 4mm of shims under the hub. This dose take away steering but it is just more my style. Knowing this about the rear link you can now draw to your own conclusion about the other settings.

I know it is weird because i am contridicting my self with the rear link, by having a long link(less gain) then running alot of angle (more gain) at the same time. But in the end i could calculate the exact same amount of camber gain by having a much shorter link and it be paralell, and it would handle Totally different because of 1000 outside factors. But that is a whole nother thread and Frankly i wouldnt be able to understand my self if i tried.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:59 AM   #386
Gravity RC

Lance27rc: Hi, as far as i know Barry Baker, Ralph Burch, Travis schreven, Bobby flack?, Drew Ellis and I will be their. so maybe their is a mistake.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:03 AM   #387
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

Paulů.if you were at the race track and wanted to eat some noodles in a cup but were with out proper kitchen utensils what would you use to eat them with?
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:08 AM   #388
Tech Regular

Default Winternats

Hey Paul...........nice getting to pit with you and crazy Butters at Winternats. Thanks for your set-up help............look forward to the MWS this year... and afew laughs! Good Luck at the Nats.
Old 02-27-2008, 10:10 AM   #389
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

paul your going to love this I think I will run mod foam
Old 02-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #390
Gravity RC

Kevin: The most rusty pair of pliars i can find. you know how i do.

RayJ: Hi Ray. thanks man, i had a good time also. see you in a couple months.

KB: sweet man, their is no reason now with the availibility of Great motors and batterys, that all of the talented racers like your self shouldn't be atleast practicing with mod, even if you dont feel comfortible racing it.
Closed Thread